Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 84 reviews
on December 27, 2007
Pros: Built in QAM HD receiver works great with COMCAST. Good control of picture and sound preferences. Excellent sharpness and color. Good sound without use of external speakers. Great value.

Con#1: Less than stellar fast motion and camera pan viewing for sports. This is a common LCD complaint but Toshiba does advertise "CineSpeed" which is supposed to address this. With a 8ms response time, I expected some motion blur. For me it's acceptable but you might want to check one out in a store first.

Con#2: Doesn't render analog, over the air channels well but not many of these digital sets do. This will be a moot point in 2009 as analog goes away.

Summary: For the money you can't go wrong if you're in the market for a smaller LCD set. We find the built in DVD player handy and it reads scratched rental disks very well. You can get the same set without the player for about $60 less.

One Last Thing: On Amazon shipping - make sure you give the carrier your cell phone number, or a number you are always at, as the primary contact number. They must make contact with you by phone before they will deliver. If they can't reach you, they don't deliver.

Update: I just want to say this set is still going strong as of today 9/28/12 and we're still happy with everything about it. For the price it certainly was a "best buy".
VINE VOICEon November 5, 2008
UPDATED JULY 2009!: After barely 6 months of use this LCD actually blew out. We were watching television and all of a sudden everything went black... completely black. Resetting, unplugging and even praying didn't work! Luckily it was still under warranty and they came in a few days ordered a new screen and had it installed within a week. The total would have been 1500 hundred out of pocket if it weren't for the warranty. INSANITY!! Honestly, after scouring the internet I have come across the same issue repeatedly where people are stuck with this paperweight. Toshiba seems to not manufacter quality products that can make it past the first 12 months. The only upside was that there was a service center 10 minutes away and everything was in-home (from the initial inspection to the actual work)... that was a plus not having to lug around the television. You will need to have a dated receipt within 12 months and they will take pictures for service.

I had purchased this set back in February 2008 and wanted to review after having it for awhile.

This set with DVD player was purchased for our bedroom. The picture quality is gorgeous and vibrant. We have just moved and until we get our 42 inch Panasonic on the wall we have been using this one in the living room. It more than suffices! It looks amazing, that I could see someone using this one as a main tv if the room isn't too large.

Unlike other LCDs, this one does not turn dark or grayed out when viewed from different angles. The picture quality is amazing. The colors are vibrant and bright and I feel as if it is able to get a "true black".

As far as the DVD player... the reality is we have used it about 2 times; so I cannot review on the dependability. I have read and experienced that Toshiba DVD players love to conk out.

The frame is very sleek and sexy, just don't touch it with your oily fingers! I wish I had purchased two when they were on sale because I can no longer find the combos anywhere.

Again, if you can find it for a good price, jump on it. You will not regret it. Also wanted to mention that this set picks up an unbelievable amount of HD channels (about 90) without a cable/satellite box. We have service, but we always love to test the capability of the television.
on March 29, 2008
I purchased this TV in February and was delivered in time by local delivery contractor who had no idea what the white glove service was. NOt a big deal since it was a small TV. Later I read the delivery reciept and it did actually had instructions for driver about opening the box and detrashing the box. Easy set up and nice picture but impressive sound. Within 48 hours a bright straight line appeared through the bottom part of screen. I called Toshiba which first tried to arrange local tech to arrange inspection but apparantly no arrangement could be made. Anyways, Toshiba did offer me to pick up the TV and give full refund.
I called Amazon then because I wanted a replacement but Amazon ran out of stock and again arranged to pick up the TV and provided full refund.I ordered the same TV again at Amazon but from featured merchants and had to pay some extra money. I am going to mount it on wall in my bedroom.Built in DVD player is so convenient, I wish it had full functions of a DVD player.

The Pros:The TV is extremely beautiful aesthetically speaking with gloss cabinetory. Sound is very impressive with SRS wow. Remote control has very convinient features like picture size settings ( Native, Full, Theatre 1,2,3 and others).Another good thing is half mute function.

