|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||2.4 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||320 GB Serial ATA hard disk drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||ATI Radeon HD 4250|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||4 hours|
Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5102 15.6-Inch LED Laptop (Fusion Finish in Helios Grey)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile Processor P540 2.4 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache
- Configured with 4GB DDR3 1066MHz (max 8GB)
- 320GB (5400 RPM); Serial ATA hard disk drive, DVD SuperMulti drive with Labelflash supporting 11 formats
- 15.6" diagonal widescreen TruBrite TFT display, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit ; Battery Life (measured by MobileMark 2007): 3 hours, 56 minutes
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
6/8/2011: Still issues! Some Toshiba laptops have a fan and cooling issue that is software related.
Google "Toshiba forum cooling fan constantly on", or highlight and right click what I have type here to see the 13 page thread on this subject. The most recent 5 pages are 3-4 non-Toshiba computer programmers trying to solve the problem as Toshiba has been uncaring and useless. The key is to read the thread from the beginning to review all the people who first define the problem. I encourage anyone seeking a Toshiba computer to review the thread to see if their model is affected before purchase--most models are with AMD processors, but some are Intel latest chipsets (e.g. i5).Read more ›
Here are the pros:
1) The AMD Turion II P540 processor was just released in Oct 2010 just in time for Thanksgiving, so this is the very best laptop chip they have to offer at the moment. It's fast and smooth and doesn't use much power (25W TDP). This is a 45nm chip, if anyone's interested (hence the much lower power dissipation). It also has a 2MB L2 cache which is one of the best out there and ensures faster data processing.
2) With 4GB of RAM, you can run multiple apps at the same time. Most people buy laptops with 2 or 3GB of RAM and they start complaining that they can't run multiple apps. But with this laptop you don't have to worry anymore. I think it's also expandable to 8GB of RAM, though you'll have to install those yourself.
3) 320GB of HDD means you can store thousands of songs, pictures and movies. I don't have the exact numbers (you know, like how Apple does it), but I'm sure most people will be happy with it.
4) 2 USB ports and 1 eSATA/USB port combo. The eSATA combo port is especially useful if you have an eSATA external HDD, which makes transferring of data between your external HDD and your laptop 5x faster than USB 2.0.
5) Standard battery at ~3 hours of life depending on usage so it's nothing impressive but also not bad either. Don't believe it when it says 4 or 5 hours.
6) 15.6" display! woot! On the other hand, you'll think that this will make the laptop heavy, but it isn't. At 5 lbs, this is one of the thinnest laptops (1") I've ever seen.
7) It comes with this Toshiba ECO utility that halves your power consumption by doing a bunch of tricks in your OS (like dimming the display, etc).Read more ›
BOTTOM LINE: I recognize everyone's needs vary and so to do their opinions but if you ask me I'd say buy a Toshiba.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I got this a year ago as a Black Friday lightning deal and have not regretted it. Yes, the fan seems to come on more than my previous laptops, but it's not a nuisance. Read morePublished on December 7, 2011 by Eunice Burns
I've had this laptop for 6 months now. I wasn't sure based on the staggering number of reviews stating the fan noise is absurd, but I don't have a problem. Read morePublished on September 14, 2011 by BlinkTenor
The Satellite L650 models are crap. Do not buy this piece of $&@! The problem I had was when using skype the laptop would just shutdown on it's own. Read morePublished on July 1, 2011 by G.Cooper
I purchased a Satellite L655D-S5067 series laptop and immediately had problems with it. The fan comes on really loud very often and doesn't go off for a long time, even though the... Read morePublished on June 9, 2011 by Snydler
The laptop works very fast compared with my windows XP laptop. Good for the price. I like the laptop and design.Last 4 months no issues observed. So for so good.Published on February 27, 2011 by Agile
The fan of this laptop will randomly go crazy. It will runs in fullspeed and never slowdown until you do a suspend or restart. It's making loud noises when doing so. Read morePublished on February 21, 2011 by reci2000
I received this for a Christmas gift. Worked great for about a week, then the screen would flicker and turn white. Couldn't even shut it off. Read morePublished on January 18, 2011 by Gary Richard
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.