Touchstone 80004 - Sideline Electric Fireplace - 50 Inch Wide - in Wall Recessed - 5 Flame Settings - Realistic 3 Color Flame - 1500/750 Watt Heater - (Black) - Log & Crystal Hearth Options
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- DESIGNED FOR IN-WALL INSTALLATION: This electric fireplace is specially created for recessed mounting in walls. Recessed mounting is simple. Build a simple rough frame in your wall, move existing studs, then the right and left side have mounting brackets, which take 2 screws on each side. The 50-inch fireplace comes with easy-to-follow instructions to help homeowners install the unit on their own. Wiring can be hard-wired or plugged.
- TWO HEAT SETTINGS: Perfect for the cold seasons, the Touchstone Sideline features two heat settings: high and low. Heat vents are located on the upper front area. The heat level can be adjusted according to the user’s preference, making this fireplace a functional and practical fixture. The fireplace can be turned all the way up in freezing weather to keep you snug and toasty. For slightly chilly weather, it can be set on low to provide ample warmth without being too hot.
- REALISTIC FLAME WITH THREE COLOR CHANGING OPTIONS: To create the cozy atmosphere of a traditional fireplace, this electronic unit emits authentic-looking flames that emulate a real fire. It has three color changing options (orange, blue, and blue-orange), along with five settings, from a soft ember glow or an intense blaze. With both its look and performance, Sideline gives you the total package. Both the heat and flame settings can be operated through a remote control. (Batteries not included)
- MULTIPLE MODES: Brightness settings that range from a dull ember glow to a full blazing light, allowing you to adjust the flames to your desired brilliance
- FAUX FIRE LOG AND GLASS CRYSTAL INCLUDED: This set includes faux fire logs and crystals to create an authentic feel. It operates on 1,500 watts, with a voltage of 120. It is recommended that this fireplace be positioned at least 12 inches below the ceiling. Avoid mounting it directly under a flat-screen television, as that may limit the heater’s use.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Exclusive items from our brands
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Keep yourself warm during cold weather and add a hint of sophistication to your home with the Touchstone Sideline 50 Recessed Electric Heater Fireplace.
This unit features two heat settings and five flame settings. The temperature options are high and low, and they can be adjusted to your preference. The fireplace can be switched to high to keep you warm during the winter, or it can be set on low to provide ample heat without being too hot. The electronic unit also emits authentic-looking flames with different fire levels, ranging from a soft ember glow to a strong blaze. The fiery light adds a crisp, relaxing vibe during dark winter days, keeping you warm and cozy at home. Both the heat and flame settings can be operated through a remote control. (Batteries are not included in this package.)
The Sideline fireplace has several configurations to match your desired temperature and atmosphere. It features dual modes that allow you to operate the fireplace with or without heat, allowing you to add ambiance to a room without adding warmth. A built-in timer allows you to shut the unit off after a set period of time, from 30 minutes to 7.5 hours.
Touchstone Fireplace is designed for recessed wall placement. The 50-inch electric fireplace boasts an elegant black frame that evokes a contemporary look. It can be installed in living rooms, bedrooms, offices, and more. The unit can heat a room as large as 400 square feet and operates on 1,500 watts with a voltage of 120.
The set includes faux logs and crystals to create a genuine fireplace feel. Easy-to-follow instructions are included to help homeowners install the unit on their own. **Note: Customer images shown vary in application, lighting, and room placement. Fireplace flame effect may vary depending on room lighting.
Sideline In-Wall Recessed Electric Fireplace
The Sideline 50 Recessed Electric Fireplace fits flush in the wall for a clean, contemporary look. Realistic Flames with five flame brightness settings add ambiance to any room.
Elegance & Functionality
- Designed for in-wall installation
- Two heat settings
- Realistic flame with 5 brightness settings
- Multiple color modes
- Faux fire log and crystals
Designed For In-Wall Installation
This electric fireplace is specifically created for recessed mounting in walls. Its black frame gives a room a sleek, modern look. This versatile fireplace also adds a cozy touch to a living room, bedroom, or office. This 50-inch fireplace comes with easy-to-follow instructions to help homeowners install the unit on their own.
