Toponeware CKBKB3 Ceramic Paring Knife, 3-Inch, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3-inch ceramic paring knife; black handle and black blade
- Stay sharper longer: Hander and shaper than steel; 2nd hardest material ranked after diamond, retains its sharpness about 10 times longer than steel
- Rust resistant: no metal, so it is resistant to acids, germs, oil and will never rust; fruits and vegetables do not turn brown while being cut
- No metallic taste or smell: Ceramic material keeps the blade from transferring odors from one food item to another; does not alter the taste of food
- Light weight: About one third lighter than steel
Customers also shopped for
Toponeware ceramic knives are made out of high quality ceramic material: zirconium oxide. The blade of ceramic knives retains its sharpness about ten times longer and is about one-third lighter than steel knives. Beside the exceptional sharpness, ceramic knives will never rust. Moreover, ceramic blade does not oxidize food; thus, fruits and vegetables do not turn brown while being cut. Ceramic material keeps the blade from transferring odors from one food item to another. Therefore, it does not alter the taste of food. It also won't give your food a metallic smell or taste like the steel knives. Ceramic knives also come with a non-stick surface, which makes it easier to clean. Note: 1) do not sharpen ceramic knives with sharpener made for steel knives (Ceramic knives can only be sharpened using a powered diamond sharpening wheel); 2) Always use wood or plastic cutting board; 3) Hand-wash only; 4) do not cut frozen food, bones, food with thick skin, coconut, or hard pastry such as bread; 5) Use your steel knives for heavy duty cutting. 6) The tip is extremely fragile. Do not drop.