The Toshiba 46G300U 46" LCD HDTV G300 Series is perfect for sports enthusiasts and action movie fans alike. The 46G300U ClearFrame 120Hz doubles the video frames from 60 per second to 120 per second, to virtually eliminate motion blur. Whether watching a football player angling toward the end zone, or eagerly following a high speed movie chase, the The Toshiba 46G300U provides crisp and clear picture quality.
Enjoy a stunning picture bursting with color and clarity with the 46-inch Toshiba 46G300U LCD HDTV (46-inch diagonal screen size), featuring a 1080p Full HD resolution that provides twice the pixel resolution of 720p HD models. It also boasts Toshiba's ClearFrame 120Hz feature, which doubles the video frames from 60 per second to 120 per second to virtually eliminate motion blur--making this a perfect set for watching fast action movies and sports.
Toshiba's G300U Series HDTV with 1080p high-def resolution and 120Hz ClearFrame capability for eliminating motion blur (see larger image).
The attractive front panel gradation of Toshiba's Horizon design (see larger image).
ClearFrame 120 doubles the frame rate of standard LCD TV, providing crisp and clear imagery regardless of image motion.
It provides a number of convenient home entertainment options and key picture quality features, including DynaLight dynamic backlight control for deeper black levels and four HDMI digital inputs for simple high quality connection to cable/satellite boxes, DVD players and more. Plus, the HDMI ports feature fast InstaPort switching for quick changes from one source to another.
With the Gaming Mode function, you'll experience reduced game control delay and improved reaction time--perfect for PC gaming--and the Photo Frame capability with Auto Slide Show enables you to display slideshows of your favorite images when not watching TV programming.
Boasting a slimming tapered bezel and attractive front panel gradation, the new Horizon design creates a more modern, elegant appearance that also adds a subtle luminance to the logo to further its stylish appeal. Other features include MP3 playback via the integrated USB port, a PC input, and a removable stand.
- 1080p HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- ClearFrame 120Hz screen refresh rate virtually eliminates motion blur, making this HDTV a great choice for fast action movies and sports. Toshiba's ClearFrame 120Hz system doubles the frame rate of an LCD TV from 60 frames per second to 120 frames per second using superior Motion Vector Frame Interpolation technology.
- DynaLight Backlight Control utilizes advanced image processing to monitor the brightness of each video frame, and adjust the backlight intensity accordingly. This precision creates seamless transitions with deep blacks for increased detail and depth analysis.
- Photo Frame capability allows this HDTV to act as both a TV and a digital photo frame. You can showcase your favorite memories as a clear, crisp slide show on the high-resolution television screen--all controlled with just the TV remote.
- Gaming Mode takes the gaming experience to a new level by reducing game control delay, thus giving the player improved reaction time and a more realistic playing experience. This is great when used with popular gaming consoles, or with PC games using the TVs PC Input.
- Built-in ATSC/NTSC/QAM digital tuning allows for tuning of standard cable channels as well as off-air digital broadcasts, in addition to digital "cable-in-the-clear" broadcasts.
- Native Mode restores the size of the picture by the 3-5 percent that is generally lost during the normal over-scanning that occurs on traditional sets.
- Cinema Mode 24 fps (3:2 Pulldown): This HDTV performs 3:2 pulldown detection and reversal, too--a handy feature for watching progressive-scan movie programs in their native 24-frame format. To adapt 24 frames-per-second movies to 30 fps video, frames in the original movie must be duplicated; 3:2 pulldown digitally corrects this duplication by removing the redundant information to display a frame-accurate picture.
- Color Temperature Control enables you to adjust white balance to achieve the best television picture possible in any viewing environment, or simply adjust the picture to suit your personal tastes. The "Warm" setting delivers a redder image that is ideal for display in a dimly lit room, while "Medium" and "Cool" provide a progressively bluer image for the best picture as room light levels are increased.
- Three TheaterWide modes are ideal for displaying HDTV signals as well as enhanced for widescreen television DVDs.
