Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5107 15.6" Laptop PC - AMD Quad-Core A6 / 4GB DDR3 / 750GB HD / DVD±RW/CD-RW / Webcam & Microphone / Windows 8.1 64-bit
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on May 22, 2014
I purchased this laptop just because of the price and needed to update from XP. Was my first experience using windows 8.1. I don't know what all the fuss is about not that bad. I set it up to always go to the desktop and use my desktop short cuts like I did on XP and on my wife's Windows 7. I had a Lenova laptop which was pretty good and would have continued to use it had it not been XP. this is much faster than it was and is slightly faster than my wife windows 7 Dell laptop with a Pentium processor. I would definitely buy this laptop again . Hold a charge a very long time and is light weight and the screen clarity is wonderful. the only thing it does not pick up the wifi signal from our router as good as the old Lenova did so I don't venture far.
on March 31, 2014
i like the computer. its all around pretty speedy and doesn't have any major design problems. its Quad Core processor is nice as well as the 700GB hard drive. only problem is the operating system. WIN 7 is always better than windows 8, simply because its easier to navigate.
on May 3, 2014
3rd Toshiba Satellite 15.6 over the last few years, for various family members. Plenty fast enough for home use, sturdy and never had a problem with any of them. My 13-yr-old plays many video games, and the graphics and processor speed are great. Will keep buying these as long as they make them.
on November 14, 2014
The computer was quick, fast enough for most tasks. The one thing I did not care for was the keys themselves. I type quite a bit, comments online, correspondences, etc. and the keys were not responsive enough. They were almost squishy and I had way more typos then normal like the keys would not register what I was doing very well. I ended up returning the PC due to this as I became frustrated. If you type a lot a lot and just browse the internet then this would work but for a daily writer I would suggest getting something with keys that are crisper :)
on September 26, 2014
Disappointing. Really disappointing. This looked like a fast computer and good value for the money, and it's actually quite slow, both on and offline. I can't tell if it's the Windows 8.1 or just Toshiba's system (which needed a big update a few days after I got it...never had this experience with a new laptop before, and I've owned 4 through home and 5 through work. 2 were Toshibas and they were fine machines, but that was years ago. Online, the navigation just sucks...very slow, and whether using alt and the back arrow, or just clicking the back arrow on the screen, there's a big delay and I often have to do it twice.

Additionally, the keyboard sucks! You have to type realllllly hard! There were many times in this review alone I had to go back and fix a word because the word came out without one of my keystrokes. This is super-annoying, and again unlike any computer I've owned.

I purchased a higher-end ASUS for work in April, and I'll be sticking with ASUS or Acer from now on. Ugh.
on July 10, 2014
Windows 8.1 aside, I generally like this laptop. It boots up quickly, has a very long battery life, and the screen looks good. I don't think the keyboard is sensitive enough. I'm a decent typist, and I find myself having to correct misspelled words or add spaces between words. In fact, just typing this short review I have had to make several revisions that I normally wouldn't have to.
on May 19, 2015
Hello. I have owned this model for a year now and for a lower priced laptop it does quite fine. The reason I gave it 4 stars was because of the keyboard, as I need to pound it to make it type right. I see many say the same thing. Out of the box I had to do many updates to get it to run fast. The 5400 rpm hard drive is behind the times, but what can one expect for $350. What I did not really expect was this computer is upgradable. Recently, I have updated the hard drive to Samsung SSD 850 pro 500 gigs, using the 750 gig 5400 as an external back up and an added 16 gigs ram memory. This computer sings now for under $700. Boots in 10 seconds or less and moves like a Lavono Y70 2.6Ghz with the 1TB SHDD in any application, including games, without the $1299 price tag. I really cannot tell the difference. The only down fall is the keyboard. TJ
on July 14, 2015
I do not like this laptop at all!!! The worse one I have ever owned, and I have had dell, HP, and acer. It runs slow. After 10 months it died and I had to pay to send it to Toshiba, pay for customer service, pay for shipping all to get computer back and it run slower then before they supposedly replaced everything.. Not happy at all with Toshiba. Would not recommend this brand to anyone!
on March 23, 2016
This computer deserves NO STARS! My mouse works intermittently and the screen is pixelated. Forget about Toshiba's customer service. From now on, I will pay the extra hundred bucks for something that actually works! Also, because of the mouse issues, the screen resolution changes when it wants and now, it is extremely large and I cannot figure out how to reduce it. Called Toshiba and they wanted $199 to fix it remotely. Haven't even had it a year......trash, trash, trash!!!
on May 24, 2015
This is the third Toshiba laptop I've owned. Really like the others (which is why I bought another one). This one, though, is easily the worst laptop we've owned. Which is saying something, because we've owned a Compaq Presario. The drivers for most of the peripherals seem really spotty. The wifi adapter frequently drops the connection with the router for no discernible reason. The USB ports work but only sometimes. There's no Windows key with the machine, so you can't put down a fresh install to take care of the driver issues and get rid of the bloatware.
Bottom line, this is a very disappointing machine from a pretty good manufacturer. Don't buy one of these.