Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Ed Sheeran Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 11, 2013
the first time i used the doc it charged the battery with no problem. i haven't tried using the ports yet. the next time i used the dock the battery didn't charge at all. i plugged the tablet into the cord directly and it still won't charge. i did find comments on the web the are similar. they suggested removing the battery for a few minutes then putting it back and that seemed to correct it. i tried that and still no luck. will give it another try. i'm hoping this docking station didn't kill my battery.

stopped working completely after one try. did get the battery to start charging with the power cord after removing and putting it back 3 times after waiting to see if it would work for an hour between each try.
on February 6, 2012
Set up is relatively easy (you would think). Plug in the AC cord (not included) includes 2 USB ports and 1 HDMI port. After initial set up I found one of the ports wasnt turning on my wireless usb mouse, I attested this to not enough power to turn on the mouse (no optical led glow from mouse) [instructions do say not all USB products are compatible] and switched to a wired mouse. I found that the dock was having difficulty reading the wireless mouse so after switching ports, plugging in the machine so many times, turning on and off the tablet I finally got it running as it should. The initial set up seemed relatively easy. [ I do have to mention having to play with the USBs/tablet connections for FIVE HOURS to get all the ports to work as they should]. There was a 'return item' request sent in at about hour 3 of messing with the device but I eventually cancelled it figuring the trouble to send in for a new one would be more bothersome then jiggling the wires every day.

After a week of use, this product still gives me trouble. If I put in the tablet while it is on the screen will freeze and the tablet will need a hard reset. I found plugging in the tablet as the tablet is turning on is the best way to avoid this.

I don't have the issue of "it takes two hands to take the tablet off the dock" issue and it is perhaps this loose connection that makes my dock unable to read the tablet from time to time.

Other than the MANY issues I've had with this product I cannot give it a bad review. It's lightweight and portable, and (when it wants) does the job it was intended to do. Plus, we Toshiba Tablet owners have no other choice at the moment. Enjoy what you can get. :)
on May 21, 2012
This dock for the Toshiba thrive is only about $10.00 more than the unit that only offers audio out connection, while this unit offers HDMI video/audio output to your HDTV (720P). Thrive tablet fits snugly and charges properly (using your original AC adapter). There is an issue that might affact some users depending on how you use the unit. If you use a Bluetooth device as well as HDMI, the Bluetooth audio signal is cancelled when in the dock even though a proper Bluetooth connection is shown. So your audio only appears while sitting in the dock over HDMI. If you are a home theater user, you must send the audio through your HDTV and the audio output of the TV to your A/V receiver. The other alternatives are to disconnect the HDMI cable (a nuisance) or use the Thrive in battery mode disconnected from dock when you want just audio via Bluetooth. The issue is covered on the Toshiba support website. If this is not a problem, this is a good accessory for your Thrive unit.
on March 23, 2015
DON'T BUY THIS!!! It will be a waste of your time and money -- you will end up sending it back for a refund. I bought it, send it back. And bought it and send it back again. It is only a stand for your tablet. You have to buy power adapter for it; plugged it into two docks and didn't charge my table. On both docks, the sound port did not work, the usb port did not work, I didn't waste my time on the HDMI port -- it wasn't going to work either. Such a disappointment! Toshiba shouldn't have had the dock made in China -- it should have been made it USA or Japan.
on July 11, 2017
Nice, I've turned my old tablet into a photo album.
on June 12, 2017
Works well with my Toshiba. Good product and well made.
on February 13, 2014
Although I was quite shocked as to the size of this item. I bought it for my thrive tablet which i am told I don;t leave home without, however, I do. Back to the review ... I have found this to be so very useful for holding my tabbie when lieing down and wanting to read. I don't need to balance this on my stomach but it sure works and allows me two hands free. The price was what sold me. I have had no problem when using the plugs in this unit too, i.e. the back charge plug. I haven't used the other plugs since we really are not in the need for using my tabbie for those instances. I mainly use my tabbie for reading my kindle books, and I highly recommend this item to facilitate this type of use for it.
on October 6, 2012
This is the first time I've ever reviewed an item on Amazon and I have to do it because of how dissatisfied I am with this. After 3 months of use, the dock would lose HDMI connection to my TV and I would have to readjust the HDMI cable connection. And replacing the cable does not help. And sometimes, I would have to attempt to redock the tablet multiple times in order for the HDMI connection to work. And now, I get interference on the screen when I use the dock.

Worst of all, I CANNOT REGISTER THIS IN THE US! It means I don't have US Warranty on this item, or actually, no warranty at all because the warranty for the product expired before I even bought it!!! THANK YOU AMAZON FOR SELLING A PRODUCT WITH NO WARRANTY!!!
on October 6, 2013
I read some of the reviews saying there were problems with the unit charging the Thrive. I have mine sitting on my desk and I keep the Thrive plugged in all of the time. I have used it on the dock a few times and I have yet to have any issues. I even plugged an old set of small speakers in and they work fine. No issues with taking it on and off the dock either. For the cost any Thrive owner would be crazy not to get one. The only issue I have with it is I wished it had come with a power cord. A couple times I have had to pull the cord to take it with me. Not a major problem just a little bit of a pain. But I wll just purchase another cord for the Thrive.
on September 5, 2011
I was surprised when the product arrived. I expected it to be much larger. I can understand why one needs this unit. I can not hear the music even with headphones with the unit only. When attached to the dock the music is loud and clear thru the headphones. Necessary if you own a thrive and you like music..The HDMI port is also very good for using the tablet on the TV. I am glad I bought the unit. Now I could not live without it. Yes still overpriced for what you get.