Tovolo Sphere Ice Molds - Set of 2
|Price:||$9.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stacks neatly to conserve space
- Leak-free and won't tip in the freezer
- Silicone cap
- BPA free ice molds
- Dishwasher safe
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Tovolo Sphere Ice MoldsRoll with the high rollers with our Sphere Ice Molds. The innovative and clever design gives you a 2.5" sphere, perfect to accompany your Irish Whiskey, Rye Whiskey, or Bourbon. Tovolo's slow melting sphere will bring out the full flavor of your drink. Add a splash a class to you next drink. Each silicone mold measures 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 6 inches high. This ice mold can find room in any freezer. The molds stack easily to conserve space and won't tip in your freezer. The silicone cap creates a perfect leak-free seal.
- Sturdy silicone construction makes a 2.5" perfect sphere
- Includes 2 molds, making 2 ice spheres
- Silicone mold releases the ice clean and easy
- BPA Free
- Dishwasher Safe
The crowd is sure to circle the bar to see these globes of ice in your drink. Great for all cocktails, a sophisticated sphere floating in a pool of your finest bourbon or pour your vodka over a sphere of cranberry juice. The possibilities are endless.
- Leak Free
- Great for restaurants, bars, and entertaining in the home
- Stacks neatly to conserve space
- Adds a cool element to your cocktail
Top Customer Reviews
These ice sphere molds work perfectly. Use as directed and you will achieve a clear practically perfect 2.5" sphere of ice each time. Durable and well contructed from food grade materials. You'll get clearer ice if you use filtered or boiled water. If prefered, you can even add fruit and stuff into the molds for presentation.
This morning, I used 2 spheres to chill a very large cafe latte. I would normally fill almost the entire glass with regular ice and then have to add more ice half way through cause it melted. These spheres worked perfectly. Hardly any dilution of my espresso and by the time I finished there were still 2 resonably large ice spheres in my glass that I could have continued to use in a refill. These things are just brilliant! I have no idea why anyone would ever spend $500-$1500 for a press when they could have these. These are perfect to chill your liquor or any beverage you prefer to not become diluted.
Someone rated this product at 2 stars. If you actually read their review you'll understand that the person is an idiot. If the 2.5" ice sphere doesn't fit your glass, use a different glass. If you don't want your beverage to splash, put the ice in first. It's just common sense.
Rather then sit here and describe them....instead here are some tips to get them to perform:
1. Use distilled water -- if you want clear ice and no taste except the whiskey in your glass. Some people say purified or tap water is fine; but I have found that the ice still comes out with impurities and irregularities everytime I use anything other than distilled water.
2. The "fill" line on these are kind of funny. The fill line is not the line that you see going around the mold; but is instead just about to the top of the oval line that you will see on the inside as you pour the water in. Don't worry, once you see them you will understand what I am talking about.
3. When running "warm" water over the mold to take out the ice -- Read carefully! Run your warm water over the soft silicone lid first and most (the dark colored part) because it just takes a little longer to get the soft silicone to release than it does the hard plastic part of the mold.
4. When running the "warm" water over the silicone lid -- Take care not to just let the water run into the hole for expansion in the top of the lid. If you do you will create a hole inside your ice sphere.
5. MOST IMPORTANT! After you run your "warm" water all over everything and you remove the silicone top -- the ice sphere will remain inside the silicone portion of the mold and if you do not squeeze it out into the hard plastic part of the mold.... more than likely you will find yourself chasing a rolling, melting, ice sphere across your counter or across your floor and underneath a piece of furniture.... It's fast! LoL....
The Tovolo ice molds are really a very nice accent for a very nice chilled whiskey without having it watered down. Enjoy.
You'll have to place your finger over the hole so it doesn't leak and make sure they stay level in the freezer. When ice crystals form, they become less dense than water, so it freezes from the top down forcing the gas to come out of solution. Placing the hole on the bottom with water to retain the seal lets the air escape. Close the cooler for slower freezing, which takes about 2-3 days depending on your temperature. See the before and after pics. You don't have to spend all the crazy money on clear ice makers.