Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toshiba 32C110U 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV, Black (2011 Model)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on May 15, 2011
Purchased this TV from a big box store nearby after deciding it would be quicker than waiting for a Samsung from Amazon. The TV is for my daughters bedroom. The picture is fine - we have it hooked up to U-Verse via HDMI. But the sound is awful. It's bad enough that I'm debating returning it just for that. It's like it only has tweeters - no midrange or woofers. You have to turn it up really loud to understand dialogue. Because of its use in a bedroom the sound really isn't that critical. I'll give my daughter a week to adjust to the sound. If she's still not happy I'll take it back. It's sad that the Emprex TV it's replacing sounded so much better. Five stars for value, 4 stars for picture, 1 star for sound.
on September 18, 2011
We bought this TV for a steal when it was on sale. Unfortunately, we had no idea how bad the sound actually was until we turned it on and heard it. The other reviews warned us, but we thought that if it were an issue, we could simply attach a set of speakers and be OK. We were WRONG.

The sound quality of the TV speakers are terrible. It really does sound like you're listening to a laptop computer. Everything is tinny. We tried to go around that by hooking up a set of 2.1 speakers we had lying around, except that this TV only has one audio out port and it is for digital optical audio (Toslink) cables. I had no idea what those were until I did more research online. As it turns out, its an audio cable format that is really only used by audio receivers and other high end audio equipment. So if you don't have an expensive audio receiver and surround sound set, you won't have any GOOD way of connecting external speakers.

Not wanting to return the TV, we cobbled together the next best solution. We bought a Toslink (digital optical audio) cable from Amazon as well as a Toslink to Analog RCA converter box. We then ran the Toslink cable out from the TV into the converter box, then a set of RCA cables into our 2.1 speaker system. The end result is that we have great sound quality, but it comes at a bizarre cost. We have not been able to control the volume through the remote control. I have no idea why, but the audio out doesn't seem to be volume controlled by the TV. Thus, we have to use the little dial on the speaker set to adjust the volume. It's annoying for sure, but not the end of the world.

So, if you don't have an audio receiver, I would avoid this TV. You'll hate the sound.
on March 22, 2012
This Tv functions well, but the sound is poor. There are time I find myself having to increase the volume to the loudest. The picture is good but that sound, I mean poor!! I am quite disappointed with the sound, I would not by another Toshiba.
on October 21, 2013
We purchased this tv for back-up viewing and for my exercise videos. The picture is good enough. The sound is not great but that is true of all these new thin screen televisions. I am very unhappy that the set now will not turn on, period. Will take it to repair shop today. If they can fix the power supply with a kit then the cost might be around $75 and possible makes sense to repair. If it needs a new power supply, the cost will be about $125 and not worth it to repair. I would not buy Toshiba again.
on October 17, 2012
Picture is good, sound ok if against wall otherwise sound is faint. BUT HOW DO I GET RID OF THE BLACK BOX THAT APPEARS when the tv is on for a long time and idle, you have to turn the TV off and back on to make it disappear. No info on web site
on November 9, 2011
The shipment price and condition on arrival were fine. The product is only fair. I bought a 32 inch smsung a week before I bought this Toshiba and the samsung is a much better tv far better picture and sound. I will and would recommend any furture purchases of TV be Samsung.

Frank Hayward