Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 110 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 128 reviews
on December 29, 2013
If you want to know more about the secrets of juicing from the past, then learn about it from the LaLanne family. Jack and his wife revolutionized this industry. Half of the book they share their knowledge about the history and secrets of fresh fruits and vegetables. They tell you in detail why each fruit and vegetable is good or bad for you. The other half of the book is dedicated to recipes. It's good to learn from the past and expand on to your future. I recommend this book for any juicer or health conscious individual. I think this book in conjunction with Reboot with Joe's stuff is excellent.
on October 4, 2013
This book is one of the earlier juicing books by Jack LaLanne and his wife, Elaine. It doesn't just give random recipes, it gives the basics of juicing, why it makes sense and how it can save you money. Then it goes into how to choose a juicer, how to use juicing to prevent Cancer, heart disease, and high cholesterol. It gives recipes on juicing to lose weight, gain healthy weight, recipes for children, seniors, active people, and recharging your battery. And that's only the beginning. This book is 232 pages packed solid with important information. Everyone trying to improve their health the natural way should have it.
on January 25, 2013
I have been, like the late Jack LaLanne was at one point, a sugarholic. I've been looking for ways to lose all the weight I've put on because of all of that sugar I've consumed, and I've been looking into juicing as a result, and I wanted to buy just one book about juicing. I've listened to Stu's Show for about 3 years now and Jack LaLanne, before and since his passing, was an advertiser, and I remembered Elaine's book, Total Juicing, being mentioned a lot.

So, I got it, and started reading, and was totally blown away by what I saw inside that book. I shan't spoil any of the details, but I learned more than a few things from this book. Please, whoever's in charge, please make a Kindle version available!
on May 2, 2017
LOVE this book and the recipes. I have a few books too, I love this one.
on March 10, 2013
I really wanted something more with pictures too. I know that sounds stupid, But I want to know what it is going to look like. Some people in my family will NOT drink some drink based on what it LOOKS like. Me....I love the drinks and will try anything because I know what is in there LOL. It does have a lot of recipes in there, but it does not warn you about drinking too much beet juice. It should have warnings.
It does give you the benefits for each drink, which I really like.
on December 23, 2009
I'm finding this book to be practical and straight forward. The well thought out format provides simple location to specific health care needs. It offers a wealth of information in layman's terms. For the new "juicer" this is a good resource for how to get started and educating yourself for better health. Counsel on food combinations to address certain health needs is well thought out. Discussions regarding types of juicers and care and maintance makes it an invaluable resource. Due to the publication date of the book, there have been advancements in the nutritional information which makes this resource limited, but valid just the same. I highly recommend this book to anyone. The author's own health and long life makes this book speak for itself.
on April 29, 2014
Juicing is a new thing for me, but this book was very helpful in putting me on the right track to get started. We started using it to get more vitamins into a cancer patient who was having difficultly eating meals. He'll drink some of the fruit concoctions, however, and we've got lots of choices to keep him interested. It also gives you good hints on juicing in general, caring for the juicer - and even choosing a juicer. Had I gotten it before I got our juicer, I definitely would have used it to help me make the choice. I'd recommend it to others.
on December 26, 2013
I bought this book so I could start juicing and being healthier. I have a friend who juices all the time, to keep the energy up, so he is able to keep going each day. I would recommend this book to all who want to do the healthy thing. I only wish I could afford to get Jack LaLaines juicer, and another book, or an e-book to download. I would recommend it to my friends.
on May 20, 2011
My parents were friends with Elaine LaLanne back in the day in Los Angeles. I met her late husband Jack at our house one day and extend my condolences to his passing. I was too young that day to know I was in the presence of two powerhouse health legends! Today Elaine not only looks fabulous but her continued dedication to health through exercise, juicing and positive thinking is an inspiration to me. This is my second copy of this book, I spilled so much juice and "stuff" on my first copy it was time for a new one!
on April 1, 2013
This recipe book is fabulous for juicing. The recipes are great and easy. I haven't had much good luck with using the pulp in other recipes but for juicing best book out there in my opinion.