Totally Bamboo Bar Keeper's Salt Box, Bamboo Container With Magnetic Lid For Secure Storage, Fits Most Cocktail Glasses
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Totally Bamboo Barkeeper's Salt Box is beautiful and function; the perfect bar accessory for crafting cocktails that call for a garnished rim
- Large bowl accommodates standard sized margarita or martini glasses; lid design makes for easy one-handed operation
- Small magnets on base and lid ensure a secure closure so contents are fresh and protected; measures 5 1/2" diameter by 1 3/8" high
- Bamboo is one of the most renewable resources in the world; Made of Moso bamboo which is known for its strength, density and high quality
- Hand wash with warm water and mild detergent
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – 100% Satisfaction Replacement Warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Our Belief in Design, Quality & Construction
Design and function are a top priority at Totally Bamboo; All of our designs are manufactured by highly skilled craftsmen who utilize traditional woodworking skills along with cutting edge engineering and machinery.
- The Color of Bamboo: We do not use artificial dyes or stains. Our bamboo comes in two colors, light and dark. (Note: Light is the natural color of the bamboo. Dark is a richer, honey color, which is achieved by cooking or steaming the bamboo, and caramelizes the natural sugars in the fiber. This color is permanent and will not fade or wash out).
- Grain of Bamboo: There are three types: Vertical grain, Flat grain and End grain. (Note: Vertical grain is approximately 1/4" wide and is taken from the side of the split pole. Flat grain is approximately 5/8" wide and is taken from the face of the pole. End grain is the cross section of the pole).
- Adhesives in our bamboo: We had a chemist develop a high grade, non-toxic, FDA approved, food safe glue which we use exclusively in the manufacturing of all our bamboo products.
In addition to the high standards for design and engineering, our factories adhere to stringent protocol, for curing and processing of the raw bamboo, resulting in the highest quality product attainable. We only use premium grade bamboo and then, only the lower portion of the pole due to its increased density. The forests from which we source our bamboo are designated for commercial harvesting and not a food source or habitat for the wild Great Panda. And because the welfare of our planet and the animals and people on it are our top priority, we partner with factories that are ISO 9001 compliant - a rating system which monitors non-polluting environmental issues and employee welfare, safety and minimum age.
Our Totally Bamboo Family
Many years ago, in a nook in the 'NoHo' Arts District of North Hollywood, California, Tom Sullivan & Joanne Chen owned and operated a small design and manufacturing studio. Their focus was on the design and manufacture of luxury customized director chairs for the movie industry. In their quest for a lighter weight, but sturdy and durable chair, they experimented with bamboo, long known for its strength to weight ratio. The resulting chair was not only lighter but substantially stronger than the oak originally used for their director’s chairs.
Intrigued with this renewable, ecologically friendly material, as well their desire to use every scrap from the manufacturing of the chairs, they set out to design various houseware products using their 'engineered bamboo'. In doing so, the world's first bamboo cutting board was developed! Bamboo, they discovered, is harder than maple, making it the perfect cutting board surface.
Shortly thereafter, Totally Bamboo was born. Launching as the premiere manufacturer for bamboo houseware products; offering everything from cutting & serving boards, salad bowls, salt boxes, cooking & serving utensils to the original Hollywood chairs.
Totally Bamboo has changed the way the world uses bamboo, as a viable alternative to our precious hardwood trees.
No old growth forests are touched.
No trees are cut.
Bamboo is 16% harder than maple wood (commonly used for cutting boards), 33% lighter weight than oak and yet can be as strong as steel. It holds the promise of a sustainable, cost effective, durable and ecologically responsible alternative to a material that is a bi-product of widespread clear cutting of old growth, hard wood forests.
Bamboo is a grass which grows to a harvestable height of 60 feet in three to five years; growing as much as two feet per day! The extensive root system stabilizes the ground in which it grows and continually sends up new shoots, naturally replenishing itself. Bamboo does not require replanting after harvest, making it one of the most renewable resources in the world. Moso, the bamboo species used at Totally Bamboo, can be re-harvested every 4 ½ years, compared to the 30-60 year growth cycle for most hard woods.
Totally Bamboo products are made from a bamboo commonly referred to as Moso, which is grown 500k west of Shanghai in China. This region has a temperate climate which is optimal for slower growing bamboo and therefor produces a much denser, harder and more durable stalk. This type of bamboo absorbs very little moisture and consequently reduces shrinkage or swelling in the finished product, making it a superior material for cutting boards and other kitchen and household items.
Authenticity & Our Customer Satisfaction Promise
When you order a Totally Bamboo product, be sure it is authentic! Look for our logo which is permanently laser etched into almost every item. While our products are manufactured in China, our headquarters and warehouses are located in San Marcos, California, and everything ships from this location! Do not be fooled by products which claim to be made by Totally Bamboo, that look similar to ours or have packaging that resembles ours.
We believe in taking care of our customers – your support and loyalty is critical to our success! We provide exemplary customer service, putting us above the competition. We stand by the quality of our products and we will do whatever it takes to make you happy if you have an issue. This is the basis of our customer satisfaction policy and we look forward to providing you with beautiful, durable and functional bamboo products for your entire home.
The Bar Keeper's Salt Box by Totally Bamboo are distinctly attractive and functional for a beautiful and useful addition on any bar, at home or work. Perfect for salt or sugar for garnishing cocktail glasses; with a magnet on the base and lid, the tight seal keeps moisture and other contaminants out. The Bar Keeper's Salt Box makes a great gift for the burgeoning bar tender! The box measures 5 1/2" diameter by 1 3/8" high. Easy to care for, simply hand wash with warm water and mild detergent and dry thoroughly before filling.
Top customer reviews
You do get a little spill over but that is ok. It isn't enough to worry about. It also looks great on the counter.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the Totally Bamboo Salt Box. We are looking forward to you enjoying this beautiful addition to your home and kitchen for years to come.
From our Family to yours, welcome to the Totally Bamboo family.
Totally Bamboo Customer Care Team