Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 289 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 295 reviews
on September 24, 2016
this ladle has glued pieces of bamboo. Pieces started falling apart within few days of use. Quality is cheap. Do not buy!!!!
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 3, 2016
My husband didn't think we needed to replace our old warped and melted plastic cooking spoon, but after using this bamboo spoon it's literally his favorite cooking utensil. We may never go back to using plastic or metal again. Unlike plastic spoons, we don't have to worry about it melting and chipping. And unlike metal, we don't have to worry about scratching our pots and pans.

This bamboo spoon is also the perfect length. Not too long that it's difficult to handle and not too short that it would burn your hands while cooking. The bamboo itself is high quality and very beautiful. We've had it for several months and it hasn't changed in any way. And unlike other wooden utensils, it hasn't split at all. It also has a little hole at the end of its handle so you can conveniently hang it near your cooking station.
on December 14, 2016
Update - After using the server for pasta I find that it is pretty well useless for that. The "bowl" is too shallow and the "fingers" are too thick to really grab the pasta strands like a traditional metal or plastic server. I have relegated mine to the washing machine top where it now serves to pull out laundry that is stuck to the top of the front loader washing drum. The server is able to do this decently and is long enough to reach in easily..
on March 24, 2017
I bought both the solid and slotted spoon. The spoons are a great size, shape, and weight. I'm quite disappointed with the slotted spoon. I received it yesterday and as I was towel drying it after washing it so I could begin using it, I accidentally dropped it onto my tile floor and a piece of the bowl broke off at one of the outermost slots. I didn't expect it to be so fragile, and although I'm not usually clumsy, drops happen. Just to see, I got one of my cheap bamboo spoons that I'd bought at the grocery, held it over my head, and dropped it. It had no damage at all. It wasn't slotted, though. I assume the slots make it weaker, but it might have also been something with the particular spoon I received. My only disappointment with the solid spoon, which I'd received a couple of days earlier, is how quickly a spot burned and turned black while using it with a hot cast iron pan. I'm not sure what happened and maybe it was my fault, but it now looks kind of ugly in my countertop canister. I didn't notice any warnings on the packaging about the propensity for scorching, but I can't say that I looked closely at it. So, just a warning to others to be very careful if a scorched spot would bother you or if you might drop one of these.
on May 28, 2017
I've only been in love with a few utensils in my time--tere was a cutting board back in '85 that I thought I could never live without, then I fell in love with a grater in '02. He was nothing special, but there was something about the way we grated cheese together that I'll never forget. Now, for the third time, I am in love with this ladle. I never thought, and I have purchased tons of bamboo utensils, that one could ever feel so solid and well made. Kudos to you, Totally Bamboo for this heavy duty lovely. The only drawback, if there ever could be one is that I'm left handed and it's clearly made for right handed people. I hope it doesn't effect our long term relationship......
on December 17, 2015
Solid, smooth, sophisticated and sleek. Yes you too can experience these dynamics with this bamboo spoon. Cleans well also.

Very high quality imho.

I know this sounds like a review for a sports car huh?

Nope just an awesome bamboo spoon. Couldn't live without it.
on March 17, 2011
I really needed a ladle that wouldn't scrape my enameled iron pots which I use often. It took a lot of looking.

This is truly a nice deep ladle made in layered bamboo. It pours well. Made to last, it's well finished with a very nice handle.

Many bamboo implements are shallow, which is OK if you want that, but for deeper shaped implements, this bamboo implement company exceeded my expectations. I realized after searching stores and the internet, in order to get the depth I was looking for in a bamboo spoon(sep order) or bamboo ladle, I couldn't get out of paying more.

After ordering by the pictures and description, when I opened the box, I was relieved to see the ladle was beautiful. The separate spoon I bought from them also had the same high quality for bamboo.
on April 16, 2014
I bought this because I have enameled cast iron, and try to avoid using wood as much as possible since it is not always sustainably harvested. (And bamboo grows like a weed so can be very sustainably grown, plus is just as safe to use with enameled cookware or any cookware you don't want to scratch up.) This is the only bamboo spaghetti/noodle server I've come across as of yet. The first I thing I did upon receipt of this spaghetti server was wash it, dry it, and oil it (with cold-pressed, unrefined, virgin coconut oil). Usage went fairly well, with one caveat: it will not lift hefty amounts of spaghetti like traditional servers. It will lift much smaller quantities. However, we were happy with how it worked considering we had nothing prior to this.

I was disappointed by two things: the handle with the hole in it (splintery) and the prongs that catch the spaghetti (another area in between prongs was splintery). This is not wood, so they could at least smooth and finish the product to perfection before selling it at market. Disappointing lack of quality control, for sure.

On the other hand, the weight for bamboo is actually pretty impressive. It's heavier and has a denser/more durable feel to it. But whether this will hold up, only time will tell. If you are looking to buy a spaghetti server and need a non-scratch material, I have to suggest passing this one by (the quality is just not up to par yet) and going with a good wood brand instead.
on March 17, 2015
Bought this because I needed a pasta scoop, and the bamboo goes with the stuff in my kitchen. This is more of a paddle with notches on the side, rather than a deeper scoop that I'm used to. I tried it in lieu of just rejecting it because it was different. It works better than a utensil without notches, but for serving, I prefer the deeper ones.
on April 16, 2014
The handle is straight (it's bamboo, so what can one expect?) unlike most ladles that are designed to have a bit of a curve in the handle. This could possibly cause some wrist strain for people with arthritis, but since bamboo is generally a lot lighter than other materials (thick stainless steel or wood) I wouldn't worry about that.

Heft is great! I am very happy with the pour spout. The only improvement would be to have one on both sides instead of just one, but it's also good as-is. It has a very attractive ladle, with the way the striping is designed it looks more like wood than bamboo. And it's heavier than other brands of bamboo utensils that I own (I have two other brands). Thus it feels like it will last far longer and put up with more abuse.

The inside of the ladle dipper holds just what we expected - standard large ladle size. This is the only bamboo ladle I have been able to find. I do recommend this one! I tried the spaghetti server from the same brand though and the quality was not up to par. Make sure you check the hole in the handle for splintering/rough hewn bamboo. My ladle didn't have any, but my spaghetti server did.