Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 18, 2014
I am very happy with my Totes Signature SuperDome Auto Open/Close Umbrella. This was a replacement for another one I had previously owned but lost. I use this umbrella a lot to walk my dogs and it is large enough to cover one of them and myself. It works great in windy weather without flipping inside out. That is what the air vent in this umbrella is for, to let the air flow through it and prevent it turning inside out in high wind. Being auto Open/Close makes it very easy to open and close with one hand. And while walking one of my dogs makes it very convenient to use. Also this umbrella is light to carry for its size due to the fact that it is made with fiberglass ribs. I like the fiberglass ribs also because if I am in a thunderstorm with lightning I personally would not want to be carrying an umbrella with metal ribs. I received this umbrella in a timely fashion. And I highly recommend this umbrella.
on February 25, 2013
The umbrella is not vented as stated in the product description. As a result it is very difficult to handle in windy conditions, particulary in relationship to its size. Amazon offers a Totes double vented umbrella of the same size and type (collapsible) for $26.00. Based on experience a 54 inch canopy collapsible unvented umbrella is an item to avoid.
on September 14, 2016
The size of this umbrella is wonderful, but the quality is not. I'm a commuter so this is required equipment for me, I have two of them as a matter of fact and both have come detached the metal arms from the umbrella cloth with just normal use. Of course I can fix it, but that is just another 30 minutes out of my day to find my needle and thread and make the repairs for something that should be better quality, just annoying.
on May 26, 2013
So let me preface, I live in Jersey City, which if you have never been is in fact the windiest place on earth. This leads to many hundreds of umbrellas biting the dust each and every time it rains, with people valiantly battling against the elements, only to see their supposed "protection" destroyed and therefore completely soaking them in the process.

Anyway, enough of the drama. I have tried many different umbrellas over the 3 years since I moved here. I can safely say that this umbrella is the best I have used. Overs good coverage, without being excessive, and has yet to blow inside out due to the strong structure. The only downside is that the structure is very light (perhaps too light?), so sometimes it's quite hard to keep control in strong wind. However, the umbrella doesn't break and it gives your arms a workout, so not a big deal.

Buy this! For the price it's unbeatable.
on May 25, 2011
After ruining two cheap umbrellas purchased at Target in as many months, I finally decided to get a quality umbrella. I have had this umbrella for ~2 weeks and have used it almost every day (springtime in Boston). It is easy to see that the metal skeleton of this umbrella is far more robust than the cheaper umbrellas I have used in the past. Also, the vented top makes handling it in the wind much easier. The auto-open and auto-close are exactly as advertised. The one qualm I have is the lack of a wrist strap on the handle, but that is more a matter of personal preference than actual functionality.

Update-
My umbrella failed catastrophically after 2 1/2 years. It was definitely on its way out, and a big gust of wind destroyed it. However, it was worth every cent. I am considering using the lifetime warranty, but I also don't want to be without an umbrella for so long. RIP, old friend.
on April 27, 2013
I received one of these umbrellas as a gift, and it worked flawlessly - opening and closing at my command with the simple push of a buuton. But sadly, that lasted for only about 5 months. Unfortunately, it bacame stuck in the open position, defying my best engineering efforts to persuade it to close. I found the manufacturer card that offered help - free replacement, but send it back to Totes with $5 and they'd send me a new one. Packaging a fully-open golf size umbrella for shipment is just plain crazy, and manually breaking it down would likely appear as misues. Since a new one only cost $20, I decided to try it again - and I'll send a note directly to Totes about my experience!
on October 4, 2012
Usually, Totes sales their product at the 'door' in NYC and Philly, home, but in recent years with their colors they
have neglected their standards on structural support and lie on ventilation. This umbrella has NONE!!!
Even though it claims to have and that it's pitch. It's very intriguing on the size /compactablilty just for those two
... look into it even though it is appealing as a compact/ compatible for a GOLF umbrella. Just my opinion....

It would be a mistake if you live in any coastal city or Chicago, the third coast per say.

Nuff said,

d
on March 16, 2013
I looked for years for a compact umbrella that was larger than the standard 42" and yet folded up to a size that I could easily keep in my briefcase. After years of putting up with the 42" size not keeping me dry, I finally found this one and have not been disappointed. It opens up to 55" and yet folds down to about 14", which fits easily in an outside pocket of my briefcase. I have not had any rain seep through the umbrella, as some other reviews mentioned, and it has held up fine so far against the strong Chicago winds. Just what I was looking for.
on January 7, 2014
Update: the first time I used this umbrella, completely intact, in a light rain in Southern California, it leaked right in the center. Not exactly what you want out of an umbrella, water coming on your face. I was surprised -- I've had Totes umbrellas in the past & always thought they were of high quality. This one s&*cked. Now I'm faced with the dubious pleasure of paying to ship it to Totes, plus paying $5, to get a replacement that may also... leak. Booh, Totes.
on June 9, 2016
A full size golf umbrella. I just open the door of my car a crack, stick out the umbrella and open it, now I can emerge dry. Entering the car and staying dry is just as easy

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.