Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
asked by Amazon Customer on September 7, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
lucas: how are you doing with your laptop and solar charging unit? i would like to do the same thing out in the woods and do not know what to purchase from amazon. please help. your post was done on my last birthday. terry
T. M. Ingram answered on January 7, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I haven't purchased the solar panel (yet?), so I can't speak to how well it works. Sorry I can't help more!
Amazon Customer answered on January 7, 2012

A
this would certainly charge your laptop battery with the laptop turned off. it's just a matter of how long it would take. from personal measurements with dell laptops, it will take about twice as long to charge-up with this panel when compared to plugging into the wall.

as for charging/powering your laptop while your laptop is on...forget about it. you would essentially be running off battery power as most of today's full-sized laptops use 60W while running. it might make your battery last a few minutes longer.
Adam H answered on January 7, 2012

A
Amazon Customer answered on January 8, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product