Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Foo Fighters Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6 reviews
on September 1, 2016
I had forgotten how much I loved this type of music, until I read a tweet announcing Mr. Fountain's death. I played some of music on Youtube and decided to order this cd in particular because it contains Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. After a few moments of listening to the magic that he made, I was reminded of my childhood, watching my grandparents going out on the town, dressed to the nine's, to the local VFW. This was back in the 60's and my grandparents were not so old. They made a handsome couple and could really dance and this was the music they danced to and this was the music they played at home. Boy have I missed it. And I have JBL to thank for tweeting that sad message, but without that, I would probably have completely forgotten about Pete Fountain, Al Hirt, and some of the other fine musicians and the wonderful music they made.
on September 5, 2012
Touch of Class is a wonderful selection by Pete Fountain. Soothing, nostalgic listening by an icon in music. Miss Lucy made my heart melt, and what a good choice for the end song: Rhapsody in Blue. This is a classy work of art.
on August 24, 2002
My father listened to Pete Fountain when I was young so I am very familiar with his music. Though I am not a fan of Dixie music I do like his clarinet playing. This CD is more classics and the playing is wonderful. A good buy.