|Item Weight||13 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||8.5 x 21.7 x 15.9 inches|
|Item model number||22CV100U|
|Color Name||Black Gloss|
Toshiba 22CV100U 22-Inch 720p LCD/DVD Combo TV (Black Gloss)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 21.6-inch LCD HDTV with 720p HD resolution with integrated slot-loading DVD player on the side--plays standard DVD and CD discs plus DVD-R/RW
- DynaLight backlight control adjusts for deeper black levels for higher dynamic contrast and more realistic picture
- Photo Frame capability for showing off your digital photo slideshows; USB connection for playing MP3 digital audio
- Inputs: 2 HDMI, 1 component, 1 composite, 1 PC, 1 USB, 1 optical digital audio output, 1 headphone jack
- Includes removable stand; measures 21.74 x 17.54 x 8.46 inches with stand
Customers also shopped for
22 inch LCD/DVD Combo TV
Attractively designed and offering 720p high-definition viewing, the feature-packed, affordable 22-inch Toshiba 22CV100U LCD HDTV (21.6-inch diagonal screen size) is an all-in-one entertainment package that's great for any room in your house thanks to its integrated, side-loading standard DVD player.
The Toshiba 22CV100U with slot-loading DVD player on the left side (see larger image).
Boasting a slimming tapered bezel and attractive front panel gradation, the new Horizon design creates a more modern, elegant appearance that also matches Toshiba's black glossy Horizon-designed laptops. Other features include MP3 playback via the integrated USB port, a PC input, and a removable stand.
- 720p HD resolution (1366 x 768 pixels)
- 60Hz screen refresh rate
- CineSpeed LCD panel with a fast response speed necessary for cleaner high-action home theater images. A wide viewing angle ensures that you'll have the best seat in the house.
- Integrated slot-loading DVD player on the side (compatible with standard DVD discs as well as content burned onto DVD-R/RW, Audio CD, CD-R/RW, and VCD media--including both MP3 and WMA digital audio files)
- DVD playback controls include digital picture zoom, fast scan, slow motion, and multi-camera angle selection.
- DynaLight Backlight Control utilizes advanced image processing to monitor the brightness of each video frame, and adjust the backlight intensity accordingly. This precision creates seamless transitions with deep blacks for increased detail and depth analysis.
- Photo Frame capability allows this HDTV to act as both a TV and a digital photo frame. You can showcase your favorite memories as a clear, crisp slide show on the high-resolution television screen--all controlled with just the TV remote.
- Gaming Mode takes the gaming experience to a new level by reducing game control delay, thus giving the player improved reaction time and a more realistic playing experience. This is great when used with popular gaming consoles, or with PC games using the TVs PC Input.
- Built-in ATSC/NTSC/QAM digital tuning allows for tuning of standard cable channels as well as off-air digital broadcasts, in addition to digital "cable-in-the-clear" broadcasts.
- Native Mode restores the size of the picture by the 3-5 percent that is generally lost during the normal over-scanning that occurs on traditional sets.
The CV100U Series features a 720p HD resolution, stylish Horizon bezel design, and invisible bottom-mounted speakers (see larger image).
- Cinema Mode 24 fps (3:2 Pulldown): This HDTV performs 3:2 pulldown detection and reversal, too--a handy feature for watching progressive-scan movie programs in their native 24-frame format. To adapt 24 frames-per-second movies to 30 fps video, frames in the original movie must be duplicated; 3:2 pulldown digitally corrects this duplication by removing the redundant information to display a frame-accurate picture.
- Color Temperature Control enables you to adjust white balance to achieve the best television picture possible in any viewing environment, or simply adjust the picture to suit your personal tastes. The "Warm" setting delivers a redder image that is ideal for display in a dimly lit room, while "Medium" and "Cool" provide a progressively bluer image for the best picture as room light levels are increased.
- Three TheaterWide modes are ideal for displaying HDTV signals as well as enhanced for widescreen television DVDs.