The cons:TV does not save some settings.Built in DVD player is very basic.I could not program Dishnetwork receiver to Toshiba universal remote control. During DVD playback if you push pause/play 2 or 3 times, DVD player stops and restarts reading the disc from beginning.
on March 17, 2008
Overall I am happy with this TV. It is great for hanging on the bedroom wall because you do not need a place to put a DVD player since it is built in. Also, the picture quality is good enough. However there are a couple of things I don't like, only one of which is really Toshiba's fault. For one, if you want to watch digital or HD cable or satellite, you still need a decoder box, so there goes the clean setup of just putting the TV on the wall and being done with it. And if you want high definition DVDs (bluray) then you would need an external player anyway, but of course none of this is Toshiba's fault. The main problem with this TV is the PC input. Sometimes I have movies on my laptop that I would like to play on the TV. However the PC input is almost worthless. This is a 16:9 TV, but the PC input only supports 4:3 inputs on the PC input. So there are always black bars on the side, and in the PC input mode you can't stretch the image. So if you are watching a 16:9 movie on your laptop and you hook it up to this TV, you get a very small widescreen movie in the center of the screen surrounded by mostly black. Many other TVs (like Samsung) are not like this and support 16:9 on the PC input.
on June 26, 2007
Excellent TV with plenty of options. We upgraded to HD cable shortly afterwards and we were immensely impressed by the increase in picture quality over our previous TV (27" CRT Sony Trinitron) with regular cable. Obviously the built-in DVD player isn't HD or Blu-ray... that would have driven the price up another $500 or so and the selection/price of HD DVDs and Blu-ray discs aren't yet worth the investment. However, the built-in DVD player is upconverting so you can upgrade your TV and DVD player all at once.

The only downside is the large amount of heat generated by the set. But, this is a small inconvenience in comparison to how much happier we are with the new TV. BUY IT!
on September 24, 2007
Needed a decent compact tv for a small apartment I keep in the city for work. This 32" weighes under 40 lbs., has amazing picture and sound, and with a built in progressive scan DVD requires, only one plug in, sits compactly on a standard end table, and works with only one remote (and no extra cables except cable in). It sure exceeded my expectations. -- And for the girlies out there, it's kind of pretty. (Only downside: no swivel or tilt.)
on August 1, 2011
enjoyed the TV and convenience of the built-in DVD until the DVD player jammed up earlier this year, rendering it inoperable and almost eating a rental disk. Then, this weekend, it suddenly stopped displaying any video regardless of the input used, sound continued on. Frankly I expect better reliability for something we've used so infrequently. I have ordered a tv only replacement for less than half the price since I suspect it's not reasonably repairable. Unfortunate disposable world today. I did not order another toshiba based on this experience, however.
on May 2, 2008
This is the second of these that I have bought in the past year. The first one cost $1100 and was killed by a power surge. I had not realized that these flat TVs are computers and need the same protection. The second one was only $750, a huge price drop perhaps because the model is being discontinued and the DVD will not play the coming hi-res BlueRay media. It is the biggest TV to still have a built-in DVD, and I like the ease and simplicity and cleanliness of it. No cables and connections to a separate player. Just offer the side slot a disc, and the whole thing comes on and starts playing the movie.
on May 11, 2008
I have had this TV/DVD combo for a little over a month, and so far it is doing all that I expected. At 32" screen size the lack of 1080 resolution is not an issue. That size is quite adequate for a medium sized room, by the way. As others have mentioned, the remote doesn't offer many options for DVD control but that is balanced in my mind by the convenience of the built-in player at a reasonable price. I have not noticed the difficulty with noise from the DVD player mentioned by some other reviewers. The TV has multiple HDMI inputs and works fine with my HD cable hookup, also.
on March 13, 2008
I ordered a Toshiba REGZA 32LV67U with built-in DVD player, and I got the tv yesterday. It worked well yesterday, but tonight, it went wrong. It cannot read any DVD discs, and the worse is, when I am watching TV, it will automatically switch to the DVD screen even if no disc is inserted. And if I shut off the power, it will automatically restart. I cannot watch TV, I cannot watch DVD. I cannot even eject the disc. The tv keeps reading the disc, you cannot do anything else.

really bad. I wanna take my money back.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question