Industrial Deals Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by morrisey Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on April 18, 2016
A favorite book of my kids when they were young. Not suited for younger kids. I would read this to them when they are at a second grade level or above as the story line might scare younger kids. However, my kids just love this book!!!
on November 1, 2014
My 7-year-old granddaughter LOVES Bill Wallace books, and specifically requested this one because she read it at school. Good children's author and funny. Kids really relate to this author!
on May 28, 2016
Great product.
on June 26, 2014
Every time I give a good review, it feels like you add a fee to watching the series. Don't like that when I am a Prime member.
on February 16, 2011
My daughter loves Bill Wallace books and she really liked this one. I've read some of them with her and have to admit they are certainly entertaining. I can see why she likes them. Highly recommend!
on May 21, 2000
At the beginning of the term I did not want to start any book that would take me awhile to read. I was waiting to get the reading assignment in class. However, I knew that I needed to read more pages to fulfill the reading assignment for the term. Therefore I decided to read some of the books that my younger brother is currently interested in to see how they are. The first book I read was Totally Disgusting by Bill Wallace. This book is about a young kitten who is taught by her mother what a cat's life is supposed to be like. This kitten learned that he will get his person. The person that will give him a name and be his friend. He is adopted by a girl named Jessica. Jessica gives this kitten the name of Mewkiss. Mewkiss thinks this is a terrible name to have. He was hoping for a name like "Ratkiller" or "Target". His mother told him to live up to the name he gets and to be proud of his name. He could not find a way to be proud of this name. Mewkiss had one main fear. When he was a young kitten in the basement of his original home. Some rats came and attacked him and his brothers and sisters. His mother was able to save most of them. Mewkiss however was afraid of them after that time. At his new house with his Jessica he found out there were rats down in the cellar where his Jessica and her brother liked to play. Mewkiss could not get the strength to go down and catch these rats until one day when a old neighbor cat told him that Mewkiss was really a name of a powerful super hero.
However, right before Mewkiss was going to go fight the rats the old neighbor cat was about to die. One of the last things that Mewkiss learned from him was that the story of the super hero cat was made up. This made Mewkiss sad at first, then he learned that he was still the same cat as he was before. While he thought Mewkiss was a super name he had been brave and attacked some rats. Now, even though he new it was not a super name, he still was able to go and attack the rats down in the cellar. He does it just in time. His Jessica is just about to go down and play when Mewkiss brings up the dead rat. All of Jessica's family is impressed by Mewkiss.
Here is what a Diary entry from Mewkiss might be like:
Today I found my person. After I was picked up by a father and brought to his home I was given to my person as a present. She gave me a terrible name. She named me Mewkiss. She named me this because I could not stop meowing and I kissed her face a couple times. I miss my mother a lot. This new home is different with many new smells and places to explore. I have a buddy I cuddle with at night. He is a puppy.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on April 23, 2017
My 6 year old is loving reading about Barkus and Mewkiss to us while we make dinner/breakfast and having us read this to him before bed. These were from my older sister to me and now my son.
on December 15, 2016
I bought this book because it was on the Battle of the Books last for my kids. They both enjoyed it and I am enjoying it.
on July 10, 2010
This was one of my favorite books because the book allows the reader to see through the eyes of the animals ( Cat: Mewkiss Dog: Barkus). The story starts off when a kitten get adopted, by a girl named Jessica. Jessica immediately gets attached to the little orange and white puffball. The two bond but trouble arises when Jessica's brother, Timmy, adopts a sheep dog named Barkus. Barkus is a obnoxious ball of fur that just doesn't know when to slow down. But the two become friends when a family of rats try to take over the house.
2 helpful votes
on March 19, 2000
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Totally Disgusting. Being an animal lover with many cats and dogs I got a big kick out of the feelings expressed by each animal. I read this book to my students and each day they did not want me to stop. They kept asking for one more chapter. With Bill Wallace, you can't go wrong.
6 helpful votes