Toshiba 16Gb Class 10 Secure Digital High Capacity Card (THNSH016GTRT)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 16GB Capacity
- Class 10 speed rating
- Write-protect feature prevents accidental overwrites
- Toshiba 5-Year Limited Warranty
- SDHC Devices
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
I tested the Toshiba card using three benchmark programs. Here are my results:
- According to "H2testw v1.4" (which measure sequential read/write speed of 1GB files), this card has a Write speed of 10.4MB/s and Read speed of 16.3MB/s
- "CrystalDiskMark v3.01" reported Sequential Write speed of 11.96MB/s and Read speed of 18.09MB/s
- "Flash Memory Toolkit 2.00" reported 1.7MB/s when writing files of 1MB each. 7.9MB/s when writing 10MB files.
To qualify as 'class-10', a card has to sustain a minimum sequential write speed of 10MB/s. This Toshiba card does meet the requirement according to my first two benchmark results. However, its performance pales in comparison to all my other class-10 and even some class-6 SDHC cards. For examples:
- Transcend Class 6 SDHC: 15.6MB/s in Sequential Write, 21.8MB/s Read
- Transcend Class 10 SDHC (TS32GSDHC10E): 16.8MB/s Write, 21.7MB/s Read
- Transcend Class 10 UHS SDHC TS32GSDU1: 29.0MB/s Write, 34.Read more ›
New class 10 Toshiba 32gb Write 7.7 and read 13.5
Older class 6 Transcend 8gb card Write 10.7 and Read 19.6
Does this really matter in real world camera performance probably not. Though if you got this card to also do file transfers there are better/faster options.
I highly recommend this item to anyone you won't be disappointed!
Overall score A+ no problems at all!
|Length: 1:04 Mins|
♦ Great for single photo shooting, sluggish with high burst speeds at higher res.
♦ Sluggish with high res video, better with medium and low res.
♦ Has a locking slide.
♦ Price is great for everday usage or backup/extra.
♦ For simple data storage, works great.
♦ Watch the end of the video for the storage and transfer rates since Amazon is going to delete all customer photos.
► I have had this card in/out of two cameras and my computer about two dozen times and so far, no problems. Writing big files at fast speeds usually gives me the "Waiting....." signal on my Canon. I prefer using cheap cards as my everyday cards and using my fancier cards for more important stuff.
► The video is shot using the card (I have two) and a cheaper camera because of the humidity that morning.
If this is the cheapest memory at the time your buying, you'll do fine. If it's not the cheapest, then buy something else.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great at a great price. Gave me more room than I expected to needPublished 16 months ago by David W Edwards
works good. might not be as fast as stated..Can't keep up with the video recording on my Canon T3iPublished 19 months ago by KL
Great card i am running it in a GoPro Hero 1 with no issues.Published 21 months ago by 2 Trail Hikers
It's good and reliable working even after a year from the purchase date and constant using (you know how flash memory cards are sensitive). Read morePublished on June 19, 2014 by Alex