Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on November 8, 2010
I purchased this case for my new Toshiba Portege R705. Except for one thing, it's perfect. It fits the laptop's widescreen proportions exactly, with a little leeway so you don't have to struggle to get the computer in and out. It's extremely lightweight (9.6 ounces, which is important when the computer itself only weighs 3.1 pounds). The handles are comfortably padded without being bulky or heavy. It fits into my regular briefcase. I would have loved to keep the case and use it.

What is the fatal flaw? It stinks! Literally. The side and bottom edges are made of rubberized material that reeks to high heaven. It smells worse than a tire store (perhaps the rubber gives off its smell even more easily than a new tire because it's soft). I was hoping that the odor would dissipate once the case was out of the shipping box, but I have had it hanging up in an open area in my house for three days and I can still smell it 6 feet away. If I put it inside my regular briefcase it imparts its smell to the briefcase and everything in it.

Toshiba brags about this rubberized edge, saying it affords extra cushioning. I fail to see that it does; a slightly thicker neoprene would have worked better for that purpose, and in any case the seams themselves provide some extra protection at the corners. The rubber edge also makes it harder to slide the case into and out of my briefcase.

Perhaps other users are not as nauseated by a strong rubber odor as I am, but this case is unusable by me, and it's going back. That's a shame, when it has so many virtues.
on January 24, 2013
Since this is neoprene, it really is just a sleeve, not really a case. It is somewhat flimsy (like a sleeve) but for the price, you can't really expect too much. I bought it because it has a handle for carrying around and a zippered pocket that can hold the charger, a wireless mouse, external hard drive and any other wires without it becomes too bulky (depending on how you put it all in). Overall, yes, it does have a smell, but it will go away after you air it out.

It also has a nice gray grip material along the sides of the bag which is kind of cool. The zippers are sturdy and not likely to break even if you stuff it.

It was a little roomy for my 13" Dell XPS, but I plan on putting other paper in here as well so it won't really jostle around. Pretty much just needed something to put my laptop in so it wouldn't scratch.

Overall, I am happy with the purchase, but I am always wary of giving a full 5 stars unless I am completely in love with it. Like previously stated, this case does the job fairly well.
on April 11, 2015
Purchased this to house an ASUS 13" notebook.

It fits perfectly and has a nice outer compartment to hold the charge cord.
It also has briefcase type carry handles if you are on the go.
on September 14, 2012
When the case arrived it did stink but within 2 days it was fine. This is an excellent case that provides great protection assuming your responsible enough with your equipment. It had a piece of plastic styrofoam like material that was inside. I left that in there to provide a bit more portection against the screen since I have a Toshiba Protege Ultrabook and they got screens you can literally bow. I took it with me to Alaska going through the security check points was a breeze (I didn't even take my laptop out of the case. Just put it in the tray and through the xray scanner).
on March 22, 2012
I needed a thin, light, portable carry bag to use with my new Toshiba Ultrabook. I bought it in spite of the prior reviews that it smelled of rubber which turned out to be a non-issue. Unless you have some super sniffer the odor is neglibible, it's amazing how some people blew this up to some fatal flaw. This case is perfect for the laptop, a thin paper file or two, and a small mouse. This is NOT a carrybag for all your 'stuff', it is for travelling thin and light. The zipper side pouch is great for holding your passports or other documentation. Highly recommended.
on June 2, 2011
Recently bought my laptop and after many reviews and searching, this was the winner. The laptop fits perfectly and has enough room for the AC adapter and wireless mouse. Very nice product, very happy with it.
on February 3, 2011
I bought this case for my Toshiba R705 13.3" laptop, and the laptop fit inside perfectly.

But I didn't think that the case provided much protection. It covers it, but it doesn't provide much padding. I also didn't like the strength of the case when holding it by the handles with the laptop inside - it sagged and pulled at the seams much more than I would have liked or expected. And I agree with the other reviewer about a strong rubbery kind of odor that did not fade with time.

I was attracted to this item because it seemed to offer a great combination of something that could be used both as a sleeve for putting it into another, larger case, and as something that could be used alone, but I didn't like it much for either situation.

I think that there are better options. I returned the case and found something much better for not that much more.
on February 1, 2013
The material is superior for portable use and it fits like a glove, I am using this bag as a back up, it can pack the power adapter and small wireless mouse but very tight. This bag is very useful for people on the go. A
on August 29, 2012
Good delivery delay and services, this product got a good quality and it's really ligth. Perfect to travel (reason why I bought it) and most important fit perfectly my new Toshiba Ultrabook 13.3".
on August 29, 2015
Its a great case to hold my laptop. Its fits perfectly and looks great. The only downside is the smell from the case. Its pretty strong and it took a long time for it to go away.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question