|Screen Size||13.3 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366x768|
|Processor||3.1 GHz Intel Core i5|
|RAM||4 GB SO-DIMM|
|Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Hard Drive||640 GB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 3000|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||9 hours|
Toshiba Portégé R835-P94 13.3-Inch Laptop (Magnesium Blue)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Amazingly portable, yet inspiringly powerful, the Portégé R835 laptop is Toshiba's lightest full-performance ultraportable ever: a showcase of brilliant design and premium craftsmanship for uncompromising mobility. Leagues ahead of others like it, this ultralight, ultrathin laptop helps you face your day head on, thanks to the visibly smart performance of 2nd-generation Intel Core i5 and i3 processors, a long battery life rating of up to nine hours, plus a built-in DVD drive. Featuring an reinforced magnesium alloy casing, plus an power-efficient AirFlow cooling system, this laptop is more durable-and runs longer and cooler-than most others in its class. So feel free to launch your favorite productivity apps or entertainment whenever and wherever you'd like. It also comes with innovations like a USB 3.0 technology for quicker data transfers, plus Sleep & Charge to power your smartphone even when the laptop is off. Full speed ahead to more doing and enjoying.
Top Customer Reviews
If you would like to see more reviews on the Toshiba R835-P94, look at the Toshiba R835-P81, it is the same computer except the P94 also has Bluetooth and is over $100 cheaper. The P94 is an Amazon exclusive, which probably accounts for the lower price. The P81 comes with 6 GB of ram while the P94 only has 4 GB. The 4 GB of ram is fine for most applications and most users, but I like to max-out my ram. I bought two 4 GB high speed ram modules (a total of 8 GBs) for $46 and the P94 is noticeably faster. Installation of the ram is very easy.
A real shocker was discovering that the battery power lasts almost as long as advertised. Amazing! I have never had a laptop that even came close to this one.
I'm not a "gamer" so I can't speak to its capabilities in that arena, but I have watched streaming movies, and DVD's with no problems. The only negative things that I have noticed so far are that it has a narrow vertical viewing angle. I'm comparing it to my old Sony Vaio which has a larger and very good screen. The other negative is the ton of bloat ware programs that Toshiba loads on the computer. I doubt that you will ever use the majority of them. Sadly, it seems that all of the manufacturers are doing this now.
Overall, the Toshiba R835-P94 is very good computer for the price. Small, light weight and good power.
1. It only weighs 3 pounds! I can do curls with it on my weak arm for ten minutes and not feel a thing. (well, maybe that's exaggerating, but it's ridiculously light!)
2. It's gorgeous. The exterior looks black in low light, but every once in a while I'll catch a glimpse of that "magnesium blue," and it makes me happy. Not to mention the slight texturing on the cover makes it look even better.
3. The thing fits into my purse. It's nice not to have to take my backpack somewhere just because I'm bringing my laptop.
4. Battery life! I haven't actually sat down and timed how long it can last, but I do know I can watch a 2-hour-long movie, an episode of The Office, and work on a paper (all in high brightness and volume) and still have a solid 40% left. I can't even describe how wonderful it is to take it out for the day, use it during classes and in the student center, and not have to take the power cord with me. It's fantastic.
5. The touchpad. My Vaio didn't have multitouch, and it had some funny texturing on the touchpad. But this Toshiba's touchpad is glorious. It's smooth and super convenient, and it doesn't jump at all when you try to move the mouse.
6. Speed. It's very fast--I haven't had any issues whatsoever with trying to download things or access "busy" web pages.
1. Smudges and fingerprints. Because the laptop's a darker color, dust and oils show up on the keys and cover a lot easier than they do on a lighter shade. But of course you can clean it off regularly if that bothers you. It's definitely not worth passing up this baby for.
2. Microphone placement. I like to Skype with friends and family, and I was a little annoyed to find out that the microphone is located on the front right corner of the laptop base right next to the SD slot. It's easy to forget it's there and accidentally rub over it with my wrist when I'm multitasking with working on a project and Skyping, because then the noise kills whoever I'm talking to. Not a great idea to put that there.
3. Speakers. They do their job, but I can tell the difference between these speakers and my Vaio's. These just sound kind of hollow, and the quality's not fantastic. But hey, they work.
So, yeah. That's what I have to say about the Toshiba Portege R835-P94. All in all, I think it's a fantastic laptop for the price. I'm very happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend this laptop to anyone!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.