Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Touch Sensor Floor Lamp - Silver
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School

on October 27, 2008
My touch sensor lamp shuts itself off a short while after being turned on - very frustrating.
on February 2, 2006
Bought it today. Very easy to assemble. Bought a 100watt bulb to go with it. The sensors work well on my lamp. Setting allow you to have 3 light settings. On the lowest setting, you hear faint buzzing sound from bulb but at its brightest, there is no sound. From the reviews left by other users, I will post another message if this lamp fails within a year.

I really like the "touch" feature. When coming in the door with lots of things on hand, I dont have to fumble with switches.
on September 19, 2008
So..... $20 for 10 minutes of operation? I don't think so. I can't believe they even sell this thing at Target when the reviews are so poor on Amazon. Don't waste your money! The sensor on this thing will take on a life of its own before you even throw out the box. You've been warned...
on April 4, 2010
I bought this lamp from target about a year or so ago. The touch part worked fine until the light bulb went out and I have not been able to get the touch part of it to work since. I am glad to see others have had the same problem and it was not just me.
on December 12, 2008
This lamp is very sleek and elegant looking! It is sturdy and a great price for its value. I was amazed at how easily it turns on and off with just touching the pole! This is actually the 3rd one I've purchased and would recommend it highly to others!
on March 8, 2008
This lab was a horrid item. It only worked on select outlets in my house. I found myself touching it several times to have turn on and then immediately off! This lab is terrible, definately skip it!
on March 9, 2007
I like the price but not good to put on a surface with carpet, when I turn it off it keeps moving and the light goes on. It must be great for a wood or tile floor.
on February 22, 2008
I bought this in person at Target and it was a decent lamp for the price. (The touch sensor is the whole lamp body, BTW; there is no switch because you just touch the lamp with bare skin.) It cycles through the different brightness settings each time you tap. Sadly it also thinks you tapped it if you have a computer plugged into the same power strip and that computer wakes up. Haha how quaint, no big deal.

Then one day the touch sensor just failed, and the lamp would no longer turn off. I suppose I was lucky compared to the folks who had it fail in the off position. Anyway I spliced a regular rocker switch into the lamp's cord and now it is a plain old lamp. A bonus is that now I can (and do) have a compact fluorescent bulb installed since it only has on/off instead of the dimmed settings.

For the handier folks, maybe buy this and remove the touch-sensor and install a switch on the cord. Or just buy an even cheaper lamp that has a plain old switch.

Aside from the on/off problems, it's a fairly attractive lamp, all aluminum except for the white plastic shade at the top.
on August 18, 2008
Did not turn on upon assembly; outlet an bulb were fine. The lamps "touch-sensor" was broken from the get-go.
on March 26, 2007
But I am horribly disappointed in it. I bought this lamp to go in my office to avoid the flourescent lights. It has lasted about 1.5 yrs. However, the light bulb blew out in it and now it no longer works by touch sensor and you have to unplug it to turn it off. That sucks. It only works on the lowest of the 3-way settings and my 100 watt light bulb is too dim for even my small office. I feel like this was pretty much a waste of money. For all the headaches, I would have bought something a tad more expensive, but more reliable. FYI, Garden Ridge has some nice cheap lamps.