Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on August 7, 2014
Great television for the money. It may not be smart and it may only have 2 HDMI ports, but the value is ridiculous. No sound bar necessary either as the volume on this is much better than my other HDTVs. I have 4 TVs by 3 different manufacturers and this is by far my favorite. Only gave 4 stars as it would be nice to have an additional HDMI port for iMac connection.
51 helpful votes
52 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse
on April 21, 2014
First I'm not a techie, don't use tvs that much, don't even use a DVD player, just needed a basic tv. I don't have cable, use Roku to watch programs. This tv was for the exercise room. The tv arrived, I assembled and placed it in 5 minutes, took another 30 seconds to hook up Roku and was watching. Simple, easy, my kind of electronic. My old tv had a volume limit that often couldn't be heard over active exercise equipment. The sound on this tv is a huge improvement; at half volume it can easily be heard over the equipment. It was a good price, got it within 2 days. I'm totally happy with it.
136 helpful votes
137 helpful votes
77 comments|Report abuse
on November 13, 2014
at the price i got it for it was on sale. i was in need of a new tv to replace the old fashioned sharp i had back from 1997 (still ran like new after 17 years, but imagine the picture i dealt with for so long). i wasnt planning on spending much, nor willing to spend so little and began to browse and compare. i decided to give this tv a try and if it flawed me, that was my fault for buying something so inexpensive. for the size and its price it was a steal and not only that, it was on sale so it was on my hit list for a purchase. setup and other things were quick and easy. if youre looking not to spend much but you want a good tv, toshiba is the way to go. its simple and basic so the extra features youre looking for in most tvs, dont even expect it from this. if youre looking for basic and regular display for watching and playing video games, this is your ideal tv for sure. definitely recommended to anyone looking for a bargain.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on April 7, 2017
we bought this tv in august of 2014. it worked great until end of march 2017. now, when it's been on for a period of time, the screen will black out for an instant then return. the longer the tv is on, the more frequent the flashed occur. it's very annoying. we'll never by a similar tv from toshiba again. we bought a SquareTrade warranty when we bought the tv. so far ST has put us off and is refusing to help fix the tv.

i realize we only paid $494 for the tv, but it didn't even last three years. we'll buy something, anything else now
2 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on September 18, 2014
Well, I love the Toshiba Television, but I must agree that the color is a little off, depending on the source! I wasn't concerned about it not being a Smart TV because I use a Wifi BluRay 3D Disc player that has all of the same apps, which would be redundant, and although I was disappointed to discover the USB only allows Music and Photos but not Videos, again I'm covered because the DVD Player has a USB port on the front of it, and it's really easier to get to anyway.

There was a hole in the outer box and inner box and I hoped it wouldn't be on the Screen side of the television but it was, however I got lucky and there was not even the slightest mark on the screen. Perhaps an additional sheet of cardboard might help prevent damage to the screen, but it's fine so I'm not complaining. Amazon would send a pickup tag and a new one out so fast it would make your head spin if it was damaged, because they're the best and they've always taken care of me, and I'll add a note about that at the end of this review because they helped me out on this purchase.

Setup is a breeze and I have it mounted over my computer desk and I use an HDMI cable to watch things I'd sometimes watch on my 18.4" desktop replacement laptop in my bedroom, if I didn't wish to cast it to my bigger Sony Smart TV in the living room via the multiple options I have to do that, and man is the picture bright and detailed when using the HDMI input. It puts my computer monitor to shame! I'd done my research and my TV was $309 and shipped promptly after a call to customer service, and to Puerto Rico no less, so I pretty much knew everything except the part about the USB's restrictions and limitations, and there wasn't a better deal as budget was a factor.

This is an energy star rated electronic device and I can attest to how little power it requires after having a power outage during a storm recently, because I have an APC battery backup surge protector and it switched over to battery power and although the lights went out, I was able to continue watching TV via HDMI and be online for 40 minutes until the power was restored as my modem, computer, which I switched to economy mode to save on the computer's own battery, and the Television were all plugged into the APC which was still showing 38 minutes of battery reserve.

I don't rate anything lower if it clearly states the specs in the description, because I can read and I know what I'm getting, and to complain about something you consider a shortcoming if you've bought it knowing what it can and can't do, is just wrong! Some people just like to complain I guess, but for the money, this is a great television and I couldn't be happier!

Now, regarding Amazon's assistance: When I ordered this Amazon was out of stock and they were using a third party seller and showing Fulfilled by Amazon, and even though that seller was showing they had plenty in stock, their inventory was incorrect and days later it still hadn't shipped, however Amazon had restocked. The third party seller was no longer fulfilling these orders for Amazon and I noticed they were no longer offering Prime and their price had changed, and Amazon had gone up on the price too, but with one quick phone call that was all quickly resolved. Amazon canceled the order from the seller that wasn't going to ship for days and then I put theirs in my cart so the very helpful and cordial customer service representative could adjust the price to what I had originally paid, and I completed the check out process. Amazon shipped my Television out that day and UPS showed up with it 2 days later, and I live in Puerto Rico! Bravo Amazon and Thank You Again!
2 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on March 5, 2017
I bought the tv in 2014 and was very happy because it was my first flat screen. My previous TV was 16 yrs old and still worked but I wanted an update...Now 3 years later this TV won't turn on... I bought a new remote and that isn't the problem ! Televisions should last longer than 3 years !!
on May 27, 2015
Okay, I waited a long while before writing this because I wanted to take the time to get a real idea about how I feel about this TV. I can say with confidence that I am absolutely thrilled that I chose this TV. First off, I chose this set specifically because I had read that it had very low input latency. Input latency is important if you plan to play video games, and the lower the better. While this may not have the lowest latency of any available unit out there, it is low, very low, and in my opinion, undetectable. This is such a major factor for me when buying televisions, so take it from me, in you're a gamer, or care about having a low latency set, this is a great choice.

Furthermore, the picture is great. I spent a decent amount of time adjusting all my settings (brightness, sharpness, contract, tint, etc) as you should do on any set, and honestly, the picture looks great. Even the audio is solid, and that really took me by surprise. I mean, if we're being totally honest, HDTVs are notorious for having terrible sound because there really isn't a lot of room for speakers in there, so any HDTV deserves a separate audio system. But in the time I've had this TV, I still haven't bought any external speakers. Not because the sound is AMAZING, but its definitely adequate, and honestly, I think that's saying a lot.

Long story short, this is a great television, and I am super happy that I chose this particular set.
on January 11, 2015
I bought this for my parents for Christmas. Their two TVs were 19" tube TVs from the early 90s. When I brought this in and set it up for them, they were ecstatic. They could get all of their basic channels (and the digital versions) in HD without having to have a DVR/Set-Top Box from Time Warner. I plugged in an Amazon Fire TV stick and set my parents up with Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime and my mom ended up calling me saying she's been watching everything she can. Before this she only watched PBS for maybe a few hours a week.

A month later, my dad called to tell me that their other tube TV "broke" and he needed me to order another one of these exact TVs for them. So count this as two 5-star reviews for this TV.
on October 10, 2014
I just wanted a fairly/relatively cheap TV with a decent picture. I've had it for a few weeks now, and so far so good! I still need to mount it, but in the meantime the stand is working perfectly. The sound is actually much better than I thought it would be, based on the other reviews.
20 helpful votes
21 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse
on November 11, 2014
Great TV for the price. Have had it only a few days but it works well and has a clear picture. For the money, unbeatable. I will say I had to go out and buy a new DVD player because my ancient one didn't have the right cable/wasn't compatible. But otherwise, a good buy. Highly recommended.
4 helpful votes