Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 301-310 of 2,349 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,554 reviews
on January 6, 2016
A bit pricey, but I was looking to buy a new VCR/DVD combination since we have a library of old tapes and I understand that most manufacturers have stopped making VCRs. The internal tuner boosts the signal from an indoor antenna so that I can be confident I'll have a clear picture throughout a program.
on August 8, 2012
I read a number of the reviews and really found them helpful. I downloaded a few of them especially the one about dubbing. When I went to record from VCR to DVD I followed the manual instuctions and had no problem. The manual really surprised me it was VERY EASY to follow and believe me I think most manuals really SUCK for clarity and ease of operation. The unit I have DOES have an eject button for the tapes and one for the dvd right on the unit and also one on the remote. Someone wrote that only the remote has the eject button. I've only transfered o few tapes and it was remarkably PAINLESS. I would recommend this unit on the limited transfers I have made. Good work Toshiba thanks for makiing a product for those of us who still own VCR tapes and like the option of making them DVD.
on June 10, 2013
Received promptly and set the unit up as per instructions. Made 1 copy of a vhs tape and seemed to be fine. The next day I inserted another vhs tape to copy and only got a blue screen and nothing else. The DVD side worked fine. Called Toshiba and they said it was a defective unit. Sent it back to Amazon. Would not recommend this unit as this seems to be a problem with others.
on January 19, 2015
I don't write many reviews but figured I'd chime-in here: This unit has worked flawlessly 'out of the box' thanks to reviewer GB Packert's suggestions. I have transferred over 15 VHS tapes to DVD and this machine has been perfect for that. I highly recommend it. Note: The cost of this recorder is reasonable considering that I recently was quoted $35.00 to transfer one tape to DVD from a local camera shop.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 9, 2015
I am a little disappointed in this unit. Upon opening the box, I discovered there is no coax input or output on it. There is also no HDMI input, only an output. The only input ports on it are RCA plugs, which I thought were analog only. The only way I can connect it is to run a HDMI cable from my cable box to a digital to analog converter, then to the recorder through the RCA plugs. I don't understand what they were thinking when they engineered this unit. Why wouldn't it have coax connections so it could be connected directly to the cable box?
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2014
This is a must have if you have a box of VHS tapes that you intend to convert to DVD. I used the PC conversion software until my computer died and the replacement computer wasn't compatible with the software. This unit is great. I insert a blank DVD, put in the VHS tape, hit the Play and Dub button and walk away. Note: Look at the reviews on how to use the unit. The instructions may not be accurately written.
on December 15, 2015
Horrible. Worked once and then wouldn't work again.Then i call Toshiba for support, they say I have to contact acclaim to get a replacement. Acclaim so 'oh sorry - no replacement avaialble' but here is store credit you can you at toshibadirect.com ....... well, they no longer sell dvd players, or tv's or anything i need. I didn't need computer stuff, i have all that i need and i was smart enough not to buy toshiba in that case. Wasted money - wasted.
on February 1, 2013
I'll start with the good things:

Nice machine, does cool things. Very well packaged and easy to understand instructions, even though it has some grammar mistakes. Have already copied many old family videos to DVD and have been able to clear out valuable space that the VHS tapes took. Reomte control panel is smple to use, not like some others. Interfaced nicely with cable and sound system.

Now the disappointing things:

Goes to wide screen and when I try to adjust the size, it is skewed. Not good. Disapointed that it skips and goes to white noise screen in between chapters. So there we are watching a DVD and all of a sudden it is interupted. Maybe it is something I am doing? Not sure. Not happy that I had to buy an RF unit to mke it work with our older TV. Tracking seems to be a rpoblem with he VHS tapes.
on November 19, 2014
The dubbing in the instruction book is wrong. Press dubbing before the buttons for the dvd to start. then the dubbing works correctly.
on December 30, 2014
Works great. All my vhs tapes from the 80's and all my kids vhs tapes from the late 90's are ALL on DVD now. This works great. I am not a computer person, I followed the directions along with what other reviewers had put in and i got it the first time...I would recommend this. I would have paid a lot more to pay someone to copy all my vhs tapes, plus i got to see a lot of old motocross tapes i haven't seen in 25 years...