Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on September 26, 2011
great deal, much cheaper than anywhere else. comes with camera and usb cable only. takes pretty nice videos (audio is mono, but sounds okay). if you want to take 1080p vid you'll need to buy a tripod, but 720p works well by hand with stabilization function. recommended for the average person wanting to capture some memories.
on September 23, 2011
This camera seemed like a good buy. For only $80 or so you get a 1080p video camera. Also it has a 16 mp camera and not just a 5 mp camera like it says. at least in the menu you can choose 16 mp for the pictures

The camera feels pretty flimsy and whenever I shift my hand (even just slightly) it makes a really loud noise on the camera. The big kicker for this thing was the sound quality. I dont know if it was just my model but the sound always had a hiss to it, and that is why I returned it.
on June 3, 2012
I love this camcorder. It was the cheapest I could find on Amazon and it works fine. It was shipped in a timely manner.I have found that the video works best under FHD for both day and night footage. The camera works best for me under FHD, ISO 1600 during the day time and FHD, ISO- 800 with backlight flash on, during the night. The pictures are too hazy when taken during the night with ISO 1600. With the backlight on, the pictures look as great as in the day. The camera pictures are excellent outdoors as well. I have no complaints. If you need a cheap gadget and one that works, this is for you.. I recommend it.
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2014
I purchased this as a refurbished item from Amazon's Outlet Store (or whatever they call it these days). It isn't a great camera for doing movies with...but I think it is the best of the cheap cameras Ive purchased and is real handy and compact with many settings...does fairly well (for a cheap camera which I paid $45 or so for) in dim lighting and for general use. I think it would even be worth the full price ($170 or so?) for a general use handy camera. Again, you wont be shooting a blockbuster with it, but it is a nice little camera. Not super rugged, but for my uses I would say it is good enough for average home movies, Youtube, etc.

UPDATE: on Feb 6 2015.
While I still like this camera for its compact size and so forth, and I don't at all regret paying $50 or $60 for it, I would have been more happy with a traditional camera with actual mechanical image stabilization and less grainy video. Especially for the retail price of $199 I would imagine that you could do better (although it looks to no longer be on sale outside of amazon Warehouse, even for the S30 model).
I still think it is a nice camera and better than most smart phone cameras, etc, I still would rather get a better camera for my YouTube videos in the future.
You can go to my YouTube Channel "Robert's Grip" and every video I have shot on there has been with this camera.
Go to my channel and check it out, below is the link to past into your browser.

on February 16, 2015
I gave it 3 out of 5 on account that its got a huge flaw. It lacks a purpose on one of the reasons why I bought it. I call this an "express" camera because that might be just the purpose its meant to serve. Its great for taking still photos or short videos but I really just wanted to keep the reel running all day. It wont do it. I wanted some good videos of the construction of my new home with me in the film helping the carpenters. I bought the tripods, extension cord, ect. You attempt to plug it in however, it enters charging mode. You can't turn it on. No shooting, no video. I intend to put all the videos I have on DVD. I have plenty of vids, but it would have been easiest for me to have the camera shooting all day and edit the 9 hour footage on my PC at the end of the day. It wont happen. Basically if you just let the camera sit there on its tripods (say if you were at a party for instance) unattended in attempt to make a full length movie, the length of the footage would only depend on the length of the battery life. Which is less than an hour and a half. No use in spending the money on an 8GB card, all you would need is a 4 GB. That's the only thing that sucks about it right now. Its a big deal to me. I found nothing in the manual that talks about it. But maybe i'm missing something all together, is this a trend with the USB plugs on these devices now? I just don't know.
on July 23, 2014
Do not buy, just use your Cell Phone instead. This is a horrible product, and is useless because the MICROPHONE IS NON EXISTENT.
on August 6, 2014
I am giving the camera only 3 stars since I was disappointed that it says it comes with 128mb of memory and I would think that with 128 mb of memory I would be able to take more than 1 minute of a video so until I go and buy a memory card there is really not much I can do but from what I can tell the camera is pretty nice and is a perfect size.
on December 21, 2014
excellent seller , the product is of high quality
on March 23, 2012
This is a great little lite camcorder for vacations or other events. It fits easily away in your pocket and it's eazy to use. I wouldn't use this camera for a speical one time event but for school plays or soccer games, it's perfect.
This camcorder is not build to hold up to a lot of abuse from beeing dropped or banged around, so there is some care that needs to take place.
The Toshiba is about the size of an Iphone but the video quality is better on the Toshiba (much better).
This camcorder/camera is great for someone who wants pictures or videos that produces good quailty without carring around a big expensive heavy camera (or look silly holding up there Ipad to take a video).
on February 21, 2015