Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Wonderstruck Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 29, 2014
I bought this product directly from TopCase. I wanted the black key cover with a clear background, I got exactly what I wanted. I love the texture. The rubber feels like a good quality, perfectly balanced in softness and firmness. I have a Macbook Pro 13 w/Retina (I don't know if that makes a difference to anyone) the keys fit in perfectly. It feels like it is non slip and oil repelling texture. The F and J have little imprints like the regular F and J keys do. The light shines through the plastic like it should. I am super satisfied with this purchase.

I am particular about my purchases so I know I got the best deal. I was hesitant about buying from Top Case because for the price I was almost expecting something cheap and foreign. I was impressed however that this was made in the USA and it is excellent quality. In addition to my product, I received a complimentary mouse pad- the one I received was white and black chevrons. Adorable! It was a nice surprise. I was impressed by the practically immediate shipping (on Standard Shipping) and wrote a review elsewhere. The president of Top Case messaged me personally thanking me for my purchase. That is FANTASTIC Customer Service.

*I later returned a Macbook cover that I purchased from a different company and ordered it from Top Case. I knew I could trust them. I just got that today and again I am impressed by the quality. I never thought I'd stay up late writing an Amazon review because of how happy I was with my products and the service.
on January 5, 2016
I love this cover! The first one I ordered had some sort of black mark or burn on it, and the company was gracious enough to send me another one for free.

Also, it's worth noting there isn't really anything holding this cover on, so if you carry your laptop and flip it around a lot it could fall off, but I'm a college student who uses it for school and surfing the web, and it has really done a great job of protecting my keyboard from greasy fingers, crumbs, hairs, and who knows what else! All I do is take it off, tap it a little to shake off any crumbs and place it back on. It fits perfectly to my keyboard as well and I've never really had any problems with it falling off.

When I got my MacAir, I hated how loud the keyboard clicks were, so this product also makes typing a little quieter.

In all honesty, it did take about a week to get used to typing on and at first I wasn't sure if I would get used to it but I did and now I can't imagine not using this cover on my laptop.

I recommend this cover and this brand. They handled the issue of a defective cover professionally and quickly.
I've bought this for all my family with similar laptops as well and they love it.
on May 29, 2014
EDIT 2: It has been 3 years and this cover is going STRONG. I am hard on my electronics and this has help up to water, food, wine, the works. So easy to clean, I just use a clorox wipe. No sign of wear or tear. I can't believe I paid so little for such an amazing product. I hope they are still making them the same way because this is a product that LASTS! I have attached some photos of what it looks like 3 years later. A little bit of discoloration but you can't even tell against the keys. Still going strong!

EDIT 1: months later and I love it more than I did when I first got it. My keyboard is clean and it has kept rain out of the keyboard when I had it outside for an event and it started sprinkling. A must buy!

Original Review: I didn't know if I even wanted a keyboard cover for my laptop, so I bought this one since it was cheap. While it has definitely taken some getting used to, I LOVE it. It fits well and now that I have gotten used to the keys being less responsive, I sometimes forget it is even on there. It stays on fairly well, especially once it has been used for a few weeks and gets "broken in". Yes, the keys arent as responsive. Yes, it takes getting used to. What do you expect, you're putting plastic over a keyboard! For the price, I would DEFINITELY buy one of these!
on March 1, 2016
I love the smooth matte texture and the comfort this gives my fingers after typing for long periods of time. It feels great, the font is admirable, and this is an essential within my collection of computer accessories.

The biggest con is that it stretches in time. After about 6 months of use, it began to loose it's snug fit and shift slightly while typing, causing me to make mistakes and decrease my typing speed. There are also shallow folds on the edges from extra material which is unflattering, and exacerbates the shifting and sliding around. It used to fit perfect. Because of this flaw, I would prefer to replace this with a new keyboard cover about twice a year, but I will not do that, so in the future I will buy a different company's product with hopes for better results. This may not bother some people, but is very very frustrating for me personally.
This may have happened as a direct or indirect result of me tossing this keyboard cover in my laptop case or backpack about 1-3 times a month. It does not survive mildly rough handling.

