Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on October 22, 2013
I purchased this unit new and have had nothing but problems with it. What kinds of problems, you ask?....what hasn't gone wrong with this unit. The remote doesn't work very well and is not responsive. The DVD player locks up and nothing will work short of simply unplugging it and plugging it back in. When connecting to NetFlix, it often will freeze up and you have to back out of the application completely and go back into it. It takes forever to connect to NetFlix and freezes or just simply never connects. (I know it can work better because my Roku and PS3 work flawlessly with NetFlix)

When you press the "eject" button, it will not eject until you push it about five times, and is the same when you load a disc/DVD.

I have tried updating the firmware, the software and nothing seems to help it work better or normal. Six months later and I continue to have problems with about every function it does (playing DVD's, accessing internet movie services like NetFlix, basic DVD player functions etc.)

I have never purchased an electronic device with this many problems in so many areas. I was travelling a lot when I received it so I overlooked sending it back when I had the chance. Never again will I buy a Toshiba product in this category. The quality level is so poor I could never justify going through this experience again.
on December 19, 2012
I bought this DVD player at the end of the summer. I was very excited to start using this DVD player since it had all of the features I was looking for at a reasonable price.

Initially I had no issues with the player. Unfortunately, within just a few weeks, I was unable to watch DVDs or stream Netflix & YouTube. "Detecting Signal" kept flashing on the TV. The DVDs I was playing are scratch-free and work without issue on other DVD players. Also, the DVD player receives a strong signal from the wireless router in my house.

I contacted Toshiba. They had no ideas on how to troubleshoot the issue and directed me to their warranty website. I completed the instructions and was offered a voucher that I could use at the Toshiba Direct website. When I logged into the Toshiba Direct website, there was only one option for a replacement DVD player. The cost listed on the website was covered by the voucher, if I didn't have to pay tax or shipping. So I ended up having to pay $12 to return the bad DVD player and an additional $16 to get a replacement. Not cool Toshiba! You should cover the cost to return your defective merchandise and make me whole by covering the total cost of replacing it. I don't think that's too much to ask.
on May 20, 2013
have only used this unit 3 times. got struck in step twice and had to unplug it so it could gather its mind. while stuck it would not respond to any prompt from the remote. after plugging back in the unit worked ok. now today 5/20/2013 I tried the steps to obtain answers form the help line for toshbia. NO HELP. then I got no line to file a claim for replacement but there again none available but a gift card for the amount I paid good only at toshbia direct.com. I am sure the state of wv consumer affairs will not take kindly to this example of a one year warranty. there is still hope that amazon will back this issue up they have in the past. don't get hooked by low price buy an upgrade, and you will be ahead of the game. disappointed with toshbia.
on November 22, 2016
I really like the Toshiba BDX3300 1080p Blu-Ray Disc Player with WiFi since it plays any blue ray disc in crystal clear high definition. Also I can watch Netflix and Youtube using the WiFi connection. I would recommend this item to anyone who needs it.
on April 29, 2013
Toshiba BDX3300 1080p Blu-Ray Disc Player is a basic compact player good enough for a small family room. Easy to connect to your hd tv or to your stereo system. It only has one HDMI port and no RCA ports, so the choices are limited. The on-screen navigation was easy to follow to set to my viewing preferences after connecting to a Toshiba lcd tv (the cable is not included) I trust Toshiba products and my hope is my investment will give me years of enjoyment!
on October 25, 2012
The reason why I have titled this review as "advanced" is because it is one of the few players that have WiFi with dual band to stream video better at 5GHz. Other than that the interface is user-friendly and it is worth the money.
on November 2, 2016
I am not sure this was my best overall choice for my system didn't adjust well!
on June 19, 2012
I bought this player because I got tired of software solutions disappointing me on my HTPC. They had HDCP compliance issues.

This one was chosen because it supported all the HD audio formats/ good price/ and slim format. That was important because my Yamaha receiver supported these formats and I had limited space.

After tweaking the audio settings to HDMI/Bitstreaming and video to 1080p/24, I was rocking full HD audio and video to my 70" LC70LE732U.

Happy to be the first review. I Will be glad to see what others think of this player.

Edit:
The built-in wifi setup was a breeze and a major plus.
on May 10, 2013
I was a bit leary about purchasing this as ~used~ What shipped was the Blu Ray Players original box damaged which worked perfectly. It didn't come with a manual but when you plug in the product into Google search you can find the manual and everything else needed.
on August 9, 2012
Just received my unit. Followed the instructions for connecting it and turned it on. There was absolutely no Audio output for either a BR disc or any of the on-line streaming options. Toshiba support was a total waste of time. Fortunately Amazon is allowing me to return this product for a refund.