- TheaterWide 1: Letterboxed image is digitally expanded 33 percent horizontally and vertically. Useful for reproducing Academy Standard (1.85:1) formatted software.
- TheaterWide 2: Letterboxed image is expanded 33 percent horizontally and 42 percent vertically. Particularly of use when viewing narrow letterboxed images originally filmed in Panavision or CinemaScope.
- TheaterWide 3: Letterboxed image is expanded 33 percent horizontally and 24 percent vertically. Can be utilized when displaying letterboxed images that incorporate narrow bands at the top and bottom of the picture.
- MP3 audio and JPEG image playback via USB port on the side.
- REGZA-LINK (HDMI-CEC) allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by the remote control.
- Bottom-mounted invisible speakers integrated into stylish Horizon bezel design (6 Watts total power; 3W + 3W).
- Channel Browser allows you to easily scan through the last 32 channels you have viewed, with screen images for the last five channels displayed, by channel, by favorites, and by input, at the touch of a button.
- Channel Labeling allows you to put station call letters on the screen along with the station numbers, so you always know what channel you're watching
- Input labeling enables you to name the individual inputs to denote usage, such as "DVD Player" (instead of having them display as just "HDMI 1" and "HDMI 2").
- Removable stand for wall mounting (100mm x 100mm VESA mounting pattern)
- Tri-lingual onscreen menu (English, French, Spanish)
- Energy Star qualified
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor
The CV100U's jack pack.
What's in the BoxCV100U Series HDTV, remote control (with batteries), removable stand, printed owner's manual
Toshiba 2010 REGZA HDTV Comparison
|Series:||C100U LCD||CV100U LCD||E200U LCD||G300U LCD||UX600U LED|
|Models:|| 19C100U 19" |
| 19CV100U 19" |
| 32E200U 32" |
| 40G300U 40" |
| 40UX600U 40" |
|Resolution|| 720p ||720p||1080p Full HD||1080p Full HD||1080p Full HD|
| PixelPure 5G |
| Resolution+ |
| AutoView |
ambient light sensor
|HDMI input||2 (1 on side)||2 (1 on side)||4 (1 on side)||4 (1 on side)||4 (2 on side)|
| HDMI InstaPort |
| Component input |
(Y, PB, PR)
|SD Card slot||--||--||--||--|
|Network capability||--||--||--||Ethernet||Ethernet + Wi-Fi|
| MP3 and JPEG |
|Integrated DVD Player||--||--||--||--|
|Energy Star||19" and 22" models||19" and 22" models||--||--|
| With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
|This Product Is ENERGY STAR® Qualified|
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy--plus they help us all save money while making a difference. Find out more about ENERGY STAR.
Top customer reviews
The TV continued to work great for a little over a year. Then, quite suddenly, the picture quit working. Actually, I take that back. Upon powering up the unit the picture would flash for a half second, then disappear. The sound and tuner worked, and if you turned off all the lights in the room and viewed the LCD screen from very close distance you could see images moving on the screen.
After a bit of research on the Internet I discovered that my problem was not unusual with LCD TVs that used cheap components -- specifically, the inverter board that drives the LCD backlight had gone out. Try googling "LCD inverter board problem" and you will see what I mean.
Unfortunately, the TV I'd purchased was a few months out of warranty, and repairs would cost almost as much as the TV itself. So, basically, I bought a disposable TV which is now headed to an e-recycling center. What a total waste.
I've NEVER had a TV last such a short period of time, and though I have stood by Toshiba sets in the past, I'll be replacing this model with another make and model.
As noted in other reviews the DVD does make some 'noise' when the TV first starts up - I'm guessing its just going thru its start up sequence and checking to see if a disc is loaded.
NOTE: This TV was bought as a Christmas gift - when first used, the DVD player would not work but thanks to Amazon's great replacement policy, a new TV was shipped and deliverd by the 29th (not bad considering there was a blizzard on the 27th).