|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||3.4 GHz Core i7-3630QM|
|RAM||6 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||1600 MHz|
|Hard Drive||640 GB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Mobile Intel HD Graphics|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
Toshiba Satellite S855-S5379 15.6-Inch Laptop (2.40 GHz Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor, 6GB DDR3, 640GB HDD, Windows 8) Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
I do want to say something about Windows 8 though...it is really annoying! You can only have 2 things open at a time, and it tends to redirect you to a Windows 8 download site when loading software and apps. Skype is really horrible on it. I had to unload the Windows 8 version and re-load the explorer version. People on the other end were getting messages that I did not have an updated version of Skype.
The mail app for Windows 8 doesn't seem to come with an address book...I guess it expects you to memorize all your email contacts.
The way you have to close the Windows 8 apps is odd. I can understand it on a touch screen, but it is very cumbersome on a laptop. It is also hard to find all of the stuff that I got used to using on Windows 7. Too many steps to access files and programs.
Other than Windows 8 which came with this computer...I do like the computer itself. I am hoping the "8" will grow on me.
- Keys on the keyboard have a nice feel. They are placed slightly different from what I'm used to so I'll miss keys when I type sometimes, but that will change as I adapt. Having a full number pad is very nice.
- Trackpad is very nice. Very smooth and responsive under Linux. It feels slightly schizophrenic under windows but it's not bad and I've not fine tuned it yet.
- Great specs for most purposes as long as you're not looking for a heavy duty gaming rig. Plays Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight II just fine on medium/low settings
- Having an i7 processor is an unexpected luxury.
- Resolution is sub-par, but that is the same with virtually all laptops at this price range and screen size
- Wireless receiver seems to occasionally lose connection, even when showing full bars. Usually a quick dip into airplane mode and back will get things running again.
- Windows 8 is somewhat of an awkward windows system. It's not just that things are in new locations, but the menus are very contextual, and items are not always grouped in ways that are intuitive. If I hadn't already been intending to install Linux as my primary OS, I definitely would have only shopped among windows 7 machines.
Overall it's a great machine for the price. There are some quirks such as with the reliability of the wireless, but overall I'm quite happy with the machine.Read more ›
This laptop came extremely well packaged with decent documentation. Start up went quickly and easily. Keyboard feels good after a little bit of typing. The touch pad works well. Have only had it for a couple of days.
The display is nice. I am not an expert on displays so all I can do is describe it in generalities. Nice color representations not any noticeable blurring of moving images. One big bright white pixel ruins it for me. I know one pixel is really not that big but it sure stands out.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's a great computer. The only drawback is Windows 8. Fortunately I found a small add-on program that restores the Windows 7 desktop.Published on November 2, 2013 by Joseph S Swinglish
everything works great but its not the model that it says and for all that looks to be the only problem.Published on May 6, 2013 by Angel D. Discua
I originally purchased this laptop due to research I had done on several models by several manufacturers and the fact that my HP Pavilion died on me as they have on many others... Read morePublished on May 5, 2013 by greg peterson
Been using this as a mobile editing box. The quad core is really the deal maker on this. Pick up the caddy for a secondary HD and pickup an SSD addon because, as with most mobile... Read morePublished on April 30, 2013 by Greg Daniels
This laptop is just perfect. Very efficient, fast, great space and just awesome. Everything about it is great, the finish, the keyboard, screen, battery. Read morePublished on April 8, 2013 by Daniel Bastidas
This computer just works. I am not a demanding but this computer has all that I need.
1. Enough memory for Windows8 to operate smoothly.
2. Read more
I love the laptop. As soon as I figure out how to work with Windows 8, I'll love the program.Published on February 6, 2013 by James Blumer
Very nice looking laptop.
The only reason why I gave it a 4 was because of the battery life and Windows 8
The battery life isnt too bad, but I expected a lot better... Read more
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.