- TheaterWide 1: Letterboxed image is digitally expanded 33 percent horizontally and vertically. Useful for reproducing Academy Standard (1.85:1) formatted software.
- TheaterWide 2: Letterboxed image is expanded 33 percent horizontally and 42 percent vertically. Particularly of use when viewing narrow letterboxed images originally filmed in Panavision or CinemaScope.
- TheaterWide 3: Letterboxed image is expanded 33 percent horizontally and 24 percent vertically. Can be utilized when displaying letterboxed images that incorporate narrow bands at the top and bottom of the picture.
- MP3 audio and JPEG image playback via USB port on the side.
- REGZA-LINK (HDMI-CEC) allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by the remote control.
- InstaPort fast HDMI switching between A/V components: Typically, when you switch HDMI inputs, there can be a five or six second delay. With InstaPort, as soon as you select an HDMI source, it will connect in a fraction of the time.
- Ethernet port for connecting to wired home network.
- Bottom-mounted invisible speakers integrated into stylish Horizon bezel design (20 Watts total power; 10W + 10W).
- Channel Browser allows you to easily scan through the last 32 channels you have viewed, with screen images for the last five channels displayed, by channel, by favorites, and by input, at the touch of a button.
- Channel Labeling allows you to put station call letters on the screen along with the station numbers, so you always know what channel you're watching
- Input labeling enables you to name the individual inputs to denote usage, such as "DVD Player" (instead of having them display as just "HDMI 1" and "HDMI 2").
- Removable stand for wall mounting (200mm x 200mm VESA mounting pattern)
- Tri-lingual onscreen menu (English, French, Spanish)
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor
The G300U's jack pack (also see a schematic image of side ports and controls).
- HDMI: 4 (HDMI-CEC) with 1 port on the side
- Component: 1
- Composite A/V: 2 (1 on the side)
- RF (antenna): 1
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1 (with 3.5mm jack audio input)
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
- Analog audio input: 3 pair (for each component and composite video input)
- Ethernet networking: 1
- USB: 1 (side)
- TV with stand: 44.28 x 30.18 x 13.65 inches (WxHxD); 46.3 pounds
- TV without stand: 44.28 x 28.10 x 3.52 inches (WxHxD); 44.2 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box G300U Series HDTV, remote control (with batteries), removable stand, printed owner's manual
Toshiba 2010 REGZA HDTV Comparison
| Series: || C100U LCD || CV100U LCD || E200U LCD || G300U LCD || UX600U LED |
| Models: || 19C100U 19" |
| 19CV100U 19" |
| 32E200U 32" |
| 40G300U 40" |
| 40UX600U 40" |
| Resolution || 720p |
| 720p || 1080p Full HD || 1080p Full HD || 1080p Full HD |
| LED backlighting || -- || -- || -- || -- || |
| PixelPure 5G |
| -- || -- || -- || -- || |
| Resolution+ |
| -- || -- || -- || -- || |
| AutoView |
ambient light sensor
| -- || -- || -- || -- || |
| 120Hz ClearFrame || -- || -- || -- || || |
| HDMI input || 2 (1 on side) || 2 (1 on side) || 4 (1 on side) || 4 (1 on side) || 4 (2 on side) |
| HDMI InstaPort |
| -- || -- || || || |
| Component input |
(Y, PB, PR)
| 1 || 1 || 1 || 1 || 1 |
| Composite input || 1 || 1 || 2 || 2 || 1 |
| PC input || || || || || |
| USB || 1 || 1 || 1 || 1 || 2 |
| SD Card slot || -- || -- || -- || -- || |
| Network capability || -- || -- || -- || Ethernet || Ethernet + Wi-Fi |
| MP3 and JPEG |
| || || || || |
| Integrated DVD Player || -- || || -- || -- || -- |
| Energy Star || 19" and 22" models || 19" and 22" models || -- || -- || |
| With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5