Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 710 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 741 reviews
on April 4, 2014
This kit is excellent. It has several ways to mount the Roku. Looks great, works great.

BUT - In the end, I had to mount it to my TV using velcro tape. the options to mount with this unit did not work with my TV (65 inch).

So - yes - exactly - why not just put velcro tape on the back of the Roku and some on the top or side of the TV?

You won't see the mount or the velcro. Also, you'll want to contain the cords with velcro loops.

Product is great - but use velcro. Good luck.
66 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2014
I recently upgraded my old Roku XD to a Roku 3, a device which is not much larger than the palm of my hand. I have two young children, so preventing electronics clutter is part of the parental strategy at the house for keeping equipment from being damaged or destroyed. The TotalMount works exactly as advertised - the Roku 3 is mounted safely behind the television out of sight from young eyes, preventing it from being a target for grabby little hands. The package comes with the mount itself, in which the Roku rests snugly, along with several clips for hanging the mount from the ventilation holes on the back of the television (the company is very generous with the hanging clips - my package came with four of each type for televisions with horizontal, vertical or circular or otherwise irregularly shaped vent holes). The three cables which the Roku uses to function - ethernet, HDMI and power - all come neatly through the bottom of the mount and can still be easily connected with the Roku in the mount. Hiding the Roku box behind the TV has absolutely no adverse effect on the function of the remote. A cliché to say so, but I'll say it regardless: just what I was looking for.
review image
on August 13, 2016
I wouldn't waste my money on this product. I was new to Roku and bought everything I thought I needed. This product won't fit my tv properly. The remote wouldn't read it from behind my tv if I used the clamps and I really don't want to screw it into a wall (another option). Normally, I like things neat & tidy, but the Roku is so small it fits anywhere, so why bother with a mount? Save your money. Returning it would cost me $6 for shipping, and I'm a prime member. It's not worth it, so I canceled my return and now I'm stuck with it. I'll ask around, eventually I'll find someone who'll want it and give it away.
on July 31, 2015
A relatively useless product. Simply mount your Roku to the back of your TV using Command strips instead.

No idea why I purchased this product. I found that the focus on using vent holes as a mounting location lead to a very over engineered product. I threw it in the trash and went the Velcro route instead. Plus using it adds to the depth of your TV. Not by much, but if using a non-articulating wall mount, every millimeter counts.

Nothing against the sellers. I purchased it as an impulse buy when planning to mount a bunch of TVs in our new home.
on June 28, 2017
Can you believe that I have my Roku box on the back side of my flat screen mounted with the adhesive and the remote still works? Yes, this little box hold the Roku just fine. The TV doesn't overheat, so the adhesive doesn't heat up either making it gooey. Also, if I had the vents that on the back it would work there too. Because it is only holding the Roku box. This is good for me. Oh my. I am ordering this for the other TVs too.
on May 1, 2017
I had to return mine because it didn't work with my setup. It didn't fit properly in the vents on the back of my television and it's almost guaranteed not to work with RF remotes because of the lack of line-of-sight. It did come with some double-stick tape to attach it when, I presume, the vent hooks aren't compatible. This is a big no-no for me though.
on June 1, 2016
This device seems like a good idea but the truth is, simple Velcro works just as well unless you want to use the little hanging clips that hopefully fit into the speaker grooves on the back of your TV set. If they do, it hangs there somewhat loosely. the instructions tell you to try the three different ones provided and see what works. If it doesn't - which was my case with a Visio TV - you use the adhesive clips that you stick on your TV set, which then clip into the holder. then I realized using Velcro would work just as well, unless you hate the idea of putting a piece of Velcro on the back of your Roku device. Since this is sold on Amazon, you can give it a try and see if it fits - if not, just return it and use Velcro to attach your device to your TV set. If you use the holder, you make the Roku device thicker, and if your TV is wall mounted, you might not have the room for that extra thickness. I give it two stars because it's cheap and it might work for some.
on September 28, 2016
Love this Item! I use it on my kitchen TV to keep my Roku off the counter so that the Roku doesn't get wet. Also, there is just enough space between the Roku box and the TV so that I can loop the cable and the electrical cord around the Roku box and keep them off the counter, as well as keep things looking more tidy. Am going to purchase a second holder for the Roku on the TV in the bedroom.
on February 28, 2017
The idea is a good one, but the hooks provided did not work with the vents on my Visio tv, so I improvised and used industrial strength Velcro and stuck it to the back of my tv.. works well, but will have to find a way to cut a slot on the side so I can fit a usb stick to the Roku box to watch other movies
on June 23, 2015
I bought 2 of these and two of the other style (with adhesive arm) Total Mounts. This does hold various Rokus and expands sideways to be able to hold the slightly larger Roku HD. I hoped I'd be able to use this style with my Roku 3 since it's tucked behind the tv and you don't need line of site to the Roku 3 to use its remote. Upon reading the instructions (THIS IS NOT POSTED ON THE SALES PAGE) it advises you not to use this style if you have very high ceilings (the remote signal needs to be able to bounce off the ceiling). I have very high ceilings but decided to give it a try anyway. Luckily in my case the signal gets to the Roku 3 just fine. Good thing it did, because I bought this in the U.S. and took them with me to my home outside the U.S. Returns were going to be a hassle!
With this style you clip the holder to the vents on the back of your tv. My Samsung has neither round, horizontal, nor vertical slits. Mine look more like crescents but the actual opening to expel air is tucked UP above the visible crescent indentations. I discovered if I clipped the "C" labled hooks (there are 3 different type hooks included to accommodate different slits) upside down on the hook receiver on the base I could get them in the slits on my tv and because the hooks more less click into the Total Mount I'm not worried about the hooks separating from the base.