Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 23, 2017
I enjoyed this series so much. Robson Green is a delight. He seems to actually be living the role as he plays it. I love his reactions - so natural-seeming and never predictable. To be this effortlessly natural is quite difficult, yet he pulls it off easily. There are many extremes to the series and the role, but he never pushes his reaction - they all seem organic no matter how outsized the situation is.
I was first introduced to him in "Grantchester", and liked his acting very much. When I saw "Touching Evil" and noticed he was in it, I decided to try it. Have watched all the episodes and wish there were more. Robson Green is the featured (lead) actors in "Touching Evil", whereas in "Grantchester" his role was supporting (although it's still a large role). Either way he makes interesting choices and is a pleasure to watch.
Nicola Walker is good, as is Shaun Dingwall, but the series rests on Green's shoulders, and his ease with the demands of the role seems like no sweat. He has the chops and charisma that made me want to watch him every second - his fierce blue eyes don't hurt, either!
I gave it 4 stars because some of the episodes felt a bit long. However, being American, we don't episodes of over an hour, so perhaps I am just not used to 1:30-long episodes. But I do prefer them to :30-1:00 episodes (as in the U.S.) w/ chopped up stories and awkward hanging plot lines. Each episode in "Touching Evil" is a complete entity and if you only want to watch them as stand-alone mini-movies, they work well that way, too.
on January 26, 2016
LOVE Robson Green and Nicola Walker.

Perhaps Robson has been typed cast (he also plays the main character in "Wire in the Blood" another EXCELLENT British series), but I absolutely LOVE his style of acting. You really DO see him as that character!

The reason I didn't give it five stars is because some of the scripts were predictable. Yes, yes I know there are only soo many 'original' ways for murder-cop series to be written. HeHe

The British have so much more over the American cop dramas. There is depth, and there is THINKING involved! There is a puzzle and mystery that the audience watching CAN figure out, if you apply yourself, and British writers EXPECT their audience to apply themselves!!

Very smart, watchable, engaging series. Some episodes lacked the depth and nuance that the others had.
on December 6, 2014
I know it's an older series, but this is one of the finest police shows I've ever seen. And Robson Green will be in another Masterpiece program very soon, I have heard. So do watch these shows -- there are two seasons and they are gripping, much, much better written and acted than all of our police dramas, imo, and the elaborate plots and superb acting more than make up for a few "grainy" scenes showing the age of the equipment used to shoot them. Still, the plots are pertinent, the characters complex (very). This was my introduction to Robson Green, and he is such an presence in this show, as is his female partner (who ended up in MI-5) that I really can't say enough about the range of his acting. AMAZING. The others on this special police branch team are also excellent actors and play complex characters. The issues are still timely enough (PTS syndrome, adoptions from Eastern European countries, terrorist plots, kidnappings, etc.) so I found no problem at all with the show's original air date. This series (just 2 seasons, alas) , btw, was on PBS Masterpiece, which may intrigue those who love Masterpiece! Check this series out!
on November 22, 2016
As American as my wife and I are, living here in Minnesota, USA, we never thought that there could possible be any better shows to watch. Then we watched just one British made film, and we were hooked. We have been going from one British Detective series to the next one. Sometimes we even see the same actors appear, makes no difference. We have become hooked on British Detective series. We can't say one is better than another. They are all great. Touching Evil had us hooked right away. We notice that these detectives seldom carry any weapons, and they make it work. Touching Evil is a great show from the first episode to the last. Excellent to watch. Enjoy it.
on August 9, 2016
I liked the actors, and the plot line draws you right into the story. They mix the characters and story lines very well. I am glad I was able to watch several episodes back to back because the cliff hangers and arcing storylines would upset me otherwise. I prefer to watch shows that at least close one storyline by the end of the episode.
on May 24, 2016
This is a great show! I've only watched the first story and it was excellent! Characters are interesting and quirky-like you would expect detectives might be! Main guy, Robson Green, is terrific!
on May 18, 2016
I've just started using Acorn via my Amazon account. Worst thing I could have done as I can't get away from the television and I've never been a couch potato before. Why can't American producers come up with characters and story lines that are so captivating rather than the vapid, silly things they force on people? After Touching Evil (excellent) I watched Chasing Shadows ... SUPERB!! So worth the little investment, can't recommend highly enough.
on June 5, 2016
I am so disappointed in the episodes in the second season of this series. Finally, a special unit of detectives gets to carry guns and then one of them freezes on the trigger and costs an innocent life. I know this is fiction but I can't stand how it is depicted. When the same detective gets a chance and shoots the bad guy hie is savaged by his colleagues and by the cop whose life he saves by calling him a "stupid bastard" and think they have to cover for him when he deserves a medal. I used to shudder when watching these police dramas when cops have to run away or get killed or injured by perpetrators because they are unarmed. Now they have guns and don't know when to use them. I could go on but I'm measuring these scripts by my own experience in the NYPD.. Someone who froze on the trigger and costs a life would be an ex-detective pretty soon.
3 helpful votes
on June 16, 2016
Love Robson Green in anything. Similar to Wire in the Blood. If you are a fan of Wire, then don't miss Robson as a defective detective with a head injury.
on August 19, 2016
Very Good series with very good story lines and excellent casting and acting. I very much like the fact that each show (about 90 minutes in length) is a different story instead of a continuation that drags on for an entire season with multiple episodes. I watch one or two a week — entertaining and definitely some evil dudes. 4.5 stars