Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Size: One size|Color: Gunmetal|Change
Price:$19.22

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on January 11, 2012
Let's get the negatives out of the way immediately: this thing is cheaply (but solidly) made. Overmolding on the plastic castings is obvious. The on-off switch takes some force to move. However, the business end (blades, foil cover, motor) are fully functional.

Here's why this is a positive review. The tool did exactly what I needed it to. It's not overly large, nor powerful, but it was plenty to remove pilling from the wear surfaces (collar, zipper, trailing edge) of a jacket-length pea coat. I probably wouldn't waste my time with it on a large surface, like a blanket or the entirety of a sweater. But for $9, Prime eligible, and free returns, it certainly fit the bill.

I may have misread, but I believe one of the other reviewers complained of a lack of power from the "AAA" batteries. The shaver definitely accepts only AA's. Small difference but significant nonetheless.
on January 16, 2013
I still have another maker's clothes shaver in storage somewhere that I bought in Japan in the 1990's. It still works great after countless uses but It was accidentally put in storage 2 years ago and I couldn't find it so I bought this one. A piece of the head broke off on the first use-- and started snagging my favorite ski cap! I am sending this one back. It has a larger shaving head than my previous one.... The metal has to be thin to shave the pills off of your clothes but a larger metal head makes this particular shaver head way too flimsy.
review image
on August 24, 2016
It did okay for awhile...
on April 9, 2012
This is a cheap plastic piece o' crap that does absolutely nothing. I tried several batteries to make sure each had enough juice, and nothing. The blades even stopped spinning when I stuck a piece of string in to test it!

I only gave this 1 star because there's no zero star option...
on March 22, 2012
This product does just what it is supposed to do! The large head allows more coverage for larger areas needing de-pilling. It worked great on a garment I had given up on that I now can wear with pride.
on March 14, 2012
I like the items. I use to my cashmere. My all sweaters looks like brand new. I bought three for my daughter and granddaughter and me. We so happy have it.
on September 27, 2012
I knew as soon as I took this item out of the box, it was garbage. It's not just about getting my money back. It's a waste any way you look at it: money, shipping, packaging, reshipping, time. Keep shopping, this isn't what you want. Trust me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.