80004 Sideline 50 Electric Fireplace
Compare with similar items
PuraFlame Alice 50 Inches Recessed Electric Fireplace, Wall Mounted for 2 X 6 Stud, Log Set & Crystal, 1500W Heater, Black
Homedex 50" Recessed Mounted Electric Fireplace Insert with Touch Screen Control Panel, Remote Control, 750/1500W, Black
PuraFlame 33 Inches Western Electric Fireplace Insert Heater with Fire Crackling Sound, Remote Control, 750/1500W, Black
Touchstone 80001 - Onyx Electric Fireplace - (Black) - 50 Inch Wide - On-Wall Hanging - Log & Crystal Included - 5 Flame Settings - Realistic Flame - 1500/750W Timer & Remote
|Sold By||Touchstone Home Products||E2E||AcmeHome||E2E||Amazon Warehouse|
|Are batteries included?||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|Material||Glass||Metal and Tempered Glass||Metal and Tempered Glass||Metal and Tempered Glass||Glass|
|Number of Items||1||1||—||1||1|
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
HEAT / LOOK - The high heat setting is enough to make a noticeable different in the room - especially on a lazy Sunday where it might be on for 5 hours at a time. Think of it as a ceramic heater with a little fan. Everyone who has seen it has positive comments about the realistic look and have also said the heat could be felt in the room.
REALISTIC - I thought to include a video would be most helpful to those wondering about the "realistic" looking fire. This was just a plain wall before I started. I framed in for a Hearth/fireplace/mantle TV and then I used stone and oak to give it the look I wanted. Included some pictures of the build
INSTALLATION / COST - It was very easy to install if you have basic framing skills and honestly (outside of the TV cost) only cost me about $1700 to build everything you see in the video with quality stone and solid oak qualities. That includes a new 20 amp dedicated line, fireplace, framing material, hardiebacker, mortar, stone. Full disclosure here - I do have some nice tools to make that happen too though. This would easily cost me $8k if I had to install a wood or gas fireplace - and around $12k if I had to have someone else do it all.
TIP: I framed my opening to the EXACT specs on the product and it was a very tight fit. The tolerances are not THAT tight so do your self a favor and give yourself about and extra 1/8th or 3/16th of an inch all around to ensure easy installation.
So glad we did! Installation was very easy. The flame effect is very bright and realistic. It has five flame brightness settings, and to be honest I can't tell a big difference between them all, but am happy with even the lightest. I also like that it comes with logs or crystals, and you can change them out whenever you like. The heater works well on the low setting, but when we tried the high setting, it shut off after being on less than a minute. I emailed their customer service and they sent a new one to replace it! Very happy with this purchase!
Update: It's been almost two years now since we installed the replacement unit and it still works great! We use it all the time, with heat and without. Definitely recommend it!
Today is 1/20/2017. I received a call from Brian/Tech Support. He was very professional and courteous. He asked me for the photo of the fireplace turned on, which I will send to him shortly. He said the unit comes with 1 year warranty and will help me to work this out. I am happy so far for his support. Will update once resolved.
Today is 2/10/2017. I have received the replacement unit from Brian, and now the fireplace looks and works great! Thank you, Brian, for your help in resolving the issue. Good product at reasonable price.
Top international reviews
1. The log piece is very realistic and convincing;
2. Although it is obvious that the flames are not real, they are still pleasing to stare into, almost like that hypnotic feeling you get staring into a real fire;
3. The combination of orange and blue flames setting is the one we use most, provides nice ambiance and contrast;
4. The heater function works well but not powerful enough to overcome the existing baseboard in my living room, so I am not using it much;
5. When the house is quiet, you can definitely hear it running, even when the heater is off. The noise is actually coming from the motor/gearbox inside that drives a shaft across the unit. On this shaft, there are small reflectors installed and their rotating motion reflects the orange and blue LED's light towards the screen to generate the flames. If I had installed this unit in a bedroom, I would have had to return it because the motor noise is too obvious. But in my living room, with music and conversation, I don't hear it. Hopefully that motor will last more than a year;
6. There is very little difference between the lowest and highest of the 5 flame intensities available. I am always using the highest setting, even when the room is totally dark.
Here's the good;
-Easily heats the upstairs of our small house (720
-Super easy recessed installation
-After 7 months of use it now makes a strange grinding noise when the flames are on. The sound is annoying enough that we barely use the unit anymore. Super disappointing for a $600 fireplace.
-Ours didn't come with the rock decor, only the log. Must have been missed when it shipped out.
Because of the grinding noises, I definitely wouldn't recommend this fireplace.
The flame is nice, gives off a bit of heat. Install was ridiculously easy!
This unit is producing a humming noise even when the heater is off. I cannot be convinced that just by powering the LEDs the AC adapter needs to work that hard. This is most probably a cheap component at work.
So if you want to relax in silence, look somewhere else, this unit is noisy.
Installation by the back is not as strong as expected. I recommend to do it with the on the side holes.
Also no measure for the best fit for the back installation, knowing that you’ll have to leave the space to slide in.
But I strongly recommend
I expected this to fit in the cavity of a 2x4 wall but it doesnt. I have to build out my wall to at least 2x6 for it to perfectly recess.
If you're looking for a realistic flame, you will be disappointed. Everything else seems high quality. It's unfortunate, that for the price, the quality of the flame is poor.