Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 29, 2014
I'm happy it fits! I don't like that its transparent though. The bottom piece snaps on towards the back near the ventilation slits, then towards the front near the mouse pad. The top piece towards the bottom doesn't snap on so it kind of "slips off" a bit but nothing to be concerned about. Just have to press it back into place. This wont fit any other model besides A1181 Mac. Best thing is it will protect your Mac from scratches and marks.
review imagereview imagereview image
on September 15, 2015
I received the wrong item. I ordered purple and instead I received gold. It also doesn't fit on my MacBook and my Mac is the model number in their description. In the photo I attached, the case is just sitting on top of it. It won't snap on
review imagereview image
on May 10, 2016
I have one of these older Mac laptops. I bought this to hid the now-ugly case. It works fine. You can tell it's just a case and with the circle opening, you can easily see the white around the apple. So if you want one that is translucent and covers the apple, you'll have to get something else. This works for me. It was inexpensive, keeps my ports open for use and hides the ugly.
on January 9, 2014
It's really not easy to find hard covers for older Macbook models. I should have purchased one when I first bought the computer but I didn't think it was necessary at the time. Macs have a long lifespan and even though this one is old, it's still being kicked around and used pretty roughly. This hard shell fits perfectly, as advertised, and is easy to snap onto the computer. It's not *quite* as firmly secured as the shell I have on my current laptop, but it has only come unsecured once, when I was cleaning the laptop and putting the screen in a weird position. It has plenty of ventilation areas. And it raises the laptop above the surface its sitting on quite a bit. My only complaint is that the edges of the plastic are kind of rough. They have to extend around to hug the laptop and stay in place, but this means that the part along the bottom-front of the laptop scrapes your wrists as you type. I honestly think if I got out a little file I could smooth it out a bit and it wouldn't be an issue - I just haven't gotten around to it. Obviously, I've been typing on the computer just fine, but if it were your full time computer, you'd want to do something about it sooner. It's just two little spots. So, it's not perfect perfect perfect, but I defy you to find a better solution for your older model Mac. The company has also been really courteous.

UPDATE: I got out some sandpaper today and went to work on the 4 inches that rubbed my wrists wrong. It took about 5 minutes and they aren't a problem anymore. I don't think this is a big enough downside to prevent anyone from buying the product.
on April 3, 2017
Ordered this for the MacBook (13-inch, black, late 2008) MacBook 2,1. It does fit, although the circle cutout around the Apple logo is a little off-center, just enough to be noticeable. Also, the bottom case does not appear to fit too well either. As you can see from most of the photos, there is no plastic tabs in the back so it is a little loose and is not as secure as some other cases out there.
on December 26, 2012
I'm so disappointed about this case, i was so exited to get it because is so hard to find a case for my "old" macbook, when it arrived i realized i order two by mistake!! OH! and what a mistake!!! At first I had no problem at all when I put it on my laptop. The plastic seemed hard but i notest that circle around the Apple logo is wrong cutted, it almost covers one part of the apple and the bited part of it shows too much white and both of the cases are like that :(. That was minor detail, but what i dislike the most are the edges, they are so sharp and hurt my wrists while i'm using the keyboard or the mouse pad. I'm thinking on buying some sandpaper and see if i can smooth the edges a bit. I really hope i can fix this because i really need to protect my laptop without people thinking i tried to kill my self cutting my wrists with a laptop case!!
on July 14, 2016
This is for an older Macbook. I previously had this kind of protection with a Speck case, had it on for 8 years, the clips recently broke so I wanted to replace the case/cover if I could still find one. This one is very similar. Goes on the same way. Now that I have it, I wish that I picked one of the much darker colors like the really dark blue one that I had before, because with this one you can see the macbook's case imperfections, any dust or dirt underneath the case, and I couldn't see it with my older Speck case. I plan on getting the latest Macbook Pro in another month or 2, and I would definitely opt for this kind of cover/case protection for that on as well.

I thought the lighter color, or even the clear one would be cool looking, but I know different. Next time it will be a dark color, less see thru.
on May 9, 2017
I purchased this because the exterior of my mac book is pretty old, and since it works pretty well, I thought adding this to it might make it more visually appealing. Its perfect, although I wish it came in a lighter pink hue. This is neon-ish pink.
on November 6, 2015
This case was the only one I could find to support a used MacBook 4,1 that I picked-up for my young granddaughter. She loves the color and the fact that putting a case on her Mac makes it her own. It looks good and installed flawlessly.
on August 13, 2017
Nice enough case but did NOT fit my macbook a1181 (1st Gen.) even though the listing said it would. Easy return through amazon.