Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Size: One Size|Color: Black|Change

Showing 21-30 of 331 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 355 reviews
on March 11, 2011
I find this umbrella pretty small. I have had a larger auto open/close umbrella by Totes before and I would have preferred something like that. This umbrella is lightweight and the metal rod from the base to the umbrella feels a little thin. I have only used the umbrella once and it was a little windy and it held up fine but for strong winds, I wonder. The person who said it opens to a nice size canopy is not really accurate. This umbrella is good if it is raining lightly. If it is raining more heavily and you have to walk around outside for a while, this would be a bad umbrella to have with you. Your lower body would get very wet. If you want something bigger, get the Totes Superdome which is almost the same size. It is the larger size and it is also heavier.
on August 17, 2013
I bought this umbrella to replace my previous Totes compact umbrella, which finally gave up the ghost after several years of use. I didn't feel angry when it failed, because I had more than gotten my value from it. I liked it so much that I ordered a new Totes compact umbrella just like the old one.

I prefer the compact umbrellas because they are lighter weight and small enough to slip into your purse on a cloudy day, but still open up wide enough to give you good protection when you actually need to use it.

Once a strong wind blew my umbrella completely inside out. I flipped it back the correct way, and when I closed it up, it retracted and folded up just fine. Tough product!! Highly recommend Totes.
on November 9, 2016
Disappointed. My past totes were all automatic open AND close. This one does not automatically close with the push of the button. You have to push the button and then pull it down to get the spokes to fold close. Typically the spokes automatically fold close with the button push. But not with this umbrella.
on June 10, 2014
It looked pretty and I did like it. But it's broken (the joint of one stretcher and one rib was broken) after just one time use. The rain wasn't very heavy that day. So sad.

And just found we're unable to return it after one month!!! Why?!
on January 8, 2013
I think this umbrella performs well, and packs away neatly. I like the automatic button, which has never failed.
I have used this umbrella for years before it finally wore out and one of the spokes broke due to typical wear and a heavy wind load. I filled out the lifetime warranty card, and shipped it back to Totes with the required $5 money order to cover shipping and handling, and they sent me a brand new one in a couple of weeks. I find that remarkable.
on March 9, 2016
Totes umbrellas can always be counted on for high quality, and this umbrella is no exception. I've always lost them long before one could break or wear out. This one I bought for my daughter in a fun zebra print. She's eleven and it's easy enough to work that she can open and close it by herself--sometimes automatic umbrellas can be a little tough to close back up.
on July 16, 2016
As the description states Automatic Compact Umbrella I assumed it was automatic open and close but it was only automatic open. My fault for not reading all of the details but I still felt the product name was slightly misleading. As an automatic open umbrella it is fine though.
on September 20, 2012
Held up very well over the course of an extremely windy and rainy week in Glasgow. I thought for sure this umbrella would break - the wind was really gusty and it seemed like I was always walking straight into it. But, it survived well and I'm still using it.

I would buy it again - I think I paid around $10. For under $15 or so I'd say this is a 5-star umbrella in terms of size, quality and having around for an emergency.
on September 30, 2013
This is a great and cheap umbrella. It is quality built; I would only be concerned if you have extremely heavy winds in the area. It folds to an incredibly small size, so it fits where a water-bottle would very comfortably. It is easy to open and easy to lock/unlock.
on December 1, 2014
Bought this hoping to replace a nicer totes umbrella I'd lost, but definitely not worth it. On the first day of using this one, the automatic-open button made the upper umbrella portion detach completely from the handle portion - any time I'd try and open the umbrella without holding the top, it'd just shoot the umbrella completely off the handle leaving two separate pieces. So much for automatic open - figured it wasn't a big deal. Then after closing the umbrella one day about a week later, the auto-open button jammed and no longer worked, and there doesn't seem to be a way to open it manually without breaking the frame. Save yourself the grief/time - go buy a nicer umbrella!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.