Truck Reviews HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

• Customer Reviews

on February 12, 2013
I don't write reviews on Amazon, but I had to say a couple things about this product.

I am a not even 30 and started to have thinning hair in the frontal area (worse thing ever right ha ha), anyways-I have looked into rogaine and what not-but stumbled upon this product on a YouTube ad actually. It just looked like magic. I was definitely skeptical because it basically looked like a 1-3 minute process... and what do you know-it actually is that quick and simple. I received the product very fast like in 1-2 days, put on the product and was definitely content with the results. Of course you need some hair to keep the balance of the product in, but once its on it is remarkable. Looks like I have a full head of hair again! I even went to the gym that day and most of it stayed in place even with sweat. Just don't run your hands vigorously through or I assume it will come out eventually. With all the science in the world you think they would have solved the problem of hair loss... anyways for the time being, this will do. I recommend this product all the way!
on May 2, 2009
I received my Toppik product yesterday, just 4 days after I ordered it vis Amazon.com, which is very impressive considering I was having it shipped to Sydney, Australia.

The product caused much hilarity when a workmate applied it at lunchtime and suddenly my bald head began to sprout thick, natural looking hair.

I have tried sprays before and they were messy, ran and were unconvincing. Toppik is different. Today I took my time to apply the product and used the plastic insert cut out of a baseball cap to shape my front hairline. The result-fantastic. The girl at the liquor store actually engaged me in a long conversation when I fronted up with my new hair tonight. Shallow? Yes. Do I care if she's shallow? No. Toppik makes me look 10 years younger and I can't wait to test it out in social situations.

Toppik is fantastic. I'd recommend to add hairspray to seal it in though, especially if you have a short haircut and severe baldness s I do. No more 'owls eyes', I have a natural looking hairline again! Absolutely amazing!
on October 5, 2009
I've been using Toppik for a year and have had nothing but good experience with it -- it has never once rubbed off on my pillow case and even if it did, it is easily washable -- a small price to pay for not looking hair-challenged. It is very good at binding with your hair and giving it a fuller look. Try it!
on September 5, 2009
Even when using the sprayer accessory, these fibers do NOT stay where you put them. I tried using it to cover up thinning hair along my front hairline and would have dark dust on my fingers after touchng my forehead - this product makes you look like there is chimney dust falling from your hair. If it would stay in place, I think it would be a decent cover-up. The claims of it not coming off when it gets wet seem incredibly false to me - all you have to do is shake your head and they will sprinkle down onto your face. Also, it looks 'fake' when under direct light.
17 people found this helpful
on September 11, 2010
I used the black variety, a few days after I used it I noticed a strange blue-black colour in my nasal mucous . The strange colour disappeared after a week of discontinued use. The active ingredient is probably carcinogen. I reported the adverse reaction on the FDA form. I don't expect any action from the Agency as this agency is grossly inefficient and is paid off under the table. Good luck, you're on your own in this beautiful country of the U.S. of A.Toppik Hair Building Fiber Dark Brown
on June 18, 2010
The idea's great. And I still use it -- sparringly and seldom. The biggest issue is that the end result looks more like fur or fuzz rather than hair. It's pretty easy to spot by looking in the mirror -- and people around you will notice it in good or decent lighting. Perhaps it's because my hair is not just a little thin -- the thinning, especially upfront is significant.

I think if your hair is just beginning to thin, it's a good solution -- it will create a dark background for your remaining hair, and will probably be hard to detect. If your hair is significantly thin like mine, you will be disappointed with the results. Also, the fibers are so fine and light that the faintest movement of air will blow them away during application -- you need to hold the can right next to your hair to avoid that. And it doesn'e seem to "stick" to my remaining hair. It seems to fall through and stick to my scalp, probably because there are plenty of tiny vellus hairs there still. Also (and probably for the same reason), I always end up with a lot of the fibers in front of my hairline, and it just looks like dark dust. Trying to brush it off with a towel or a hand creates clumps that have to then be carefully and tediously brushed away.

