Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Totally Bamboo Pro Board Long Bamboo Carving and Cutting Board, 22" x 16" x 2"
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Whether for the holidays, a summer barbecue or just a delicious shared meal, this beautiful extra-large bamboo board is big enough for any carving job; built-in handles make it easy to carry the board from the kitchen to the table
- Slice into juicy meats or fruits while keeping the countertop and table clean; deep groove runs along the interior edge of the board to collect excess juices
- Parquet end-grain bamboo surface is outstanding for knives and provides an ideal cutting and chopping surface; non-skid feet keep the board firmly in place for precise cuts
- Easy care: simply hand wash or wipe with a damp cloth; do not soak in water or wash in the dishwasher
- Bamboo is better for the environment; Moso bamboo is an incredibly durable material and it is a renewable resource which grows quickly and doesn’t require pesticides, clear cutting, artificial irrigation or replanting
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
The Totally Bamboo Way. Do the world a favor & do bamboo.
Our Belief in Design, Quality & Construction.
Design and function are a top priority at Totally Bamboo; All of our designs are manufactured by highly skilled craftsmen who utilize traditional woodworking skills along with cutting edge engineering and machinery.
∆ Color of Bamboo: We do not use artificial dyes or stains. Our bamboo comes in two colors, light and dark. (Note: Light is the natural color of the bamboo. Dark is a richer, honey color, which is achieved by cooking or steaming the bamboo, and caramelizes the natural sugars in the fiber. This color is permanent and will not fade or wash out).
- Grain of Bamboo: There are three types: Vertical grain, Flat grain and End grain. (Note: Vertical grain is approximately 1/4" wide and is taken from the side of the split pole. Flat grain is approximately 5/8" wide and is taken from the face of the pole. End grain is the cross section of the pole).
- Adhesives in our bamboo: We had a chemist develop a high grade, non-toxic, FDA approved, food safe glue which we use exclusively in the manufacturing of all our bamboo products.
And then in addition to the high standards for design and engineering, our factories adhere to stringent protocol, for curing and processing of the raw bamboo, resulting in the highest quality product attainable. We only use premium grade bamboo and then, only the lower portion of the pole due to its increased density. The forests from which we source our bamboo are designated for commercial harvesting and not a food source or habitat for the wild Great Panda. And because the welfare of our planet and the animals and people on it are our top priority, we partner with factories that are ISO 9001 compliant - a rating system which monitors non-polluting environmental issues and employee welfare, safety and minimum age.
Our Totally Bamboo Legacy.
Many years ago, in a nook in the 'NoHo' Arts District of North Hollywood, California, Tom Sullivan & Joanne Chen owned and operated a small design and manufacturing studio. Their focus was on the design and manufacture of luxury customized director chairs for the movie industry. In their quest for a lighter weight, but sturdy and durable chair, they experimented with bamboo, long known for its strength to weight ratio. The resulting chair was not only lighter but substantially stronger than the oak originally used for their director’s chairs.
Intrigued with this renewable, ecologically friendly material, as well their desire to use every scrap from the manufacturing of the chairs, they set out to design various houseware products using their 'engineered bamboo'. In doing so, the world's first bamboo cutting board was developed! Bamboo, they discovered, is harder than maple, making it the perfect cutting board surface.
Shortly thereafter, Totally Bamboo was born. Launching as the premiere manufacturer for bamboo houseware products; offering everything from cutting & serving boards, salad bowls, salt boxes, cooking & serving utensils to the original Hollywood chairs.
Totally Bamboo has changed the way the world uses bamboo, as a viable alternative to our precious hardwood trees.
No old growth forests are touched.
No trees are cut.
Our Totally (Moso) Bamboo.
Bamboo is 16% harder than maple wood (commonly used for cutting boards), 33% lighter weight than oak and yet can be as strong as steel. It holds the promise of a sustainable, cost effective, durable and ecologically responsible alternative to a material that is a bi-product of widespread clear cutting of old growth, hard wood forests.
Bamboo is a grass which grows to a harvestable height of 60 feet in three to five years; growing as much as two feet per day! The extensive root system stabilizes the ground in which it grows and continually sends up new shoots, naturally replenishing itself. Bamboo does not require replanting after harvest, making it one of the most renewable resources in the world. Moso, the bamboo species used at Totally Bamboo, can be re-harvested every 4 ½ years, compared to the 30-60 year growth cycle for most hard woods.
Totally Bamboo products are made from a bamboo commonly referred to as Moso, which is grown 500k west of Shanghai in China. This region has a temperate climate which is optimal for slower growing bamboo and therefor produces a much denser, harder and more durable stalk. This type of bamboo absorbs very little moisture and consequently reduces shrinkage or swelling in the finished product, making it a superior material for cutting boards and other kitchen and household items.
Our Totally Bamboo Customer Satisfaction Promise.
When you order a Totally Bamboo product, be sure it is authentic! Look for our logo which is permanently laser etched into almost every item. While our products are manufactured in China, our headquarters and warehouses are located in San Marcos, California, and everything ships from this location! Do not be fooled by products which claim to be made by Totally Bamboo, that look similar to ours or have packaging that resembles ours.
We believe in taking care of our customers – your support and loyalty is critical to our success! We provide exemplary customer service, putting us above the competition. We stand by the quality of our products and we will do whatever it takes to make you happy if you have an issue. This is the basis of our customer satisfaction policy and we look forward to providing you with beautiful, durable and functional bamboo products for your entire home.