Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 376 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 392 reviews
on August 26, 2013
This umbrella is great, I am a tall guy and small umbrellas just don't cut it for me but this is large enough to comfortably fit myself and another without getting wet. The construction on this is also great and it comes with a lifetime warranty against defects. I used it in moderate winds and it didn't budge. Another great thing is how compact it gets, about 14 inches long which sounds long but for a canopy this large its great. The button to collapse the umbrella is slightly recessed so it isn't much of a worry that you will hit it when you are holding it. Also for the first time ever an umbrella I have folds back to the size it was when I got it, the thing actually fits back into the nice nylon carrying pouch that came with it. This nylon pouch is nice for when you go in somewhere and need to put away the umbrella, it seems to be waterproof as well and doesn't really leak water.
on October 6, 2013
The umbrella seemed like a good choice, but unfortunately it turned out to be a lemon. The opening mechanism jammed and failed after just a few uses. I dismantled the mechanism out of curiosity, and found that underneath the metal, there was a single, flimsy piece of plastic that had failed. I expect better than this for such an expensive device.
on April 1, 2017
I purchase this umbrella about a year and a half ago, and after using it in a torrential downpour last night, felt compelled to write a review for this fantastic item.

In the eighteen months I have owned this umbrella, it has kept me dry in countless rainstorms in New York, including ones with significant wind gusts (such as those found in the wind tunnels that form between the city's skyscrapers). Not once has the canopy or the aluminum supports failed, even as I've watched those around me ditch their crumpled, destroyed umbrellas in sidewalk trash cans.

This is especially amazing given how big this umbrella is, canopy-wise. It really is golf-umbrella sized, and as a 6'3'' person, it keeps me fully dry from the knees up in "raining sideways" storms, and fully dry in "vertical" rainstorms. Despite its impressive reach, it still folds down to a very compact size - bit slimmer than the 17oz S'well bottle I keep in the other side pocked of my backpack. The included sleeve is also very nice for storing the umbrella, wet or not.

And finally, I'll mention the opening and closing mechanism. It is so great to be able to pop it open with one click, and not have to worry about fighting a slider to push up the canopy. Moreover, as you're approaching your destination, it is quite easy to click the button again just as you open the door, and have the canopy collapse down. No more fighting to close an umbrella outside, resulting in you being as wet as you would have been had you not had an umbrella at all, just before getting to you destination. A quick click of the Totes, and you can walk in easily, staying dry throughout.
on April 13, 2017
I have a similar model that works great and has held up nicely for a few years, so I wanted to get another to keep in the car. The fabric on this one is very different; stiff and kind of heavy. I noticed when I first opened it that the frame sections nearest the outside of the circle do not expand far enough, making sort of a "sail" effect in the outer sections of fabric. The first time I used it in the rain, a puff of wind caught the "sail", turned the umbrella inside out and broke a section of the frame. It was hardly a hurricane and I've put my older one through much worse. The packaging has this labeled as Totes "Blue" line. I don't know if that means it's of lesser quality on purpose, but it certainly was a dud for me. I'm outside Amazon's 30-day return policy so I will try to get it replaced through Totes' warranty.
on April 6, 2014
Seemed like a great umbrella at first, other than being a bit too long when folded due to the large handle and bit too heavy.

The real issue occurs when faced with slightly heavier rains, the large canopy blocked the rain well, but I was noticing drops of water on my head and neck, the rain water was soaking through the fabric and forming droplets inside, you could get your fingers wet by running it across the inside of the umbrella. I also noticed the black paint coming off the handle when my hands were wet, which makes you really question its quality.
on April 7, 2017
Pros: the large canopy folds to a compact size that conveniently opens and closes automatically. It is lightweight.
Cons: the construction is flimsy. There is no other word that perfectly describes how predictably this umbrella inverts every single time I use it! I live in SF and even in moderate wind, this umbrella flips out. Big disappointment. My search for a quality, functional umbrella continues...
on March 16, 2017
I have a smaller version of this and I've been looking for the golf size umbrella with the same automatic opening and closing feature. I measured it so I knew what I would get and it was what I expected but I don't know if I would call it a golf umbrella because those things are generally pretty big
on June 12, 2014
This is a beautiful umbrella with an amazing auto open and close action. I'd expect it to last a long time. I would give it 5 stars except for 2 small issues:

1) The handle could be designed better. It's kind of stubby and fat and when the wind is blowing it takes a good amount of force to hold on to it - it just kind of rotates in your hand. Those with grip strength issues or weak wrists might want to look elsewhere. I would instead prefer a thinner longer handle with finger notches.

2) The sewn-on strap to wrap up the umbrella for storage is about an inch too short. I really have to wrap it up tight to make the 2 Velcro patches meet - like really tight!

Hope this helps. Otherwise a great umbrella.
on March 14, 2017
My favorite golf umbrella in a small collapsible size.
on April 21, 2017
Excellent product. It is very big whe opened and compact when closed. Looks elegant. Would recommend 100%

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.