Touch of Gray Men's Hair Color, Light Brown
- Formula gets rid of some gray, not all. For that perfect Salt&Pepper look
- Easy Comb-In Applicator
- No mix, no mess
- Permanent Formula, lasts 5-6 weeks for most users, or until your gray grows back in
- Gentle no peroxide and no ammonia formula
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color: Light Brown - Gray T-25 | Size: 1 application
Water, Coco Glucoside, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Isopropyl Acetate, Trisodium EDTA, Erythorbic Acid, 2-Methyl-5-Hydroxyethylaminophenol, 1,2,4-Trihydroxybenzene, P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, Sulfuric Acid, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride.
Read and follow directions on enclosed leaflet. Can't decide between two shades? Try the lighter one first. You can always go darker later.
Top Customer Reviews
Before application: I had dark brown hair until my mid to late 20's (am now 50) which later turned black and gray. Some residual brown but only 1-3%. Used to havce some red, but perhaps 0.1% of hair, and mostly in the facial hair. I now have 70:30 salt:pepper hair (white:black) in discrete areas, but 90:10 salt:pepper in other places. Cropped to about 1.5 inches uniformly. Facial hair is similarly mottled, with mustache 50:50, but beard nearly white.
So, the target overall I'd like to achieve is 50:50 salt:pepper.
This means that my end goal is perhaps where other folks are *starting* from.
1)Squeezed out only enough to wet the exit points on the comb visibly. This produced small beads of product between the tines of the comb for a total amount of perhaps 1/16-1/8 teaspoon.
2)Ran the comb from front to back over the top of my scap.
3)Did NOT squeeze the applicator in the process.
4) repeated step 1 and 2 perhaps 8-10 times overall, but not to the entirety of my. That is, I focused mostly on the existing white (90:10 salt:pepper)areas, and less so on the 70:30 salt: pepper areas.
5) total application time was min 5 minutes (as counted from the end of the series of applications) and perhaps a total of 8 minutes since the start of the series of applications.
6) rinsed and washed as directed.
The result is fairly significant darkening and blending (more even) appearance.Read more ›
My hair is naturally dark brown, so when I first used "Just for Men" I chose that color. After dying, my hair was uniformly dark brown. It was quite a nice job, but it looked too uniformly dark for a man of my age and I thought it looked best after about three weeks when the gray was starting to reappear. After a few tries, I switched to using light-brown dye. Then my natural dark-brown hair came through as such and my gray hair were dyed light brown. It gave a nice slightly multicolored textured appearance and looked much more realistic. I was very satisfied with the appearance.
More recently, I discovered the "Just for Men Touch of Gray" product and I've now used it three times.
This is an excellent product and I've achieved splendid results. I use the medium-brown color and my hair appears just as I'd like it to be. At a distance, it looks dark. When viewed close up, it has a multiple-colored appearance with a little gray, a little lighter brown and is mostly dark brown. No one would ever guess that it was a do-it-yourself dye job. People routinely think I'm much younger (see my photo in my profile) and they're stunned at discovering my real age.
ORIGINAL REVIEW - I tried this for the first time recently. I was very cautious and a bit nervous about what might happen, but having taken a chance, I'm happy with the result. It seems many of those who were unsatisfied did not use the product correctly. To those I say, "GUYS, you are messing with your hair. Read the instructions, spend a few minutes doing research, watch the YouTube 2 minute instructional video."
- Works fast and at home
- A very natural look that turned back the clock
I do think the manufacturer could do a better job with the instructions and offering tips. Here's a few -
1. Apply hand lotion or vaseline to your ears or hairline before applying to ensure you don't stain your skin.
2. Don't let it sit for the full 5 minutes on your first use. I suggest 3. You can be more aggressive later.
3. Reuse what's left. I have short hair and don't need a full tube. After applying, squeeze the air out of the tube and cap it tightly and you can use it again later and save money.
4. Pick the right color! Some people seemed to have a problem in this area. Again, be cautious with your first application if you are unsure of the color you chose.
I would say I am naturally 70/30 brown to gray right now. a 3-4 minute application I would guess took my hair to 85/15. That may not sound like much, but it's subtle yet noticeable, and is exactly what I wanted for the first application.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
good stuff, just does not last as long as traditional hair color that soaks for half an hour.Published 1 day ago by john wilcoxson
My husband is very pleased with Touch of Gray Men's Hair Color, Light Brown. He uses it about once a month and his hair looks exactly as he expected it to look. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
A bit messy but works great. I have not had any of the problems that others mention but you do need to take care to not get this on everything around you and when you do get it on... Read morePublished 21 days ago by Allen Cain
Works great. Just wish I had more hair so I would get the full value.Published 22 days ago by Robert Chambers
For many years I used another product successfully. But I began to experience significant skin burning, even from the runoff in the shower. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Fred Lord