Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai Collection [Online Game Code]
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on May 30, 2013
I have not played the base version of TW:S2 so this is based of my experience with FotS.

I'm usually not interested in DLC since it takes quite a bit for a game to hold my attention for that long. I am glad I grabbed the DLC for this one though as there are not that many playable clans in the base version (3 Shogun, 3 Imperial).

The main menu is for both the base game and Fall of the Samurai, so you will see the option to play the base game grayed out if you only have FotS.

The last Total War game I played was Rome, so I've missed out on all the improvements since then. I jumped in without a tutorial on easy and needed to restart once I knew what was going on. Even then, I'm glad I played on easy because there were unforeseen circumstances to some of the choices I was making.

There are obviously major changes to this game, but I'd say the most noticeable for me are the changes to the turn/year ratio. In Rome: TW, having a lineage was very important because your generals would die out and their children would take over. In FotS, the timeline is at most 20 years, so lineage is not as important. But I would not say the game is any shorter because a year is now 24 turns, 6 turns per season.

I don't have a huge interest in the setting since I know very little about the subject, but that did not take away from any of the fun.
on June 26, 2013
I am quite pleased with the Total war series. My only heartburn is the add-on packs that keep being introduced for additional purchases.

The game has different levels of complexity and there is an element of strategy that needs to used so as not to be destroyed early on.
on February 8, 2013
This is my 2nd favorite in the whole total war series(first was Rome). Especially due to the fact that its based in Japan. Samurai's, cavalry, gatling guns, cannons and Ironsides. What more can you ask for in a total war game? The performance has improved drastically from recent total war games. There is also some artillery units you can directly control. Recommend this to any fan of the total war series.
on December 30, 2013
Shogun 2 and FotS are the most polished games of the Total War series. While many may not like the setting compared to more Eurocentric ones. This is a fantastic game.
on February 3, 2013
I like how it tests the mind...excellent. Expansion pack really adds a lot to this game. Look forward to more play!
on February 8, 2013
If you love strategy, if you love swords, if you love the dawn of the gunpowder age, you will love this game. Great in campaign single player mode or against live opponents through Steam. Awesome game, five for five in my opinion.
on February 1, 2013
i bout the game to play it online but i just cant stop playing campaign mode
the only things i would change about the game is
the map size like finding a way to make other countries join the war
defenetly unlock all clans
on March 26, 2013
It made me tears inside at the all the pretty I saw infront of me
It was like woah, and I took that woah and forged it into a thing of legend.
on May 7, 2013
I liked the game but I found it a little repetitive. Also, I didnt like the fact that there was a time limit to accomplish conquest.
on April 3, 2014