Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 144 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 153 reviews
on January 15, 2012
I can't really fault this product, but I'm disappointed in it because it doesn't actually stay put. The coverage on the bottom palm rest is nice, but the coverage on the keyboard area fits more like a placemat, There's a slight gap between the cover and the keys which make typing on it not difficult, but you have to try harder to hit the keys properly. Also, the tiny scrap of silicone under the trackpad is flimsy and doesn't stay put. The problem could be solved by putting a small amount of adhesive on it, but that would defeat the purpose.

I did entertain the thought of cutting the top part of it off and just using the bottom part (which is the real reason I need it), but I haven't figured out a proper way to cut the silicone to where it'll still stick by itself.

My suggestion is that if you don't want to spend thirty to forty bucks on a fancy cover, get this silicone skin. It's not bad for the price, but it could be better. Then again, that's why you'll have to pay more for something like this if you want it to work properly.
on January 2, 2013
I have never been as disappointed with anything I bought off of Amazon as disappointed as I am with this purchase. First of all, the packaging was horrible. Secondly, when opening the package, instead of it being in a plastic or wrapped or anything at all, it was just there, the keyboard case was there folded together to pull out. After unfolding it cause it was probably sticked together for a long time, The back already looked like it was on a Macbook for a while with wear and tear, the front by the touchpad was stretched and doesn't even sit still on the laptop. This was a horrible product, followed with horrible servicing. I will NEVER buy from Top Case again after this.
on September 19, 2016
Listed to be for the 13" MacBook Pro, the keyboard cover is far too big. Aside from being less than aesthetically pleasing (disproportionate around the track pad; sticks out a good 2 mm beyond the computer; low quality lettering), it prevents my laptop from closing properly because the keys don't quite fit inside the molded silicone, which leaves it resting too high on the keyboard to stow it away as it should.

Benefits to this product are its low price, it should do well to protect against small spills as well as dust buildup. Even the fact that it's too big means that it offers slightly more cushion to your wrists from the edge of your laptop.
The inability to see the lit keyboard did not factor into my review since it is stated above that it cannot do that.
on December 10, 2012
I have a few of this kind of covers but this is really good...i previously ordered the black and white type but they came all defaulted(well the black came badly cut and both were folded and it made a bad loop)...sellers were very responsive, very prompt and even refunded me my shipping fees AND sent me a replacement for both covers...i havent recv'd them yet cause i have been out of town but i am very impressed with their service and will do bizness with this seller and recommend them ANYDAY!!!! They listen and respond till you are satisfied.
Since i was getting a replacement for these bad ones, i went ahead and altered the old defected ones and so far they stick well, and do the job, so if this defected ones work as i want, i have no doubt the none defected ones on thier way to me will work even better!!!! I am able to type without much difficulty (you know once you have a cover on ANY keyboard u expect some typing issues so thats a given tho not as bad in my case with this like some ppl say...just give it time and u will enjoy it) other than i cant see the keyboard at night(if this is a must for u, order clear/white covers from them, my white cover gives some light). The feel is good and it very professional looking too...solidifies the look of my keys...never was a fan of the spaced out keys even though i know they are so for air vent into the inside. Its smooth, not too rubbery looking and very easy to clean...just used baby wipes like i do :-) (dont judge me). This is a good product as far as i am concerned...along with a wonderful seller(s) etiquette...10/10 for me!!!
on January 15, 2014
I thought it was a good idea, but was shipped liked a piece of scrap, minus the s.
It was statically stuck to a plastic bag that was folded in half around the optical mouse and stuffed into a bubble wrap shipper envelope.
when I got it (frozen of course) the contents inside were molded to the shape of "smashed". So I let everything settle and try to let it return to shape, but this silicone cover would not cooperate. I applied it to my mac book 13.3 for S's & G's and just below the track pad the silicone strip(that runs along the bottom of the track pad) would not lay flat. Created a nice little loop effect that was irritating at least.
So, to me.... TOP CASE once again "DID NOT" come through for me!
They seem, to me, they really don't give a S*@t about there product and they way they ship it. It should be free just like garbage!
on January 17, 2016
Item came shipped, folded in half, and as a result, did not fit. Even had it not been poorly shipped, the cover itself would not have likely fit well. Marketing claims it'll fit a MBP 15". Even had it not been bent when shipped, the trackpad cutout area is too small. The keys do not fit tightly like other silicone covers. On top of that, TOPCASE refused full refund, and processed a 50% refund. Perhaps not one of the best consumer experiences I've had, hence this review.
on February 10, 2016
I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I ONLY WISHED IT COVERED MY ENTIRE KEYBOARD. It's protecting my laptop from all kinds of debris. So many things are on top of this cover it's ridiculous. It doesn't damage the laptop either with adhesive. It's rubber and peels off for cleaning and it can be put right back on top of the keyboard with ease. I'm considering getting a back up since this was one of the best purchases I've made to protect my laptop. Thank you very much!
on March 30, 2013
its is JUST A PEICE OF RUBBER, and it doesn't stay on super strong, but is will sit still if your not moving it around or always sitting with your laptop at a steep angel in the bed or something, just keep the keyboard level and this thing is great because it keeps dirt and dust and even water (not to much) away from the inside of your computer through the key holes, plus it keeps your keys looking fresh and new since your not touching them and whats really nice is that is makes typing super silent but doesn't make the buttons feel weird, just more grippy, but you'll get used to that, to bad you cant see your keyboard lit up anymore through the slightly thick black rubber, but if you know how to type well then whatever, worth it to keep dust dirty and small spills or crumbs and s*** out of the keyboard, totally recommend :)
on March 19, 2014
This product does a good job in hiding the ugly cracks/chipped-off/broken off pieces on the top case of apple MacBook laptop computer. For your info, "Top case" is the entire keyboard assembly. Apple made this in a "solid state" format, which means that the keyboard, touch pad and palm-rest are all joined together. Good luck trying to separate them. Big mistake if you try!.
The best solution to the problem described above is to replace the top case with a used or new one that can cost over one hundred dollars.
Or simply use this Silicone Skin Cover to hide the imperfections at a price you pay for a cup of a designer coffee.
on June 11, 2015
I have a Macbook late 2009 White Unibody edition that can easily pickup smudges and sweat buildup on the keys and palm rests. Though this was not made for that specific model, I couldn't find one that was and this one fits just fine. Though it shows the eject button as a power button and adds 3 new icons to function buttons that have no use, it is still a great buy especially when paired with a black full body plastic hard case.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.