- Series: The Practical handbook series
- Paperback: 80 pages
- Publisher: TarcherPerigee; Revised edition (April 19, 1989)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0399515291
- ISBN-13: 978-0399515293
- Product Dimensions: 8.1 x 0.2 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 41 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #85,998 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Touch Typing in Ten Lessons: The Famous Ben'Ary Method -- The Shortest Complete Home-Study Course in the Fundamentals of Touch Typing (The Practical handbook series) Revised Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
"Warlight" by Michael Ondaatje
A dramatic coming-of-age story set in the decade after World War II, "Warlight" is the mesmerizing new novel from the best-selling author of "The English Patient." Pre-order today
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Ruth Ben’ary is the author of Touch Typing in Ten Lessons: The Famous Ben’ary Method—The Shortest Complete Home-Study Course in the Fundamentals of Touch Typing.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is below low-tech, all the way down to no-tech. It is also incredibly inexpensive. I thought I paid $9.00 but it is now $7.38 which may be what I paid for it. I didn't have to worry about software compatibility, glitches in the program and keyboard skins that didn't fit....some of the myriad problems I had read about when researching a typing program for my children. You need absolutely nothing else. I would love to have a real typewriter for them to learn on, and a throw away keyboard that they could use just to practice strokes would be nice, but we are doing fine without it and my investment is less than $10.00 so you can't be the price.
The program has been very simple for my 9 year old. My 6 year old's hands are too small so we will wait a couple of years for him to try again. Any old style typist, secretary, transcriber, etc. will tell you that to improve speed and accuracy you just need repitition. In the old days, after learning where home keys were and what fingers were responsible for which letter you just drilled words and paragraphs for an hour or more a day, days on end, until you achieved the results you wanted. Repition, repitition, repetition. This book will give you the basic tools, and some drills but basically, as soon as you or your children know where to put your fingers, you just need to practice for a couple of months and you will get the results you want.
1. This is primarily an excellent beginner's text. There are many online typing learning resources but if you prefer the printed word and instruction, this is an excellent beginner's book. It is nice that the book has a spiral binding and will lie flat on a copy stand.
2. For more advanced typists, this book can be used to increase typing speed by going through the exercises with timing drills. Again, the process is similar to many online resources and it just depends on whether you like the printed word or online resources.