Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toshiba 40FT2U 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

on January 11, 2012
I purchased this tv from Walmart for about $59.00 cheaper (plus tax). Picture is awesome. I purchased it for my bedroom. It basically has none of the extra bells and whistles, just 2 HDMI plugs on the back. The sound is also very basic (it sounds kind of like the sound coming out of a good clock radio) but if you want to upgrade the sound, that's what all of the jacks in the back are for. Like I said, it is just for my bedroom and for that, the sound is fine. If you are just looking for a basic tv for your bedroom with an excellent vibrant picture at a very good price, this is the one for you. We love it!
on March 11, 2012
In the price range it is an excellent TV in all respects.Already we have the same Toshiba TV we have in our home.Only one flaw I found that the option of the "Color sream HD" was missing in this TV !I found out the modelNo.was 40FT2U1 and not 40FT2U.Such trick has been played by the supplier to keep buyer ignorant of that fact.Perhapes Amazon themselves may not be knowing and they must know this.
However for my purposwe the TV and its low price were good enough.Toshiba 40FT2U 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV
on April 17, 2012
I purchased this TV on Jan 27 and less than 70 days later the mainboard had failed. It has been over 2 weeks since I contacted Toshiba and the part is still on back order with no eta of when it will be available. What's more, Toshiba's customer service is horrible - they told me that they won't even address "other options" until the part has been backordered for 20 BUSINESS days (meaning closer to a month). When I asked to be escalated, the support rep named Chris told me that he "had addressed" my question and hung up on me.

I know this is a lower end TV, but I'm just starting out and this was a big purchase for me. I can assure you I'll steer clear of all Toshiba products going forward.
on April 28, 2012
40FT2U product looked nice in the box and had a nice picture for a short time. The display control board failed after two weeks. It is well known to customer support agents and 3rd party repair that these Toshiba HDTVs have a defective display board with an extremely high failure rate. Customer support is in the Philipines and transfers case to third party repair and will not help in any other way. Repair can't be made without part whose arrival moves out 2-4 weeks with every call. Headed to 60 days now with no part or repair. This long back order for this Toshiba HDTV component speaks for itself--high demand or they don't know to make a good one.
on April 15, 2014
This tv arrived with multiple complications. i reported it right away in email……. We got it to work eventually. It worked for a few days as i reported in a favorable email. But soon after, It demonstrated other issues with power source turning off and on.

At times black out of both audio and video was experienced.

This tv has been the source of much unhappy moments in the household. I regret using Amazon as a method of purchasing this Item.

I thought i would have been protected against faulty products such as this. In this day and time funds are difficult to come by
i feel railroaded and abused.

This tv now sits in a corner worthy of the trash can in addition to frustrated owners... All it presently does is turn on at best and that is randomly, when it do comes on it shows nothing… No sound no audio.

Again as stated earlier, i have reached out to this company with my comments regarding product when it worked and i have also criticize the company when it became more than obvious that the product was clearly defective and proving very problematic.

I would like to say to anyone thinking of purchasing a tv from this company to be very careful. Tread cautiously for you might find out like i did you will get swing with a defected product like it did.

Not to add insult to injury, this Tv was purchase as a gift and sent to the Caribbean. It is rather embarrassing to the me knowing the family receiving the tv as a gift never got to enjoy use of the TV. Not to mentioned the shipping and customs import payed just
to import.

In addition i had no 2nd option because the Tv cannot be shipped back to the United States to sellers.

The company selling this product via Amazon should be held accountable for selling such a defective productive .

I would like to warn anyone thinking of purchasing a tv from this company to be very careful. Tread cautiously for you might find out like i did you will get swing with a defected product like I did and find yourself out of hundreds of dollars.

I sincerely hope the sellers of this defective product and Amazon would come together in goos faith and agree send a new tv as replacement,

This case is one that totally fits a fair resolution to this ordeal.

Amazon Customer.
on September 21, 2014
I'm thinking of getting a Roku-2 for my Toshiba so I can stream Amazon Prime from my iphone to TV. I've had it 2 to 2-1/2 yrs and like it well enough to throw my review in since seeing the numerous terrible ones. I do have to say that I experienced a little of the tv turning itself off in the first 6mo or so but kinda think it was my setup...might have even been when I was only watching DVD's and non-cable tv. I got AT&T U-Verse about a year ago and have loved watching that on it. The only complaint that comes to mind for me is the picture sizing. On the Toshiba remote none of the 4 sizes available are just right for capturing the whole picture on screen well. IE: the picture is either oversized for screen [it cuts off some of the writing when I choose a frame that has title across it] or it's too small a square picture on a horizontal screen.
It has 2 HDMI and 1 USB so believe the Roku 2 streaming stick will work
on June 14, 2015
I bought this TV back in 2011 so I figured I can now give my input. It has an okay picture, wouldn't say it's top of the line, but for the price(especially now-a-days), it's fine and if you use HDMI cables, it's crystal clear. Now for the audio, I hate it. It gets "loud", but if you like to listen to music from Iheartradio or anything else like that, it sucks. If you're looking for a fast TV to keep up with sports, keep looking. I watch a hockey game here and there and football practically all season and it's suitable for that. What would I refer it to someone for? For someone to have it as a bedroom TV, rather than a living room TV.
on December 28, 2014
I bought it last November (2013) from Best Buy for just $150, but with no stand. It was a showroom model, so I figured that it should be ok if the tv still working after who knows how many month in display. Beside, I bought the 5 years warranty just in case. You basically get a similar tv is something goes wrong. Well, still working fine after 13 month. For the price the picture is awesome. Of course, a high end tv will have a better picture.
The only cons are the sound and the limited amount of outputs and inputs in the back of the tv, specially for sound.
on July 23, 2015
Absolutely no problems with this unit. I purchased a newer 4k unit from Samsung and than tried lg both were far worse than the picture on this tv. I've had it for 3 years now and havnt had a single problem. Toshiba is going to keep my business
on November 22, 2012
JUNK, JUNK, JUNK! LIKE THE MAJORITY OF THE REVIEWS YOU WILL FIND ON THIS PRODUCT! T.V. PICTURE WENT OUT WITHIN TWO MONTHS OF PURCHASE DUE TO KNOWN DEFECT OF THE MAIN BOARD AND CUSTOMER SERVICE HORRID! WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TOSHIBA PRODUCT AGAIN, EVER!

See 1 answered question