I wish the fibers were a bit larger -- perhaps that would make it work better. But if I am going out at night and the lighting is poor, it works fairly well in reducing the appearance of baldness.
39 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on March 11, 2013
**WARNING** **WARNING** **WARNING** This product????? It does not deserve a "ONE"....I would definitely give it a ZERO if it was allowable!
This stuff is TERRIBLE! It does NOT thicken hair or shall I say it "does not" even give the "illusion" of thicker hair! It is a MESS and it looks powdery, not even does it
resemble natural hair fibers!
I am African American and it makes my hair look dull and just an absolute mess!
That's the best and only way to describe it...To be honest, it looks like I very finely crumbled some charcoal and put it on the thin areas! That's it! That's all it does is sit on top of your hair. Stevie Wonder could see that it looks a total mess! Take my word
for it because I give products a good chance before deciding it is not for me...
but this is just a mess! (I know I said it four times) I'm tellin ya, you would be better off using mascara or eyeliner or ANYTHING other than this stuff! You could burn some food till it sticks to the pan and crumble the burnt parts and put it in your hair and it would probably look better than this stuff! (I know I am rambling but it is unbelievable!)
I was going to try it on my husband, but I am glad I didn't! I just received it in
the mail today and I called the company to return it TODAY! Besides that, it comes in a tiny container that really looks like a sort of large "sample" size. For $21.00 each I could have invited a couple of friends and had a good time at my fav bar and would have been much happier than I am with this product! Don't say you weren't warned!
on August 22, 2013
I started using Toppik 3 years ago, I am now 23. Being so young and dealing with thinning hair has had a major impact on my self confidence, but I have been dealing with this my whole life (medical problems/over dyeing and bleaching). I think the best thing I have done for myself was to admit that a product like this would help. First time I used Toppik I was so happy (used it right when I got in my car after buying), I loved how it worked. It was my hair but with a little help. I have had sew ins, clips in, and wigs, but being able to wear my own hair with confidence changed everything. I did learn that using the setting spray is a must or just hair spray usually works for me. It has become a staple in my make up bag.
on January 5, 2013
I can't begin to sing the praises of this product enough! I've always had very thick, dark hair and so much hair, in fact, that I often had to have it "thinned out" when I went to the salon. After surviving cancer and having a hysterectomy last year, I noticed that my hair was dramatically thinning on top. Having dark, thick hair - my hair loss became so noticable, especially against my (pale) scalp. This side effect of my illness and took a devastating toll on my self esteem.

I had never heard of Toppik before but I accidentally "stumbled" upon it, as I was reading (less than positive) reviews for another, "spray" product, meant to combat the same problem. Then I went to the Toppik website and was shocked to see how many positive reviews this product had. Despite all the positive reviews, I really didn't think it would work for me as well as it had for everyone else who had posted their reviews.

Within a few days I had a small bottle of Toppik in my hand and decided to give it a try. After a few shakes of the product, I stood looking at my scalp in the mirror, in complete disbelief. It worked! In fact, I'm going to say that it worked miracles!! It made the wide, pale patches on the top of my hair completely disappear in seconds. I shook my head and the fibers didn't fly off. I ran my fingers through my hair and it didn't rub off on my fingers or fly off in the sink. The real test came when I went to bed that night with the product in my hair, and the product was still in my hair (and not on my all white bedding!) when I woke up the next morning.

This product is easy to use, can be applied in seconds and is one of the most effective products for thinning hair/hair loss I've ever used. I can now go out in public without feeling self-conscious about my hair loss. Wonderful.. and yes, life changing.
One person found this helpful
on March 19, 2011
Hi
About 2 months ago I bought the Toppik shampoo, the conditioner and the shake-on hair fibers. I am ordering more shampoo and conditioner for me and now for my daughter, who inherited my thin hair... But the really good thing is the shake-on fibers... sometimes the fibres can look a little spotty on the scalp - not sure yet why that is - some kind of electric charge maybe or perhaps too soon after washing hair? Anyway, if that happens I sprinkle another dusting on and it looks fine. I only need to do a couple of shakes a day, so I think it will last for a long time. I am careful not to touch my hair at the front or it will start to look clumpy and obvious. But it really does help a lot.