Industrial Deals Prime Book Box Our favorite denim: shop women's jeans nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(5 star). See all 74 reviews
on October 14, 2017
I haven't used the convection part yet, but the microwave part works very well. Unit is very nice looking. This is also the lowest priced combination microwave/convection oven that I have seen, and I have been looking for a while. Oven is large enough that a 13x9 cake pan will fit inside.
44 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 17, 2018
It's not as strong as our old one (The Sharp Carousel) but, it works great!
It takes longer to heat things by only 30 seconds more.
It doesn't offer the 450* temp for the convection.
The inside is a bit more compact, even they both are 1.5cu ft. 🤔
Those are the differences from our old one that we loved and had for 19.5 years.
We have adjusted and we are very happy with this purchase. The black is gorgeous too!
review image
19 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on May 15, 2018
This review is for the 1.5 microwave/convection combo. It seems average size to me, not overly large but I'm used to a built-in and this is smaller than that! I bought this as a gift for my Mom as her new house didn't have a built in microwave and the idea of an extra oven for holidays appealed to her. It included 2 racks, turntable, turntable post/mount, and a small instruction book. We tried all settings immediately as we didn't want a surprise later when it's to late to send back. We removed the glass turntable and plastic post/mount before trying the convection and combo settings. The convection setting did take about the same time as my oven to preheat, I did get the plastic smell but I got that with my regular oven the first time when I bought it new and consider that normal for first time use. The outside got pretty warm but I could still put my hand on it and it was not as warm as a convection toaster oven I own. The rear by the fan also did not get as warm as the sides and top during operation. I would suggest using common sense with this device and not using metal on the microwave or combo setting and removing the turntable since it's mount is plastic when using combo or convection. A good set of glass casserole dishes would be ideal, along with a convection oven cookbook that gives helpful conversions as well as recipes. My best advice is get to know how it cooks, I have never had two ovens, especially convection ovens cook the same. Happy cooking!
14 people found this helpful
on October 12, 2017
Shopped around at my local stores and all comparable items with these features were over $500.00! Fast shipping and great all around purchase. Couldn't be happier
19 people found this helpful
on April 25, 2018
I rescind my negative review after studying the manual see where you must press the micro button to get the higher numbers. Guess that is what happens when you are 78 change just doesn't come that easy.
15 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
on December 11, 2017
I am really enjoying this microwave. I have used the microwave and the convection settings and both work really well. I am still learning about all the different preprogrammed settings and which ones are useful to me. I would definitely recommend this product.
14 people found this helpful
on June 21, 2018
I find that this Microwave/Conventional Combo oven works well and is reliable in heat distribution. My only negative observation is that the plastic overlay over the "start" button is creasing or separating. Close observation indicates that this was not meant to happen. There is no "shipping" plastic to be removed over the touch panel. So after 30 days use, this seems to be a quality problem with the current touch panel surface protection. Every other aspect is a (5) from a useful working aspect.
8 people found this helpful
on July 6, 2018
I just love this microwave oven!. I recently bought this convection microwave to replace a Sharp oven. I've had Sharp ovens for 30 years but for the past 2 years or so, I've had 2 Sharp ovens actually catch on fire. The first caught on fire around the bottom turn plate after a little over a year. It took 5 months to get a replacement and just over a year of use, the top of the replacement oven caught on fire. Sharp refused to replace the oven saying it was past the 1 year warranty. To heck with the fact that their products tend to catch on fire. Thank goodness I didn't walk away from that oven while it was on or my house may have burned down. I paid over $500 for that oven. I decided no more Sharp products for me and found this little gem for around $200. It does more than the expensive Sharp. We'll see how well it holds up Even if it lasts only 2 years, it is still a bargain as compared to the Sharp. And it is more powerful. It is easy to use and easy to clean. I am very happy with this purchase so far!
on July 11, 2018
After reading all the reviews I decided to give the Micro/Convection oven a whirl. After receiving this item, I got it all hooked up right away. I was at first stunned at how LARGE it is but I have the space for it.
After reading all the reviews and questions and answers I decided to test the Convection feature first. I made homemade garlic knots.I baked them at 425 degrees(I wanted to test how hot this oven actually got) like I do in my regular oven and for my regular oven I only use about 10-12 min so that's what I set the convection on. when the beeper went off and I checked and they were not fully done so I added 10 min more. after about 5 more minutes I checked them and they were actually done and perfect. so to my I am guestimating it takes maybe 5-10 min longer to cook then my regular oven. I also made brownies and my son baked Seitan. all came out perfect and again my kitchen was not hot. that was the whole reason I bought this. with 110 in the shade temps outside. baking was making my ACs work overtime to keep the kitchen somewhat cool. I tried the Microwave function today and it works great. much better then the microwave this one is replacing. during the week I will play more with the other functions. my prayer is that it does perfect microwave popcorn :)

Update: I made a frozen pizza in the convection oven. the box said 400 degrees for 22-25 min. I did 425 for 35 min, perfect. so it does seem you have to go up in temp then what the box or recipe says and extend the time some about 5-10 min.
on May 6, 2018
It is a powerful microwave. We use the sensor reheat all the time and it works well. I love the defrost function, no need to put frozen meat out of frig in advance. I can start cook once I arrive home.
review imagereview image