Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 92 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
This is actually three books in one: Cool Cars and Trucks, Cool Robots, and Cool City. It is wonderful book for any child (or adult for that matter) who loves working with Legos. It has instructions for making all sorts of vehicles, cityscapes and buildings, robots, and scifi spaceships. The book has instructions and illustrations but encourages the user to utilize his or her own creativity. It is an amazing book that I bought for a six year old who is a whiz with Legos.
on January 1, 2014
I've looked over and over at the Lego books, but they all use specialty parts that you can't get. My 6-year-old keeps asking me to buy one. When I found this, it looked a little more practical, and it is. Again, they use some specialty pieces that either aren't available period and/or I don't have them. The difference is that it isn't too hard to figure out how to adapt these examples. Keep in mind that I'm older and grew up when Legos were mostly basic sets, not the specific ones. Now, kids think they have to follow the step-by-step instructions to create anything because the sets have become so specific. So that's why I'm only giving it 3 stars. I think it would become frustrating to kids that expect the step-by-step instructions. This book does not do that. You need to use your imagination.
on January 17, 2014
The book is very cool but not what I wanted. My fault.It calls for the use of to many speciality parts. My grandson has just started collecting lego and has mostly basic blocks.
on December 11, 2014
My grandson has lots of loose legos handed down from his uncle without the instructions. I have looked at a lot of lego books trying to find some instructions for items for the 4-8 age group. This is exactly what I wanted and if he enjoyes the book. It's a gift, I'll be ordering more.
on March 18, 2016
This book is probably the best stand alone lego instruction manual that I've been able to find. Most of the lego instruction books are too complex and you need specialty pieces that you probably don't randomly have. This book is doable.
on October 13, 2015
I thought this book would have more instruction. There are very few instructions and mostly just pictures of things you could do. My 5 year old will ask me to build things from the book and they are still pretty hard to figure out.
on January 14, 2015
This book is perfect for any kids (and their parents) who love LEGOs. This is a paperback edition that includes three of Kenney's books: "Cool Cars and Trucks", "Cool Robots" and "Cool City".

The book is half inspiration photos and half step-by-step instructions. The instructions do include a lot of specialized pieces that we don't have, but I think that can in itself fuel LEGO creativity. When you buy a LEGO set, it comes with all the required pieces so you can get in the habit of closely following the instructions. But when you don't have a certain piece, it reminds you to use your imagination and to make the model your own.

My son is four years old and the instructions are a little advanced for him, but he still loves it. I knew it was a good purchase when my son made his own robot from scratch after looking at the inspiration photos in the book.
on December 22, 2016
Excellent book, this is a gift, but, glancing through it I know the recipient will be happy with this book.
on July 18, 2017
If you have a child that loves Legos, they will surely like this book. We checked out two of the three books from the library and we loved it so much, we bought it for our home library.
on May 27, 2017
We really enjoy this book, lots of fun, cool ideas for us. My seven year old and I use this book regularly. Simple, complete instructions, great pictures. Great book for lego fans