Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on November 30, 2012
I fell in love with this laptop as soon as it started up!
It's nice and lightweight, doesn't overheat fast, and starts up quickly.
It's my first Toshiba and I'm completely satisfied with it.

The only thing that seems a bit backwards is when using the "F" keys ie. F5, F8 etc, you have to hold the "FN" or Function button and then whichever F key you want. I learned this the hard way by disabling my track pad accidentally!

Aside from that it's great. I was surprised that there was no removable battery pack, which probably is the reason it's so light! It has a nice long battery life when not plugged in and keeps up its speed.

A huge bonus is one of the USB ports will still charge your accessories while the computer is in sleep mode. Very handy!!
I'm not missing NOT having a cd drive, I still have my old laptop in case I need to burn anything.

My canon printer and all other accessories have been able to sync up fine via USB connections without any additional installation issues.

I've had it for a little over a month, so I'm sure there's still tons to find out about it but so far so good, I highly recommend it!
on December 31, 2012
If what you really do with your laptop is check out websites and your e-mails, download and manage music (that's what I do the most) and maybe some social networking, this one is for you. I'm not into video games, maybe hard core gamers need much more, but I don't. Yes, we all would like to have the last thing out there. For example, I was considering one with Windows 8, but if you think about it, then you would have to upgrade programs you already have like Windows 7-compatible Microsoft Office and maybe buy another printer and who knows what else. Honestly, if you just can't spend $100 more in a new computer, this one is perfect.

My former laptop was a 12" Toshiba Satellite but I bought it in 2007. It never crashed or gave me any kind of problem at all, it just felt behind. So I always thought of replacing it with another Toshiba because I trust the brand. I was worried with the size difference (12" vs 14"), but it's so lightweight it's not an issue. And it's so, so fast I love it.

It's an Ultrabook so they don't come with CD/DVD Drives anymore, but I think that's the main reason why they're so light and slender. So I bought Toshiba Portable SuperMulti Drive PA3834U-1DV2 and problem solved. You know you don't use it everyday, so why carry it everyday?

I like the tile keyboard but I guess I have to get used to it because I mispelled more often. And the mouse pad is giant compare to what I had before, also something to get used to. It doesn't have separate bottons for right and left click and that's giving me a hard time. It's like I lose control of the pointer sometimes when I click.

Battery life it's amazing. I couln't believe it but it's true, it lasts a little over 7 hours unplugged. A huge difference compared to my old one. 3 USB, one of them allows you to keep charging even in sleep mode. And now, instead of using a thick and heavy VGA/audio cable to transfer image on screen to my TV, I can use HDMI for better quality.

I bought it almost a month ago and so far so good. I highly recommend it!
on January 22, 2014
I bought this laptop because I thought it had everything I wanted for the right price. I really wanted a Dell but couldn't afford a similar ultrabook from them for the price. I would definitely rethink that methodology now. The keys are not backlit, so remember to buy yourself a desk lamp or skip using this if its dark. Also forget burning a CD or restoring your hard drive with a reboot disk - no CD, no dice. Also the sound is terrible. Forget streaming a video or listening to itunes, you can't hear it unless your on top of it if there's any background noise at all you will not hear it, buy some speakers or put in your ear buds, which is a pain. I should have paid more attention to these little items because they are more important than you might realize. But that's not what you should look out for. The worst part is that with very limited use (this is a personal laptop that I might use only a few times a week because I'm on a computer all day long for my job) - the worst part is that every time I use it, it locks up. You never know when its gonna happen and the only remedy is reboot. Then after about 10 months of owning this machine which I rarely use due the issues listed above, all of a sudden shutting down the laptop results in a reboot. A reboot is great if you never, ever, ever want to shut your machine down but that's not always the case. I've tried every possible way to shut down this machine but it simply reboots no matter what I do. I'm calling in Toshiba customer service to see if they will do something for me, I will update if there is a positive response. Based upon these things, I would not recommend or buy this machine again, sorry but its not worth the hassle.
on December 6, 2012
I was looking for a Windows 7 laptop with good memory, storage and options. I found the Toshiba Satellite to be perfect. This is a secondary laptop for the household so I didn't want all the extras on it. It could use a better mouse pad area but most laptops could. Works great with a wireless external mouse. Good size, super light weight, great for average use.
on January 21, 2013
I've just used it for a few days but so far very happy. The greatest thing about this computer is it's weight. It is very light and easy to carry around. I had a netbook before but decided to go for something bigger but still wanted something very portable. I don't need the dvd so I don't miss it. We use it mostly for Word and internet and it's pretty fast. Easy to set up. Only thing I don't like is the mouse buttons. They are hard to click - especially right click. Other than that after adjusting the mouse speed, the mouse pad responds pretty well to my movements. People complained about the keyboard but it works fine for me.
on January 9, 2013
Ordered this for my wife right before Christmas. It's an excellent machine. Light, plenty powerful for her needs, runs cool, wi-fi much better than the Acer it replaced. Though not quite as good as my MacBook Pro's, the touch pad is large and even understands a number of gestures after installing an updated Synaptics driver. Only minor complaint I have is that the keyboard is a little stiff. I even bought a nice blue mCover for it and it's still small enough to share the same carrying case with the MacBook. She's happy, I'm happy. I would buy it again.
on March 4, 2013
I use this for work several hours a day and it runs great! This is my second Toshiba. I was satisifed with the first one so I thought I should stick to the same brand. I've purchased nothing but big and bulky laptops in the past. I have to lug around my laptop for work all the time. I decided this time to purchase something smaller and lighter. I love how thin the ultrabook is. The screen is a decent size. There's no CD drive in this one, but I just bought an external one. I rarely use it anyway, so that's not an issue for me. Highly recommended!
on August 5, 2013
Pro's - light weight, good battery life, can carry it easily in a bag. Worth for the price.
Con's - doesn't have a CD drive,but that's the reason it's light weight, the speakers are not all that great, keyboard isn't with a back light.
If you want a light weight laptop then this is a good product if the cons don't matter much to you.
on May 17, 2013
I loved the look and feel of this computer but within minutes of booting it up the edges of the keyboard starting curling up and this continued to get worse as computer was used. We had to return it.
on September 14, 2014
was refurbished, and the info said was used, there were many troubles with the machine, the ventilator doesnt work, so I throw it to the thrash, really bad product

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.