Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Tovolo High Ball Ice Molds - Set of 2" and save 53% off the $13.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.59 shipping
Tovolo High Ball Ice Molds - Set of 2
|Price:||$9.81 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$3.19 (25%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The silicone cap creates a tight seal
- The molds stack neatly to conserve space
- These ice molds are leak -free and won't tip over in the freezer
- The extra-large 3 x 2 inch size is perfect for your highball favorites and come in a set of 2
- Dishwasher safe
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Add perfectly formed sophistication to any drink with the Tovolo highball ice molds. These unique molds deliver the art and science of slow-melting, cylinder ice, without messy ice blocks or complicated carving. The extra-large 3" x 2" size is perfect for your highball favorites. The silicone cap seals tight and allows the molds to stack neatly in your freezer.
Top Customer Reviews
These ice sphere molds work perfectly. Use as directed and you will achieve a clear practically perfect 2.5" sphere of ice each time. Durable and well contructed from food grade materials. You'll get clearer ice if you use filtered or boiled water. If prefered, you can even add fruit and stuff into the molds for presentation.
This morning, I used 2 spheres to chill a very large cafe latte. I would normally fill almost the entire glass with regular ice and then have to add more ice half way through cause it melted. These spheres worked perfectly. Hardly any dilution of my espresso and by the time I finished there were still 2 resonably large ice spheres in my glass that I could have continued to use in a refill. These things are just brilliant! I have no idea why anyone would ever spend $500-$1500 for a press when they could have these. These are perfect to chill your liquor or any beverage you prefer to not become diluted.
Someone rated this product at 2 stars. If you actually read their review you'll understand that the person is an idiot. If the 2.5" ice sphere doesn't fit your glass, use a different glass. If you don't want your beverage to splash, put the ice in first. It's just common sense.
Rather then sit here and describe them....instead here are some tips to get them to perform:
1. Use distilled water -- if you want clear ice and no taste except the whiskey in your glass. Some people say purified or tap water is fine; but I have found that the ice still comes out with impurities and irregularities everytime I use anything other than distilled water.
2. The "fill" line on these are kind of funny. The fill line is not the line that you see going around the mold; but is instead just about to the top of the oval line that you will see on the inside as you pour the water in. Don't worry, once you see them you will understand what I am talking about.
3. When running "warm" water over the mold to take out the ice -- Read carefully! Run your warm water over the soft silicone lid first and most (the dark colored part) because it just takes a little longer to get the soft silicone to release than it does the hard plastic part of the mold.
4. When running the "warm" water over the silicone lid -- Take care not to just let the water run into the hole for expansion in the top of the lid. If you do you will create a hole inside your ice sphere.
5. MOST IMPORTANT! After you run your "warm" water all over everything and you remove the silicone top -- the ice sphere will remain inside the silicone portion of the mold and if you do not squeeze it out into the hard plastic part of the mold.... more than likely you will find yourself chasing a rolling, melting, ice sphere across your counter or across your floor and underneath a piece of furniture.... It's fast! LoL....
The Tovolo ice molds are really a very nice accent for a very nice chilled whiskey without having it watered down. Enjoy.
My only complaint is that the ice consistently develops a crack down the middle which adds more surface area for the ice to melt quicker but its not a major issue.
FYI: The glass in pictures are double Old Fashioned glasses so they are much larger than a regular whisky glass.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are awesome molds.Read more
The rubber top though has started to smell strongly after the first few months.Read more
My balls are not crystal clear but i think due to water, freeze rate, or I dont' know, but i'm still happy...Read more