Top critical review
46 people found this helpful
Great for scraping or stirring - not great for mixing heavy batters
on February 28, 2013
1. The silicone blade is just the right stiffness. Firm, but still flexible. The silicone spatulas at Williams Sonoma are thicker and softer, but yes, more $$$$.
2. The colors are cool! I love them all but the green one. That is the one I gave to my mother-in-law and she was delighted. We both were both made happy from one purchase!
3. Great Shape! Having a flat side and a curved side on the blade is quite useful when baking, scraping bowls, or just stirring a pot of soup.
1. I TOTALLY agree with Dave that these should come in multiple sizes! Who needs four identical tools, even if they are all different colors! Give two to your mother in law during the holidays.... I'm stingy - I only gave her one.
2. WARNING - grey handles are not strong enough! I make lots of cookies and thick batters. I always use my spatulas to stir and mix....but I'm now down to two spatulas because the grey handle snapped when I tried to mix the chocolate chips into my oatmeal raisin cookie dough. For soups and liquids, these are fine. For stiff dough, NO WAY! They are about half as strong as the wooden handle on a Williams Sonoma silicone spatula.