I am also disappointed with the translucency of the white key letters. I have a rather clear outline of the keys from the lit keyboard light, but the letters allow less light to pass through, so in the dark it's very challenging to see the letters -- to which I just take the cover off. Again, this may be a personal preference, but I wish there was some way of knowing this before buying.
on April 3, 2017
I bought this cover in 2011 when I got my MacBook Pro 2011 for college. I've now had it on my computer for SIX YEARS and have been thankful for it so many steps of the way. It's saved my computer from countless liquid spills, you'd think I would have learned after spilling an entire glass of milk on it but I didn't, and can say that this is one of the reason my computer is still function so well. I find that when I am typing a lot at once, as I did with college papers, that it slowed my down and I would take it off. Other than that this has been a brilliant and long lasting product!
on November 29, 2013
I purchased the green TopCase for my 15" Macbook Pro with Retina.

When It arrived I found it folded and crimped in the packaging(probably to minimize the space, but come one it's small enough). Once I unfolded it and placed it onto my keyboard It did not settle nicely. Along the line where it was folded the keyboard cover looks like a bubble. I've had it for about a month now and it still hasn't settled! I've tried stretching it and folding it the opposite way but nothing works. Not only that, this keyboard cover was definitely not mac for the Retina model, Mac moved some of the F buttons around, and the power button was once the old eject button. So instead of fixing the new layout, TopCase just left it as it was. Another thing is the new MacBooks Retinas are thinner... the keyboard cover does not sit as well as it does in the older models. So when you close it the edge of the keyboard cover presses into the screen, leaving a line across it when you open it up. Aslo trying to use the backlit keyboard and keyboard cover is a little tough because they keys do not line up,leaving a blurry mess of a keyboard, which might be due to the bubble that resulted from terrible packaging.

I would not recommend this to a friend. There are better keyboard covers for a few extra dollars that fit a lot better and don't make you upset every tie you use it!
on June 17, 2017
It's impossible to TYPE with this keyboard cover, which is a fairly big drawback for a keyboard cover. The material is a thick, gluey plastic that grips your fingers as you type - in fact, if you press one finger on any middle key for a moment, you can lift the entire cover off the keyboard by sheer adhesion. I knew I'd had a keyboard cover in the past that was this completely unworkable, but I couldn't recall its brand name - I took a gamble & gambled wrong. 4 minutes out of the mailing package and it's already in the garbage. Pick ANY other brand.
on June 9, 2011
I bought this key guard because of the metallic gold color and because it was cheap and because it said it would fit a MacBook Pro 13". The color was great; after a couple of the color is rubbing off the keys used the most. It fit the key board but all of the symbols along the top do no coincide with the MacBook Pro. All of the keys are off by one after the symbol for F6. Therefore the volume keys are not as they appear on the keyguard- terrible if you make a mistake with Pandora Radio in the library.

I might buy a similar item just for the colors sake but probably not metallic since it's rubbing off.
on August 4, 2013
The price on this was super cheap and I thought the gold was really fun. I really liked it the first day but by the third day the gold was rubbing off and it just look terrible. It's cute, just made terribly.
on June 9, 2016
I have had this case for almost a year now and I have to say you get what you pay for. It is very thick which makes it really awkward to type with at first and it slows down your typing tremendously. Due to its thickness, when I close my laptop (Macbook pro 13in Retina) it often leaves oil residue and the print outline of most of the keys. Most of the time whenever I opened my laptop, the keyboard cover would stick to the screen. I ended up having to take it out because it ended up leaving little smudges that simply don't come off yet. Some of the keys (Space bar, enter, shift etc) have also become very loose. Now, I only use it of I'm eating and using my laptop or if my younger cousins are around.