Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Total Gut Balance: Fix Your Mycobiome Fast for Complete Digestive Wellness Hardcover – Illustrated, December 24, 2019
|New from||Used from|
Books with Buzz
Discover the latest buzz-worthy books, from mysteries and romance to humor and nonfiction. Explore more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
Get dietician-tested strategies and recipes for improving your gut health fast
Broccoli Black Bean Quesadillas
Cauli-Brussels Chicken Tikka Masala
Zucchini and Corn Pizza
Very Berry Smoothie
Scallops with Pea Puree
Serves 4; Time: 30 minutes
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the oil. Add the scallops. Don’t move them until they are a golden brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip them once and cook until the other side is also golden-brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Boil water in a large saucepan. Add the frozen peas and blanch them for 3 minutes. Drain and add the peas to a food processor along with the avocado, water, and salt. Pulse until the mixture is thick and creamy (add more water if it is too thick).
- Divide the puree between four shallow bowls. Top with the scallops and garnish with chives.
Scallops are incredibly high in protein and they help naturally lower cholesterol. Serve them on a bed of pea puree for a touch of sweetness, and finish it all off with freshly chopped chives for an elegant presentation. For a plant- based version, see the recipe notes.
Plant based variation:
In place of scallops, cut extra-firm tofu into scallop-sized circles or use canned sliced hearts of palm. Toss either with the juice from one fresh lime and a sprinkle of kelp flakes. Cook the tofu as you would the scallops. For the hearts of palm, just arrange the marinated slices over the pea puree. (The hearts of palm version will not be warm—the final dish will be more like a salad.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (not extra-virgin) or grapeseed oil
- 1 pound scallops (any size you prefer)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives for garnish
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
About the Author
Mahmoud Ghannoum, PhD, director of the Center for Medical Mycology at Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, studies Crohn’s disease, cancer, and heart disease. He has been featured by Forbes, NPR’s Tech Nation, MindBodyGreen, Well + Good, Goop, and other outlets.
Health writer Eve Adamson has collaborated on more than ten best-selling books including The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life and Metabolism Revolution.
- Item Weight : 1.97 pounds
- Hardcover : 336 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1682683680
- ISBN-13 : 978-1682683682
- Dimensions : 7.4 x 1.1 x 9.4 inches
- Publisher : Countryman Press; Illustrated edition (December 24, 2019)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #121,269 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Good news: Gut fungi respond quickly and dramatically to dietary and lifestyle changes. Within 24 hours, you can remake your mycobiome, supporting a path to weight loss, better digestion, and more energy. Alongside this accessible gut science, Ghannoum outlines fast changes for fostering healthy fungi as well as 7- and 20-day diet plans, with more than 50 dietician-tested recipes, to cultivate a thriving mycobiome and methods for tweaking your lifestyle for long-term gut health.
The book comes with Dr. Ghannoum’s favorite healthy gut recipes and how simple small changes can lead to better health in as little as 24 hours. If you have digestive difficulties you can take your health back and get on a path to more energy, weight loss, and better digestion.