Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 97 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 125 reviews
on December 11, 2015
I live FL where afternoon showers are rampant during the summer months. If one does not have an umbrella shopping/working/etc/ they either A) get wet and share all that wonderful BO with the world in that nice humid weather or B) they send their poor Spouse/SO/village idiot to go get the car, or C) They wait it out. I have no patience for any such conditions. Therefore I bought this umbrella.

Mobility and profile were key in my decision, and so far this has been great for preventing wet dog syndrome and protecting paper goods whilst shopping. My only gripe is the construction which is in all honesty fine for lightweight usage. Just don't expect it to last a lifetime.

I've been using this product lightly for about 3 months. I've brought it the beach, in town, and around the house.

PROS:
-Small profile, about a foot long and 2 inches in diameter, so goes about anywhere. Will fit in any backpack or moderate sized purse.
-Fairly lightweight
-Opens easily and forcefully. Locking/Opening mechanism has had no issues.
-Has wrist strap, useful for me because I'm like a toddler and will set things down and leave them.
-Comes in black

CONS
-Construction consists of your standard nylon canvas for repelling water and thin metal wiring. For umbrellas of this build, I find it acceptable since we have to sacrifice durability or price for size, but I definitely don't believe this will hold up against windy storms without turning inside out or possibly bending something. We'll see.
-Definitely only made to cover one person so if you want coverage for two you'll have to get intimate.
review image review image review image
on June 25, 2014
This umbrella works great for the unpredictable midwest weather of Chicago. It's been through two seasons so far and we've had no issues.
on January 23, 2017
I bought this item in Nov 2015 and used it maybe 10-25 times (I live in Southern California so rain isn't much of an issue except during the winter). But just this weekend (during one of the biggest Los Angeles rain storms in years) it stopped working. It would NOT stay compacted when you pushed umbrella down into the handle, and then minutes later you could NOT even push the umbrella down into the handle AT ALL. Granted I only paid about $10 for it, but I expected it to last longer than 15 months.
on December 17, 2013
Today was the first day I've used this umbrella. A great Totes product. Well made, open easily, folds neatly and fits in my bag. I tell it's a quality product just by using it. I'm sure to buy another soon.
on February 26, 2014
Just used it today since it's raining in SF. It works fine. Definitely sturdier than the crap I got from Costco. No strong winds today. Hopefully, it can withstand strong winds. It's small and compact. You have to manually close it down. No push button to close the umbrella. When closed though, it takes a lot of space so better to tie it around. Only time will tell, but I hope this will stand the test of time. I would recommend it but if you want something that's a lot sturdier and more expensive like a St. Crawford, better buy something else.
on August 23, 2017
I've been buying Totes products since I was a teenager and have never really had a problem before this. This umbrella is cheaply made and within two weeks the fabric had let go from one the metal arms and was useless. No way to reattach it to the frame. This umbrella replaced a slighter larger older Totes model that the fabric eventually wore out on.
on December 7, 2015
This is just an average umbrella. There is nothing fancy about it. It is only automatic when opening the umbrella (aka push the button and it opens). To close it, you need to close it manually. It is big enough to cover myself and my bookbag without getting wet. I found the umbrella handle to be a little wobbly. It wasn't particularly raining too hard nor had too much wind, the the handle shakes and it felt like it might snap but it might be that I have hard sturdier umbrellas before. Time will tell if this lasts a couple of seasons with heavier rains and winds. Overall, the umbrella is average and works but not something I would go out and recommend.
on October 2, 2016
I bought this brand before, but I really disappointed this time, because it is broken when I use it at first time. maybe the wind is too wild, but I sincerely hope that it can be more stable. anyway, I like your product, and I hope we can use higher quality product.
on September 2, 2016
totes is supposed to be premium brand. not one of the sino pieces of garbage. broke on the first use. sent request for replacement to totes.
sent them a piece of the velcro close and warranty and they replaced it for $5. not bad, but not great!
on August 15, 2017