From the Back Cover
* Aims to support more efficient and effective knowledge management and focuses on weakly-structured online information sources.
* Covers highly significant contributions to the semantic web research effort, including a new language for defining ontologies, several novel software tools and a coherent methodology for the application of the tools for business advantage.
* Provides guidelines for introducing knowledge management concepts and tools into businesses.
* Introduces an intelligent search tool that supports users in accessing information and a tool environment for maintenance, conversion and acquisition of information sources. Also describes information visualisation and knowledge sharing tools.
* Describes a state-of-the-art system for storage and retrieval of metadata expressed in RDF and RDF Schema. Also discusses a system for automatic metadata extraction.
* Examines three significant case studies providing examples of the real benefits to be derived from the adoption of semantic-web based ontologies in "real world" situations.
Aimed primarily at researchers and developers in the area of WWW-based knowledge management and information retrieval. It will also be a useful reference for students in computer science at the postgraduate level, academic and industrial researchers in the field, business managers who are aiming to increase the corporations' information infrastructure and industrial personnel who are tracking WWW technology developments in order to understand the business implications.