Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 21, 2012
I just assembled this and used it on my front and back porches. The blower is excellent and really pushes out a powerful wind (looked like a whirl-wind around corners) and you definitely want to use not only protective goggles but also a dust mask (I got some particles stuck in my lungs and coughed for about an hour!). It gets the job done, especially in tight spaces where leaves and debris gather.
The vacuum function is much weaker and you have to be right on top of the leaves in order for it to pick up any, and then you have to make sure it doesn't suck up anything more solid or it could damage the plastic blades. Also, sucking up leaves through the shredder creates a dust cloud even though the bag is attached (this another reason why you need to wear a mask).
When I tried to remove the attachments, it took some effort because the parts really lock on. I had to have my friend hold the base while I pulled the bag attachment off. Then, when I tried to empty the bag out, I had to shake it a few times to get out all of the mulch and there is still some caught in there. Plenty of work.
So, I definitely won't be using this TORO for vaccuming anymore. The blower is quite sufficient and the attachments slide on and off much easier. Be sure to aim it correctly, or the leaves/dust will end up right back where you started from.
Overall, I'd say the blower function alone makes this unit worth the price since my porches are now clean.
VINE VOICEon January 26, 2013
Edited and updated Nov 29, 2013: After less than 2 full falls of use, the leaf vacuum bag is falling apart. The end of the zipper has come unstitched from the bag on both sides and the mouth of the bag that attaches to the plastic inlet has come unstitched in several places. This is very disappointing quality. I've used it in what I'd rate as light to moderate home use - probably filled and emptied the bag 20-30 times each of the 2 falls I had it. I also see that Toro updates their model numbers almost yearly, making it almost impossible for new purchasers to compare whether what they are buying now will fall apart in a year. After owning a previous Toro for nearly 10 years as noted in the original review, it's sad to see the quality dropping off so fast. Original review follows.

My previous Toro blower lasted close to 10 years so I have definitely been happy with this brand and style. Through the first summer and fall of use, it seems just as good as the previous one with a few nice upgrades.
First, I like the 2 speed setting which the previous one didn't have. Honestly, I mostly use it on high speed though.
Second, the addition of the little nozzle extensions to focus and provide even more blowing power is nice.
And, the vacuum works great on reasonable size piles of leaves. (This is a home owner light duty leaf vac though, don't think you'll use this on commercial size piles.)
If there's anything I don't like, the safety cover on the fan intake is a little hard to get on right but once you see which direction it goes, it's fine. And, while I like the nozzle extenders, they're so small and removable I'me sure I'll lose them long before the blower itself wears out.
on January 27, 2014
Again the issue is price/value trade off and this is GREAT for the price. I has an older model for a few years and it finally died so I got this one. I have to say the old one had a friction post for the cord that was a nice feature...but I can adapt to wrapping the cord around the handle before plugging it. I never use the vacuum shredder. I own some rental houses and with this I need to give the renters a few bucks for electricity so I don't feel guilty...I small price to pay for a very useful, light, powerful, blower.
on November 23, 2013
My very first leaf blower! I have a giant maple tree in my backyard, and have been raking for years. I'm tired of blisters on my hands in the fall, so wanted to invest in an electric blower. I am not disappointed! Great power of in this Toro....and there are 2 levels of power. Mostly used full power (level 2) for blowing the leaves, but turned it down (level 1) to blow the leaves off of the mulch (leaving it on level 2 blew the mulch around a bit). Switching to the vacuum style is easy, and super helpful for sucking up leaves around bushes/hedges & flowers.
I will always recommend the Toro brand. I still have a Toro snow-blower from the 1970's that is still kickin' in the winter months...keeping my driveway clear (seriously folks, I'm 36 and it's older than me)!
Thanks for reading :)
on January 16, 2013
Bought the Toro last fall (2012) to replace an earlier model Toro that finally ground up a main impeller bearing after at least 10 yrs of faithful service. Tried to get a replacement part since everything else seemed to be in good condition, but Toro was not interested in that approach. This newer model seems to be a little heavier, has a longer blower spout attachment, but otherwise pretty much the same. Sucking up leaves is often a slow process because the spout clogs up regularly with twigs, but it is good for getting leaves out of spots that would require a lot of stoop work. This winter, I also tried it as a snow removal device. Works fine for dry snow up to about 3/4 inch. After that, better use the shovel. I also use it for clearing the deck, and is much faster and less work than sweeping.
on October 16, 2012
It has more power than the previous Toro blower I had. I like the fact that it has 2 speeds, and the way the power cord connects to the extension cord. To keep the cords from coming apart, I accidentally discovered that if you throw the loop formed in joining the cords together, over the rear handle, it doesn't pull apart.
on October 2, 2013
This is a replacement for my Toro that I have used for over 20 years. It finally made a puff of smoke and died so I bought another one. I hope it's as good but only time will tell. I don't really see any difference except it seems to have a little more wind speed...I only use it for blowing grass cuttings, leaves, etc. Only had it for short time and so far so good. Very happy with it. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good blower. The shredder-vac part of it, I've never used so I can't provide any information about it...
on May 28, 2013
Never had a blower vacuum before. Pretty easys to use. Tried the vacuum feature and am not so sure about that. Seems like it would be better if the vacuum worked just like the blower did, but as it is you pretty much have to have a pile already made up to use the vacuum. Just seems like a little more work then it worth. I could be using it wrong also though. It is light and easy to handle and really does have alot of power though.
on December 20, 2012
This is the second Toro blower I have used. Both were this same model. I have a one half acre lawn, with seven pine trees which shed pine straw 6 months of the year. It's a big job to clean it, but the Toro blower works well. I like the high power and wind speed. It is also easier to maintain than a gas-type blower, and a lot lighter. I also have a Craftsman (Sears) blower with the same wind speed, but it is a lot heavier than the Toro.
on October 17, 2016
I have upgraded to a husqvarna backpack blower but this electric blower worked great. I still have it but just don't use it as often.