Truck Season Automotive HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 14, 2013
Design: I wanted a nice umbrella to be able to use to/from work, and the metro dot design certainly suits that professional look while still remaining cute and feminine.
Open: The button works well to open the umbrella instantly, and I like that it doesn't shoot out too fast.
Close: I find it difficult to close. You really have to press the handle all the way in until it clicks, and sometimes I have to put my hand at the top to give it that final push. This usually means my hand gets unnecessarily wet or I'm awkwardly stalling in a lobby holding things up.
Sturdiness: The umbrella itself feels really sturdy, and I have yet to question it when strong gusts of wind come by. The base/handle, however, seems a little wobbly.

I was debating between 3 or 4 stars. Given the price, I've gone with 4
4 people found this helpful
on May 18, 2014
I read a lot of reviews before I chose this umbrella. I currently work on a campus with several buildings and spend a lot of time going between them throughout the day. I needed an umbrella that would not get mixed up with the many black umbrellas around. I also needed to be able to open and close it quickly so I can get where I need to go on time.

The good stuff:
This umbrella is small enough to fit in my purse.
Most people don't have a zebra-print umbrella (or many of the prints/colors offered in this style,) so it doesn't get lost or mixed up.
The umbrella opens quickly and completely at the push of a button.
I can close this umbrella with one hand.

The one not-so-good thing: the umbrella is pretty small, though it's not the tiniest umbrella I've ever used. I knew what I was getting into and needed something compact to carry around all day. But if you're looking to keep any part of the lower half of your body dry, this is not the umbrella to buy.
on August 17, 2013
I bought this umbrella to replace my previous Totes compact umbrella, which finally gave up the ghost after several years of use. I didn't feel angry when it failed, because I had more than gotten my value from it. I liked it so much that I ordered a new Totes compact umbrella just like the old one.

I prefer the compact umbrellas because they are lighter weight and small enough to slip into your purse on a cloudy day, but still open up wide enough to give you good protection when you actually need to use it.

Once a strong wind blew my umbrella completely inside out. I flipped it back the correct way, and when I closed it up, it retracted and folded up just fine. Tough product!! Highly recommend Totes.
|0Comment|Report abuse
This was a stocking stuffer for my daughter, who is just out of high school. She walks 6 blocks to work in the very early morning, and needed something she could fold up and stuff in her locker when she gets there. I got her this one with the dots so that if she goes to a party and there are a dozen black umbrellas drying by the front door, she will be able to identify hers.

I went to a local mall the weekend before Christmas to see if I could beat Amazon's price on the last-minute holiday sales. The prices I saw were close to triple the price I paid here. My daughter is pleased, and I got a bargain.
on April 1, 2013
After giving up on give-away unbrellas from conferences, etc., I finally decided to grow up and get a quality umbrella. This one is a perfect size for me, small enough to keep in my backpack without contortions, big enough to keep me dry if the wind isn't blowing too hard. Its a personal size, so don't expect to fit two people under it. If the rain is hard, I bite the bullet and take a golf umbrella to stay dry. But now, I never get caught without at least a minimum level of protection from the rain. It appears durable and well made, initially, at least. I like the auto-open function, my previous totes was ultra compact and didn't auto open, which was frankly a pain in the butt. Freeing up two hands is too much to ask to open an unbrella in the rain. My other hand is somehow always occupied with a bag or phone or something..
on May 10, 2010
I needed a replacement umbrella for my old Totes umbrella that did so well for so many years. I was looking for an umbrella to keep in my purse for the unpredictable spring weather in New England. Overall I give this umbrella high marks. It's compact and lightweight so it fits easily in my bag. It opens to a nicely sized canopy that's large enough to keep me dry but small enough that it's not too cumbersome to walk down a busy street with. It's durable and does a pretty good job standing up to the gusty winds that come off the Boston Harbor. I'm docking a star because the push button open is great but my favorite umbrella also has a push button close that's awesome if the wind is picking up and you need the umbrella to close quickly and this one doesn't do that. Other than that this is a nice looking, well made, durable, and very functional. It's not perfect but it's awfully close.
115 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on June 11, 2016
I was actually coming back online to order another one of these because it is so smooth and water resistant. I was going to get one more of this size and one more very large umbrella. I wasn't sure what size to order so I went back and for the first time measured this Tote Umbrella I got, in black.

It is only 36.5" across. I check it every possible way I could think of but have no idea how they are advertising this as 42". I really could have used those extra 6" today in the rain with my kids.
on April 25, 2014
Love Totes though and wanted something different lost my black one. Its not really that feminine well sorta, but figure its stylish, just finally got it out today for tomorrow raining.

The only main "Ladies" part is the handle, its clear and shiny but Totes makes great products and opened it up and the material feels even more rain resistant or heavy duty than the black one. The great thing is they open fast, especially great getting out of the car, and dry quickly.

One VERY minor difference between the older ones is they had an auto close option, however you still have/had to pull it down, but again the material seems better and like the color, and its different than just plain black, I like the khaki color.
on December 12, 2015
Umbrella is very good.
I spent 7 dollars on Black Friday.
And in China this umbrella will need 288 yuan (about 45 dollars).
More ironic is that this umbrella is made in China.
So I bought four umbrellas.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on March 11, 2011
I find this umbrella pretty small. I have had a larger auto open/close umbrella by Totes before and I would have preferred something like that. This umbrella is lightweight and the metal rod from the base to the umbrella feels a little thin. I have only used the umbrella once and it was a little windy and it held up fine but for strong winds, I wonder. The person who said it opens to a nice size canopy is not really accurate. This umbrella is good if it is raining lightly. If it is raining more heavily and you have to walk around outside for a while, this would be a bad umbrella to have with you. Your lower body would get very wet. If you want something bigger, get the Totes Superdome which is almost the same size. It is the larger size and it is also heavier.
3 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.