Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 223 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 270 reviews
on August 12, 2014
I use this for the first time at a friends house while baking. The biggest advantage to silicone spatulas is that they curve around the edges of the bowl to get every last bit of batter out. It's superior to wood in that it doesn't crack and does not need to be hand washed. Also unlike plastic it's not affected or warped by heat.

This specific set is a cheaper grade of silicone and is not as malleable as more expensive options. It's an excellent deal for the price however, you'd be hard-pressed to find a cheaper set of five spatulas on the Internet. Once you use it you'll quickly find that you using it beyond baking cakes and cookies because it's better than traditional spatulas for cooking things on a pan due to it's heat agnostic properties.
on January 1, 2014
We use these all the time and love them. They do an excellent job of storing the bottom and scraping the sides of pans. We cook mostly with cast iron and have melted more than one utensil in the pans but these don't melt. (The nylon handle would melt so you can't leave it resting on the edge of the pan for very long but that is not enough of a problem to warrant marking it down a point in my opinion.) They don't strain, nothing sticks to them and go straight into the dishwasher. Also works great for cleaning out mayo jars and such.
********
Update: One year later and we still love this product, they have held up through very frequent use, we put them in the dishwasher all the time, the only wear is from leaving them resting in a hot cast iron skillet there are a few little melty marks on the handles not enough of an issue to decrease my satisfaction
on February 24, 2017
I have used these for over 6 months, and do not care for the feel of them. when you are mixing thicker batters (muffins, breads, biscuits, cookie batters even brownie batters), it feels like like the head is going to pop off, very flimsy between the handle and where the head is attached.
on September 26, 2015
I like these spatulas plain and simple! I noticed though that the one I use for cooking feels a little 'furry' so I've withdrawn it for craft use
on March 3, 2014
This are such colorful fun spatulas to have in the kitchen! They are sturdy and easy to handle. A very durable product!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 19, 2016
I bought these in 2014. I waited to do a review because these kinds of products are always great in the beginning. A little over a year later- I find the following:

The handles and shafts are strong and secure- no issues whatsover. The colors are very nice, and look great to add some variety/color to a hanging rack of kitchen tools. HOWEVER- the ends (the tool end) gets hard and brittle- from heat and dishwasher- (I presume) and starts chipping and breaking off. I don't think any of them are complete- and the first one started a few months ago and I trimmed it up on a small dremel- and its ok. It seems the edge- about 1/4 Inch around the edge gets hard- so I trimmed that off and reshaped/sharpened, and now smaller it works. However they are all chipping and breaking. These would never work in a commercial or professional kitchen, I use them about 1x week- and they are self destructing. I think its unacceptable after this amount of time- I have some others I bought from a kitchen supply store (in the mall- a national chain) that are 5-10 yr old and still just as good as the day i bought them.
on January 17, 2015
I got these as a lightening deal so they were a bit of an impulse buy, but so glad I did!! Great size and shape with the perfect amount of flexibility, AND it's wonderful to always have a clean spatula especially since we only run our dishwasher twice a week.
on December 30, 2014
The handles are way too weak. The spatulas have a good shape, but the handle bends so easily that you can't use it to mix heavy batters or spread thick products. They will last forever because the handle is too weak to put any presure on the surfacde of the spatula.
on January 11, 2014
For the money how can you go wrong? (EDIT: What could go wrong, is that in less than 3 years ya might as well toss them. They are all breaking apart). These are (NOT) great quality, however for initial use, they are not too stiff or too soft. Love all the colors. Would (NOT) buy again due to issues. Darn.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2014
These spatulas are not as sturdy as our previous ones. I've waited a while since we purchased them hoping that they would grow on me, but they have not. The colored part is very prone to getting cut up. I do not use any sharp knives with these and somehow I'm still finding grooves in them. The tip of our red one broke off in my eggs yesterday morning. I'm very disappointed and wouldn't buy these again.